• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Total Team win

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Played 4 quarters of football..maybe not all at the same time, but 1/3 of the team kept us in it the entire game
-Stats certainly don't show it, but Bradford probably had his most impressive game vs a team that likely game planned for him. He didn't kill us. He earned his gold sticker today
-RB by committee might be the way to go from here on out. The Committee being primarily Barner/Sproles/Mathews. Health of course, is a MAJOR factor.
-I'm puttin Murray on the block this offseason. He's "a body" but the way our O is set up he does us NO GOOD whatsoever.
-Marcus Smith and Kiko Alonso sightings...in the same game!! Connor Barwin returned from the dead!

-Somofabish we still in it

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Played 4 quarters of football..maybe not all at the same time, but 1/3 of the team kept us in it the entire game

Yeah, I can agree with that.

-Stats certainly don't show it, but Bradford probably had his most impressive game vs a team that likely game planned for him. He didn't kill us. He earned his gold sticker today.

Bradford had two bad throws, but I hope people realize all QB's will have bad throws in games. The two INT's Brady threw were absolutely atrocious (Amendola into double coverage that could be seen coming from miles away, and the deep ball that Maxwell got was just as bad. Would love to see the All-22 on Bradford for this game (especially about some of the short throws).

-RB by committee might be the way to go from here on out. The Committee being primarily Barner/Sproles/Mathews. Health of course, is a MAJOR factor.
-I'm puttin Murray on the block this offseason. He's "a body" but the way our O is set up he does us NO GOOD whatsoever.

Mostly agree with you here. Not sure whether Murray is unsuited per se for this offense, but in the shape he is in, he actually is.

-Marcus Smith and Kiko Alonso sightings...in the same game!! Connor Barwin returned from the dead!

True, but not always positive. The one that stood out - wont show on the stat sheet - was Smith rushing Brady so fast on the screen that the screen to the RB failed (4th quarter).

And still not sure whether that is a good or bad thing.

A few points of my own:

- DO NOT PLAY PREVENT DEFENSE!!!!!!!! This team has clearly shown it cannot handle that, and it actually got the Patriots back in the game.

- More and more I am doubting the LB's are fixed. I saw too much going wrong there.

- Rowe played OK, did some good things, some not so good things. Seemed to get better as the game progressed. Made the final play.

- I still do not trust this team and this O-line.

Still wondering what actually went on in the locker-room this week. The attitude with which the team came out was sooo different compared to last week, especially on defense. Was it some serious discussion within the team? Was it Bradford returning? Was it the offense showing on the first two drives it actually might be able to do something useful this game? Was it being able to get to Brady?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize all QBs make bad throws from time to time, but Bradford is looking for a long-term commitment from us. Everything he does is under a microscope.

I don't like Murray in the O running sweeps and out of the shot gun. fuck that shit. Plus my god, he had the kidd of death 400 touches last year and i was fully prepared to mock any team that gave him a big contract. Unfortunately, and unexpectedly, it was us. This lack of production was to be expected. Meanwhile Shady put up another 100 yard game...

I don't trust this team either, and fully expect us to sh!t the bed next week, but at least we have a reason to watch the games for 1 more week.

Other than it being the Patriots and the game of the week, i don't know what made the team suit up today. But again it was the first week that all 3 phases of the team contributed in the same game. When that doesn't happen this team doesn't fair well.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Stats certainly don't show it, but Bradford probably had his most impressive game vs a team that likely game planned for him. He didn't kill us. He earned his gold sticker today

Nobody is gonna trade for him and inherit his contract.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford played well imo. Murray may look a lot better if we upgrade the Oline but he's here another year.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great special teams play....the rest of this team was garbage. Brady has nobody to throw to and still lit us up. We tried to give the game away at the end. Bradford was horrible once again today....missing wide open guys like Ertz. We got real lucky today, bottom line.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford played like what he is ... an average to below average starting QB. We won the game because Brady was down to Amendola and he made mistakes; our Defense capitalized as well as our special teams. We're not going anywhere with Bradford unless we upgrade both the OL and WR crew. Honestly, how many starting QB's in the league right now would you take Bradford over?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays game shows that it takes key plays in all phases of the game in order to win. No one player had an all around outstanding game. Riley cooper made a great decision to knock the ball out of bounds on an offside kick.
Cooper also had a big 12 yard reception for a 1st down. A blocked kick and a touchdown as a result was a
great game changer by special teams. The defense returning a red Zone interception for a touchdown was beautiful to see. Bradford did not throw a pick and that also helped. We can win with good plays and smart decisions. Doing this next week is another thing entirely. I still believe that we need to improve on offense.
However, I will savor todays win like a fine wine! (Last but not least, the Eagles sacked Brady 4 times today.)

