• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Richardson... EXPERT OPINIONS NEEDED!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you experts have any specific info or I'll even take gut feelings here about the immideaite and long term future of the artist formally known as Trich!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the Colts scored a tremendous Boon when the acquired Richardson early last year. All of the evidence I have seen since suggests that was way off.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to speculate. TRich to TPoor in less than a year. Consensus top non-QB in dynasty leagues 14 months ago. He still looks pretty bad to me. If opportunity continues, who knows, but I'd rather not be the one worrying about it.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been bad at all this year. A decent flex start maybe even RB2 territory some weeks in PPR. I think he could be a top 10 RB if Bradshaw was hurt for a extended period of time. As long as both are healthy it seems like Bradshaw limits Richardson more than the other way around. I'm not the biggest fan of Pep Hamilton. My hopes are he continues to play well for the Colts and moves on after next season. At this point I doubt he ever regains his full value of last season. But as you can see from TD some guys are just done with him no matter what he does.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bradshaw injury would sure help. But, he's never going to be what we thought he was as a rook. But I do think he's a shade better than what we've given him credit for recently. He can be better, but he needs to be a "bell cow" to fully realize that potential. Worth a roster door, worth bue week/injury fill inns, and occasionally a decent flex match up play. But not a guy you want as knew of your top 2 backs

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to speculate. TRich to TPoor in less than a year. Consensus top non-QB in dynasty leagues 14 months ago. He still looks pretty bad to me. If opportunity continues, who knows, but I'd rather not be the one worrying about it.

That's probably the right way to think about him. He obviously has ability, so who knows what the future holds? I saw enough last year that I never considered drafting him and I was pretty happy to get Bradshaw with a late round pick.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bradshaw injury would sure help. But, he's never going to be what we thought he was as a rook. But I do think he's a shade better than what we've given him credit for recently. He can be better, but he needs to be a "bell cow" to fully realize that potential. Worth a roster door, worth bue week/injury fill inns, and occasionally a decent flex match up play. But not a guy you want as knew of your top 2 backs

The phone and its auto correct had got to go

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing about him is that he's been consistently average in fantasy this year. He will not win you the week - Ever. But he will not lose it either (as long as he is considered a flex/low #2 RB). In my league (ppr), he is getting pretty consistently 11-14 pts per game.

He should not be a consistent starter for you. But in terms of injury/bye week replacement need - he's not awful.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a physical freak who lacks the decision making skills and vision to be a truly elite RB. Since those skills are every bit as important as the physical tools, his fantasy value will always be dependent on his situation. If he can get 20 touches a game in a good offense, he will produce, but most good offenses will have a superior back, so I find it unlikely that he gets the volume he needs in a good situation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing about him is that he's been consistently average in fantasy this year. He will not win you the week - Ever. But he will not lose it either (as long as he is considered a flex/low #2 RB). In my league (ppr), he is getting pretty consistently 11-14 pts per game.

He should not be a consistent starter for you. But in terms of injury/bye week replacement need - he's not awful.

Yes. He is a flex play with upside if his situation improves.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immediate: he may not play this weeks because of his hammy.

Rest-of-Season: two or three double-digit games the rest of the way.

Long-term: as a rusher, he's essentially Jackie Battle with a higher price tag.

Per 100 carries:
TRich gets 2.87 TDs, Battle gets 2.76
TRich gets 14.4 first downs, Battle gets 21.5
TRich gets 337 yards, Battle gets 362
TRich has 0.7 runs of 20 yards or more; Battle has 2.2

So hoping that more touches turns TRich into a valuable fantasy commodity is like hoping the same for Jackie Battle. In TRich's rookie year, the Browns kind of had to give him those touches to justify what they did to get him. His actual value has become apparent, and nobody's stuck feeding him those kinds of touches any more.

TRich is much better than Battle at receiving, which will keep him on rosters and keep him in a game plan, but at two catches a game it's not enough to make a difference fantasy-wise.

I don't think he will ever be a bell-cow back again, except possibly for brief periods through injury to other backs. People may complain about the system he's in, but I don't think anybody is going to give him those touches again, regardless of system.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immediate: he may not play this weeks because of his hammy.

Rest-of-Season: two or three double-digit games the rest of the way.

Long-term: as a rusher, he's essentially Jackie Battle with a higher price tag.

Per 100 carries:
TRich gets 2.87 TDs, Battle gets 2.76
TRich gets 14.4 first downs, Battle gets 21.5
TRich gets 337 yards, Battle gets 362
TRich has 0.7 runs of 20 yards or more; Battle has 2.2

So hoping that more touches turns TRich into a valuable fantasy commodity is like hoping the same for Jackie Battle. In TRich's rookie year, the Browns kind of had to give him those touches to justify what they did to get him. His actual value has become apparent, and nobody's stuck feeding him those kinds of touches any more.

TRich is much better than Battle at receiving, which will keep him on rosters and keep him in a game plan, but at two catches a game it's not enough to make a difference fantasy-wise.

I don't think he will ever be a bell-cow back again, except possibly for brief periods through injury to other backs. People may complain about the system he's in, but I don't think anybody is going to give him those touches again, regardless of system.

The Battle Axe is the man! :yahoo:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucks, was product of a system at Bama.