• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I like poles trading back and cleaning house, but if we end up franchise tagging sweat, Poles has got to go. There’s no excuse for that. I don’t trust him to build a contender.

Im already losing faith.......

Who would trade for a player in his contract season without consulting with the player himself about a contract extension,I could see if he was gonna be a rental cause we were contending for something,but we are not.....

Im just beyond wanting Poles anymore......here we sit as fans knowing this,but this supposedly highly intelligent gm does not know this......?? Wtf
He gets paid high dollar for doing a job,now I dont think he could manage Walmart.....

This is thee absolute worst year........

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im already losing faith.......

Who would trade for a player in his contract season without consulting with the player himself about a contract extension,I could see if he was gonna be a rental cause we were contending for something,but we are not.....

Im just beyond wanting Poles anymore......here we sit as fans knowing this,but this supposedly highly intelligent gm does not know this......?? Wtf
He gets paid high dollar for doing a job,now I dont think he could manage Walmart.....

This is thee absolute worst year........
Almost makes you think the bears are 100% all in on DEI. There’s no way this guy got the job based on merit.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to hear from Poles. What was he thinking? This is gross negligence. I’ve never seen a GM make this boneheaded of a move. He just gave away our 2nd round pick for likely NOTHING in a year we should be tanking.

Fire this dumbfuck.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon guys.
Trade for a guy for just 10 games - in a losing season, mind you - with no long term plan?
There had to be futures talk.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon guys.
Trade for a guy for just 10 games - in a losing season, mind you - with no long term plan?

Had to be-just had to be......

I just can not believe that Poles or Warren or any coach in that organization would not have thought about that......

But the again,we are the Bears.........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon guys.
Some follow up articles in the local rags suggest Poles and Sweat's agent have already had some discussions, even prior to the trade. So that's a bit encouraging, but then again the old tired cliché of 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' definitely applies here. I don't care how positive talks may be, I want to see that Sweat SIGNED an extension. Otherwise my F-- grade still stands.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Montez is a Bear, for the meanwhile anyway, let's see why "King" Poles gave up a valuable second round pick for him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Montez is a Bear, for the meanwhile anyway, let's see why "King" Poles gave up a valuable second round pick for him.
Been watching similar vids on his impressive play, along with articles popping up since the two Washington trades. And the Commanders coaches pretty much all believe hands down that Sweat is a more disciplined, more complete player than Young. He's definitely going to help our pass rush and help maintain our ever improving rush defense, maybe even make it stronger. So I'm fine that it was Sweat instead of Young that Poles traded for. But it's the extension, that's everything. A half season of play for a team going nowhere only for him to walk next year would make this trade an absolute disaster. Ink him and then I'm more than satisfied with surrendering our 2nd.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to be-just had to be......

I just can not believe that Poles or Warren or any coach in that organization would not have thought about that......

But the again,we are the Bears.........

Some follow up articles in the local rags suggest Poles and Sweat's agent have already had some discussions, even prior to the trade. So that's a bit encouraging, but then again the old tired cliché of 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' definitely applies here. I don't care how positive talks may be, I want to see that Sweat SIGNED an extension. Otherwise my F-- grade still stands.
Not gonna pretend to know how negotiations work, but I'm guessing both sides had a "range" in mind which was mutual enough to trade and work out the details later. Probably don't have to tell you trade parameters and what you make public are different than free agent negotiations.

Bears have too many holes to fill. The Sweat deal gets an amazingly consistent pass rusher. And from what I understand, DL are not strong in the 2014 draft class. (Not that I trust rookies anyway.) Poles isn't off the hook, but this is a good signing imo.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna pretend to know how negotiations work, but I'm guessing both sides had a "range" in mind which was mutual enough to trade and work out the details later. Probably don't have to tell you trade parameters and what you make public are different than free agent negotiations.

Bears have too many holes to fill. The Sweat deal gets an amazingly consistent pass rusher. And from what I understand, DL are not strong in the 2014 draft class. (Not that I trust rookies anyway.) Poles isn't off the hook, but this is a good signing imo.

It's all good but if we're sitting here in next May and have only a trade up from the 7th to 6th round in 2025 to show for 2 picks in the 32-36 range then Bears Management is clowns to the highest degree.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rookies are not guaranteed,we all know what Sweat is,a very good player that we can atleast count on(as long as he signs,which I think he will).......
Ill take that trade.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so while we're all waiting to see whether Sweat accepts an extension or otherwise renders this trade a major bust, we might as well check out what the man brings to the table:

In case you don't feel like reading the entire article, I found this tidbit within quite alarming with respect to the results our defense has produced to date:

The Bears' defense has once again struggled to get to the quarterback in 2023. Through eight games, the Bears rank dead last in sacks (10) and 31st in total pressures, per Pro Football Focus.

Sweat's arrival gives the Bears the type of game-changing talent that can turn the pass rush around in a hurry. On the season, Sweat has 6.5 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 11 quarterback hits. Bears defensive ends have combined for five sacks, 11 tackles for loss, and 13 quarterback hits. Sweat is one of seven players in the NFL with at least five sacks in each of the last five seasons.

Sweat alone all but doubles the total production of our current batch of DEs who have manned the position this season. He will matter. Let's just hope it starts mattering this Sunday.