• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good number of fans in attendance and the crowd was amped. Some of the players really stood out. As you'd expect Suh was impressive. He is very quick for a player with his size and power. TE Cameron made some nice TD catches. LaMike James made a lot of good plays with his runs, catches & returning kicks. He might be passing Williams on the RB depth chart for #2 RB spot. Williams had a solid game except for a fumble. I didn't see much of Jay Ajayi. I think he must be further down the depth chart at this point. C Thompson had a big hit on Kevin Cone that caused a fumble. Tannehill played well overall besides trying to force the ball to Jennings when Grimes had good coverage. Tannehill was moving well in the pocket and making a lot of good decisions with his passing. He had multiple TD throws in the red zone. Bobby McCain had a great game. The defense won the day but I think we'll see that against other offenses also. Both kickers were accurate during the scrimmage. Hopefully the Fins get good production this year from whoever wins that spot.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear thanks!

Were the G's horrible or Suh just sick? That's the big question.

I'm hoping that the kicking game will be more consistent this year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just graduated from FIU so I did not want to be back there too soon lol. The crowd it held for that scrimmage was probably as full as that stadium will ever get for football this year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just graduated from FIU so I did not want to be back there too soon lol. The crowd it held for that scrimmage was probably as full as that stadium will ever get for football this year.
Congrats Paolo! Good to hear as we’ve been labelled as bad fans.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo, I also congratulate you for graduating.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear thanks!

Were the G's horrible or Suh just sick? That's the big question.

I'm hoping that the kicking game will be more consistent this year.

FlyerFinFan,

It's difficult to judge the guards that cover Suh because he is so good. The other DT's such as Mitchell seemed to get pressure and that could be a sign of a problem for the offense. Tannehill dealt well with pressure during the practice however my concern his lack of time to throw could hinder him and his talented WR's from connecting on deep passes and make them more predictable. I think the preseason games will be revealing RE the OG's as they match up against other DT's. McClendon is starting to get a look with the first team offense. At this point the Fins need two OG's. The Fins are a good place to try to earn a spot with so much uncertainty right now. At the practice one of the things that I noticed is how big OG Thomas is. He looked as big as LT Albert when they stood next together. Hopefully Thomas' shoulder isn't a lingering issue because the team needs to have a good evaluation of him now that he's focusing just on being an OG. OG Mathis' demands could be easily met this year. It's next season that would be more of a problem with the salary cap if the Fins sign him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Stand by my original quote that it would be huge if the youngsters stood up. Still plenty of time to find out. You'd think Thomas would be fine at G.