• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tourney Teams Not Respected

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tourney teams being taken for granted/overlooked:

1 Wichita St- this team went to the championship last year and are better. They have a ridiculous bracket, but they are not being respected.

2 Michigan- some thought they shouldn't of got a 2 seed. They are a dangerous team, but also in a tough bracket. If they meet Duke, most will take Duke but not so fast.

1 Virginia- this team WON the ACC and the ACC tourney. That is tough. They will eventually have to play Michigan St, a tough team but they are capable of beating the Spartans.

2 Villanova- this team only had 4 losses all year and ended with a tough loss in their conference tourney. Still skeptical about them, they could win 1 game or they could go deep. Most probably have them losing early (including myself).

3 Syracuse- they have struggled of late, but this team can be a Final Four team, we saw it early. But how much is momentum a key in a tourney run? Most will say it weighs heavily, but don't overlook this team, they are still very dangerous.

8 Kentucky- this team is very dangerous, most thought they got shafted with an 8 seed. They have tough matchup if they win in Wichita St, but this team is capable but are tbey too young/inexperienced to make a run??

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those teams excluding Michigan & Virginia deserves to be disrespected

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not WSU. Despite playing not much competition, they have been there and done that. Why not again?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan plays a team with good perimeter defense they could be in trouble.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati.

The whole AAC, actually.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make no sense.

How many games of UK, nova, and Cuse have you watched?

When UK plays as a team, which they have shown the ability to do and have gotten better with in there conference tournament they can be a dangerous squad, once they don't play selfish they can beat anyone.

Cuse is in a shooting slump and lacks a bench, even in a shooting slump they still take teams to the wire. The way they played Duke, UNC, Nova and a lot of other squads prove they are an extremely dangerous team when confident. They can beat anyone as well with Ennis, Fair and Grant, all first rounders.

Nova with experienced players Bell and Pinkston can play ball, no doubt about it. It's a good team and they have shown the ability to be great, they just have a few pieces missing.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some stat, that a team that went to the final four, and the following year, they win 30 games, they have gone back to the final four. Bodes well for Wichita State...However, all the espin experts said no way this year for Wichita State to go back, as the draw is too tough. So, we shall see who is right.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some stat, that a team that went to the final four, and the following year, they win 30 games, they have gone back to the final four. Bodes well for Wichita State...However, all the espin experts said no way this year for Wichita State to go back, as the draw is too tough. So, we shall see who is right.

Would be interesting to see how many times that happened and how many times that was a team from a power conference.

A team from a power conference winning 30+ games after a FF has a whole different feel to it than a team from a 1-bid league doing it.

While I agree that WSU is very talented and a good team... I think it will be a very, very tough task to transition from a schedule full of 100+ teams to the dance. Last year they actually had several other top-100 teams in their conference. Not so this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati.

The whole AAC, actually.

Yes. Thqt is why I am debating taking Harvard. It seems like all of ESPN is on Harvard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of the thread is don't take teams for granted just because they haven't been playing great or went through a tough stretch. Minus WSU and Florida, every team has gone through a tough stretch.

Matchups is the key. For example, that Cuse zone will give a lot of teams trouble. I could see them beating Ohio St and Zona, but lots are discounting them just because of recent play.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think WSU, Michigan St, and Louisville are the 3 most balanced teams in the country. They have depth, experience, and leadership.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Novas been getting disrespected all year. To be honest, we get disrespected almost every tourney I can recall.

Not a single soul picked us to advance past the Sweet 16. I mean, I know Iowa State is a blueblood juggernaut and all, but ...

Anyway, we'll see what happens. :noidea:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting to see how many times that happened and how many times that was a team from a power conference.

A team from a power conference winning 30+ games after a FF has a whole different feel to it than a team from a 1-bid league doing it.

While I agree that WSU is very talented and a good team... I think it will be a very, very tough task to transition from a schedule full of 100+ teams to the dance. Last year they actually had several other top-100 teams in their conference. Not so this year.

UNLV, Indiana State. Would also be interested in the stats.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of the thread is don't take teams for granted just because they haven't been playing great or went through a tough stretch. Minus WSU and Florida, every team has gone through a tough stretch.

Matchups is the key. For example, that Cuse zone will give a lot of teams trouble. I could see them beating Ohio St and Zona, but lots are discounting them just because of recent play.

That's right, you can't sleep on anyone in the tourney. I think we will see some upsets most people won't see coming.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky has the best athletes and if they ever learn how to play together, they win. Consider how many future NBA players are on that team.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky has the best athletes and if they ever learn how to play together, they win. Consider how many future NBA players are on that team.

Or simply overrated. Have you not seen these "prodigies" flop in the NBA or never earn their "stars" at the collegiate level? Happens all the time. There's talent at UK but too many what ifs. I wouldn't bet the farm on Kentucky living up to the hype.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely true. Based on talent UK is a one seed. Unfortunately they havent played yo potential. Guard play has improved dramatically. It will be interesting to see if they can string together a couple solid games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see UK beating Wichita St. WSU has experience and are efficient. UK has that talent, I just think it is a bad matchup. But no doubt they will compete and could give them a good game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see UK beating Wichita St. WSU has experience and are efficient. UK has that talent, I just think it is a bad matchup. But no doubt they will compete and could give them a good game.

It is true. Uk has issues with smart, disciplined teams. Only interesting fact is WSU relies on rebounding. That is one thing UK excels at

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this….If by chance that Kentucky were to get by Kansas State, then pull the upset against WSU, they would de facto take the #1 seed in the Midwest Region the rest of the tournament.