• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Waiver pickups for wk 2

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this seems to be all the rage today..let's discuss it. Based on a ownership rate of less than %60 of ESPN leagues..why ESPN? because CBS sucks and Yahoo is a pain in the ass.

My top wavier pickups are as follows

QB-
Terrell Pryor- facing Jacksonville, had 300+ total yards and 2 scores last week against a much better opponent, constant threat of a running game always opens the door for plays downfield.
EJ Manuel-not as great of a matchup, but a better overall talent than Pryor, also has a strong run game to rely on, and has Stevie Johnson.
Carson Palmer-still not sold on his ability to stay upright for long, and his statue-like presence in the pocket is nothing more than a target, but he and Fitzgerald obviously have a connection, and he did show the ability to get other WR's involved as well.
Honorable mention of Geno Smith and Chad Henne-Geno needs a better supporting cast before being taken seriously. Henne is interesting, was great in spurts last year, and is a nice step up fro Gabbart.

RB-
J. Bell- Granted he misses the %60 cut, but deserves mention as he's hands down the best RB to grab this week if he's available. Bush isn't exactly the picture of durability, and he gets enough rep's regardless to hold value.
Balial Powell- IF Geno Smith continues to show he's at least capable at QB, like he did last week, the running lanes will open, Ivory is basically DMC lite, injuries and all.
DaRel Scott-this has everything to do with what comes out of the workouts today, but if Wilson is going to be in the doghouse, someone has to run the ball in NY.
Pierre Thomas-Ingram didn't perform well at all, Thomas did. Not the greatest situation to own a comittee RB from NO..but these are hard times for some.

honorable mention to Kendall Hunter, I keep thinking at some point Gore will succomb to injury, but it hasn't happenned, yet.

WR-
Julian Edelman- As I've talked about on here already..I give the top WR spot to Edelman based on his usage, the potential for continued involvement in the offense. and his trust factor both with Brady and Belichek. Amendola is already staring "week to week" in the face, and Edelman is the only WR on the roster with any experience, and also the only WR on the roster that Brady and Hoodie trust to get the job done. In time perhaps KT and Dobson earn their own roles, but it won't destroy Edelman's value to the offense. Don't forget, this is the same guy that started over Welker for two weeks to open the year last season before he was injured. And on top of it all, Amendola has already been ruled out for wk2, leaving Edelman as hands down, the best option on the field for Brady, for at least one week.
Marlon Brown-Contrary to what it may seem like, I do like Brown's prospects, but, I don't like his team's offensive system when it comes to consistent production from a WR who isn't the #1. The Ravens do not throw the ball enough to sustain consistent production from the 2nd WR, and Torrey Smith will always be the first option in this passing game. And if he isn't, Ray Rice is. That said, the simple fact that he is a #2, with no real competition, gives him enough value to warrant a pickup, just not over Edelman.
Rod Streeter- seems to be Pryor's safety net, and his best WR. If being a #2 is enough for me to like Brown, than being a #1 is surely enough as well, even if it is with Oakland.
Brian Hartline- if that's the result of defenses taking away Wallace, than Hartline is in for a another good season..not great, but good. Don't discount the "squeaky wheel effect" though..when WR's start chirping about their involvement in the offense like Wallace has been, they generally get the ball more often the next week, even though I think it's a joke and the guy should be suspended for a game, see how he likes that level on involvement in the offense!

honorable mentions to Kenny Stills, harry Douglas, Jerome Simpson, and Nate Burleson-whether it's QB play, or simply being too many other mouths to feed, all of these guys are capable of big weeks, and all are capable of putting up a zero.

TE-
Jordan Cameron-surprisingly Cameron is owned in less than %35 of ESPN leagues..self explanatory, if he's there, go get him.
Julius Thomas- OVer %60, but not by much. The kid looked great, but given the amount of options around him, I really don't like his chances of being an every week producer. Eric Decker isn't just going to go away, and a Julius THomas will be a lot easier to take away defensively then Decker, Welker or Thomas. But, he is the top TE out there, just being the starter on a team led by Peyton Manning
Kellen WInslow-given that Geno Smith isn't nearly as inept as we all have been told he would be, and that he really leaned on his TE, Winslow is the 1B choice at TE. Only problem being the guy's legs could fall off at any given moment.
Fred Davis- again another shocker, less than %45 of leagues have Davis rostered. Once Griffin gets the rust knocked off, this guy is easily capable of being your TE1. The Read option is tailor made for short-medium passes over the middle to a crossing TE.

The TE position is so ridiculously deep this year, no reason to list any honorable mentions here.

Obviously the overall ranking depend on each individual team's needs, so I won't bother going into that.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we gotta add Bolden to the list.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Jacobs...blah.. had the Gmen signed anyone else on their list of invitees, I'd say jump on him too... but Jacobs?? No Thanks

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Leon Washington might be the guy over Bolden... but really I bet Sudfeld picks up some of the slack. Gronk's gonna get plenty of looks when he gets back.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Cameron-surprisingly Cameron is owned in less than %35 of ESPN leagues..self explanatory, if he's there, go get him.

Good lord. Does ESPN run only 6-team leagues?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no idea..my guess is, having been in plenty, is that there were so many "leagues" people used as mock drafts early in the prep process, and they've never returned to manage the team..at least that's what I hope!
maybe next week I'll use CBS or yahoo even though they are a sucking pain in the ass

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no idea..my guess is, having been in plenty, is that there were so many "leagues" people used as mock drafts early in the prep process, and they've never returned to manage the team..at least that's what I hope!
maybe next week I'll use CBS or yahoo even though they are a sucking pain in the ass

I'm sure you'll find they are pretty much the same. It just struck me as being really low.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron's owned in 61% on CBS - probably the difference between a 10-team default and a 12-team default.

Plus the fact that if you did want to a 6-team league, it's free on ESPN.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Leon Washington might be the guy over Bolden... but really I bet Sudfeld picks up some of the slack. Gronk's gonna get plenty of looks when he gets back.

The patriots third RB option isn't worth a pickup.:wtf:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots third RB option isn't worth a pickup.:wtf:

have a very strong feeling he'll be the second option, regardless of the depth chart..Blount is nothing but a low level banger..he proved as much in the two series after Ridley was benched

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron's owned in 61% on CBS - probably the difference between a 10-team default and a 12-team default.

Plus the fact that if you did want to a 6-team league, it's free on ESPN.

That's hilarious. I was joking about a 6-team league.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jared Cook is a good pickup as well