• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Track day bro

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here take their car to the track or autocross ?

I took my 90' Miata to the track last sunday. Its bone stock and has all season "performance" tires (not sure how all season tires can be performance tires) but it was loads to fun!

I plan on buying some summer performance tires and some suspension upgrades next year.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you in that video or just something you grabbed off youtube???
Looks fun. But I can't imagine a bone stock car is going to last too long doing that.
Lots of clutches and brakes for sure.
Is the Miata your everyday driver or just a second car that you have for stuff like this??

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you in that video or just something you grabbed off youtube???
Looks fun. But I can't imagine a bone stock car is going to last too long doing that.
Lots of clutches and brakes for sure.
Is the Miata your everyday driver or just a second car that you have for stuff like this??
Its a video I recorded using my gopro.

I don't think the clutch would wear that much unless you don't rev match very well on downshifts. I could see myself changing the brake pads and fluids more often but its not that expensive. I could see tires getting worn out pretty fast and that being pretty expenisve.

If you are trying to go faster, you can end up spending a lot of money. If you just want to drive and have a lot of fun, it is not too bad on the money.

Its a second car I bought just for this kind of thing. I got it for like $400 and it only needed a timing belt and water pump change to get it running well. Its a good piece of mind knowing if I crash or if the car breaks down, I can still drive my car to work and its not a big loss.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a second car I bought just for this kind of thing. I got it for like $400 and it only needed a timing belt and water pump change to get it running well. Its a good piece of mind knowing if I crash or if the car breaks down, I can still drive my car to work and its not a big loss.

I think this is key to something like that.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Dallas Mustang groups that I in has track days now and then. I don't run my car on the track, I would need to do some more suspension work first. I just watch other people run. We also have dyno day events at different performance shops they usually let you do three pulls on a dyno for $40. That's mainly for bragging rights and to look at each others car. But the big car meets happen on Friday nights where everyone races on the Turnpike. Illeagal as hell but fun.