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford played like what he is ... an average to below average starting QB. We won the game because Brady was down to Amendola and he made mistakes; our Defense capitalized as well as our special teams. We're not going anywhere with Bradford unless we upgrade both the OL and WR crew. Honestly, how many starting QB's in the league right now would you take Bradford over?
Great special teams play....the rest of this team was garbage. Brady has nobody to throw to and still lit us up. We tried to give the game away at the end. Bradford was horrible once again today....missing wide open guys like Ertz. We got real lucky today, bottom line.
Guys DPD will not approve of your negativity after a win. thats not enlightening talk, or so i'm told!

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe they won. I wrote this team off after the 1st Dallas game. This team is still horrible, they beat a Pats team that is decimated by injury. I find it hilarious that a lot of people now "back". They are delusional...

I was hoping they would lose out the rest of the year to improve their draft position, each win hurts this team. Even if they win out... (Remember 2011 season with Andy?) it only gives us false hope.. this team isn't good enough to win in the playoffs.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not back, but hopefully we win 3 of the next 4. They will be back if we win out, but doubt Arizona will lose to us. I think Ariz and Carolina are the cream of the crop, plus Bruce doesn't like Chip anyway. The D played their best in a long time, but they still were lucky to beat a depleted team. Our offense only scored 2 TD's. Oh well, all we can hope for is to win the division, and a playoff game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect we still come up short here down the stretch, and miss the playoffs. But at least the team showed a spark, finally.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Eagles!
Your team beat the Pats big time, enjoy the sweet victory.

Excuse me I have to get back to getting ridiculed by @HammerDown

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I watched a different game but what I SAW was a special teams win.
The only other players that caught my eye where Jenkins and Barner. Bradford still sucks but now that we beat NE the Birds are going to the SB......right? LOL

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I watched a different game but what I SAW was a special teams win.
The only other players that caught my eye where Jenkins and Barner. Bradford still sucks but now that we beat NE the Birds are going to the SB......right? LOL

No, you're exactly right. Our D gave up 28 points. Our O scored 14 points.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys DPD will not approve of your negativity after a win. thats not enlightening talk, or so i'm told!

lol. Actually its the same old same old. Clearly an amazing win on the road against a one loss team and the Super Bowl Champs and there is one thread about the game, 16 total posts, and more than half the comments on how the team still sucks.

Its not approval or disapproval, just an observation of this board that seems to be reflective of Eagles fans as a whole....They love to bitch and moan and in a somewhat strange way prefer a loss as it gives them more of an opportunity to complain. People are more interested in DeMarco Murray this week than the greatest win of the year.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Actually its the same old same old. Clearly an amazing win on the road against a one loss team and the Super Bowl Champs and there is one thread about the game, 16 total posts, and more than half the comments on how the team still sucks.

Its not approval or disapproval, just an observation of this board that seems to be reflective of Eagles fans as a whole....They love to bitch and moan and in a somewhat strange way prefer a loss as it gives them more of an opportunity to complain. People are more interested in DeMarco Murray this week than the greatest win of the year.

LOL, even the media spends time on the reasons the Patriots lost and not why the Eagles won. It was a great game to watch as an Eagles fan but I am not reading too much into it. We will see how the rest of the season goes. I would really like to see our offense reduce the penalties because Bradford seems to be moving the team right now but 1st and 20's are hard to come back from.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, even the media spends time on the reasons the Patriots lost and not why the Eagles won. It was a great game to watch as an Eagles fan but I am not reading too much into it. We will see how the rest of the season goes. I would really like to see our offense reduce the penalties because Bradford seems to be moving the team right now but 1st and 20's are hard to come back from.

Yeah. Its a small sample size, but in Bradford's last 3 games, he was performed as a top 10 sort of QB. Moved the ball well and no turnovers. Its still possible for this team to achieve its potential, and if they do, they will get a first round home playoff game.

Obviously, its been a rocky season, but as a team and a coach they can't think that way. Its a 4 game season now, and they have the edge with three of four at home and games against both the other co-leaders.

In practicality, they would likely win the division if they can beat both the Giants and Redskins. The other two games may not even matter as the Redskins or the Giants would need to win the other three in that scenario.