• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top schools with former players currently on NFL rosters

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao @ Georgia. All that talent wasted. Could say the same about a few others but damn. Georgia is major fail.
It's actually worse if you consider the front and back side, meaning annual top 10 recruiting classes, and then the high number of NFL draftees. What happens in the middle has been unfortunate to the extent that we don't have a NC. Otherwise, in Richt's tenure I've enjoyed our program. Interestingly, most of it has to be pointed at the D. Our O has actually been quite good. We simply lost way too many games 35-42 ... that type of thing. But, yeah, it would be hard to argue with those numbers that we should have a NC somewhere in there, but that's the breaks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still looking forward to the Alabama/LSU game - to see who screws up clock-management more between Les Miles and Lane Kiffin.

Lane Kiffin will be handling clock management?

:scratch:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS was not run by the NCAA. USC lost their BCS championship because of BCS rules.

And last I checked, the NCAA has never let a player remain eligible once it has been determined that he was on the take. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

As for your question .You need to check again. Like in your own glass house. Derrick Mays accepted cash , gifts, and trips from a ND booster ( kinda the definition of being on the take) and played all four years.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have about 25 or 26 guys in the NFL. About half of those play for either the Bills or the Cardinals.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for your question .You need to check again. Like in your own glass house. Derrick Mays accepted cash , gifts, and trips from a ND booster ( kinda the definition of being on the take) and played all four years.
That booster was his girlfriend. He committed no infractions. The infractions in that case were committed by a different player. And as I recall, sanctions were meted out appropriately. The difference between the Kim Dunbar case and that of Reggie Bush is that no players were found to be ineligible retroactively. Had they been, any wins involving those players would have had to have been vacated.

That said, there were huge differences between the Kim Dunbar incident at Notre Dame, and Reggie Bush at USC (or DJ Fluker at Alabama.) Notre Dame self-reported the incident, investigated it and cooperated with the NCAA. USC copped an attitude, flipped the NCAA the bird, and expected to not get bitch-slapped. Given hind-sight - which do you think is the better road to take?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That booster was his girlfriend. He committed no infractions. The infractions in that case were committed by a different player. And as I recall, sanctions were meted out appropriately. The difference between the Kim Dunbar case and that of Reggie Bush is that no players were found to be ineligible retroactively. Had they been, any wins involving those players would have had to have been vacated.

That said, there were huge differences between the Kim Dunbar incident at Notre Dame, and Reggie Bush at USC (or DJ Fluker at Alabama.) Notre Dame self-reported the incident, investigated it and cooperated with the NCAA. USC copped an attitude, flipped the NCAA the bird, and expected to not get bitch-slapped. Given hind-sight - which do you think is the better road to take?

That booster was his girlfriend.LOL. Funny. All eight Notre Dame players she was giving money , trips, and gifts said she was their girlfriend. One had her baby and it wasn't Derrick dude. But nice try.LOL
You asked if any players on the take were still allowed to play. There's your answer in your own house. And no it's wasn't all ok . Notre dame was put on probation. But that wasn't your question was it. LOL

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn's down to 25 players. Carnell Williams gone already.....huge bust. And I just read that he is back at Auburn finishing up his sociology degree....taking Spanish II and world lit :L He can barely speak English, much less another language....kind of makes me feel ashamed

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came back to see what the verdict was, I guess yes LSU is Bust U. Texas has fallen, but Jamaal Charles and Earl Thomas are carrying the tourch.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU's 38 former players on NFL rosters leads nation | NOLA.com

LSU 38

Southern Cal 37

Alabama 36

Georgia 34

Florida 33

Florida State 33

Miami 31

California 29

Ohio State 29

Notre Dame 28

Tennessee 28

Wisconsin 27

gGmDV1t.gif

Good to see Wisconsin hanging around with the blue bloods. I'd also like to add that two former Badgers (J.J. Watt, Joe Thomas) each have an excellent shot at the HOF. Watt obviously has to keep up this pace for 4-5 more years, but Thomas is nearly there already.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds you of marcus spears, doesn't it?

:suds:

Spears was a total bust, nowhere near as bad as David LeFleur. Not sure when you started watching LSU football, but this guy was a TE that was a 1st rounder from LSU the Cowboys took back in '97 I believe.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how valid that list is, but Texas lists 33 players active in the NFL (not including practice squad).

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spears was a total bust, nowhere near as bad as David LeFleur. Not sure when you started watching LSU football, but this guy was a TE that was a 1st rounder from LSU the Cowboys took back in '97 I believe.

oh yeah

i stood next to him at a bar in Tigerland when i was in school then

huge mofo! (something like 6'7" 275, i think)

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how valid that list is, but Texas lists 33 players active in the NFL (not including practice squad).

I believe this list only includes currently 'active' and not those on the Restricted List or practice squad.
I didn't check the players from different schools.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU's 38 former players on NFL rosters leads nation | NOLA.com

LSU 38

Southern Cal 37

Alabama 36

Georgia 34

Florida 33

Florida State 33

Miami 31

California 29

Ohio State 29

Notre Dame 28

Tennessee 28

Wisconsin 27

gGmDV1t.gif

It's actually pretty impressive that Wisconsin is that high on the list if you think about it. They have some darn good player development. There's not much to choose from in their own back yard and virtually none of the top recruits choose to go to Wisconsin.

There's ONE high school recruit in ESPN's top 300 from Wisconsin...ranked 141 (offensive lineman). That same recruit is the ONLY one on the list committed to Wisconsin. This is the norm. In contrast, there are 50 recruits from FL, 31 from CA, 27 from GA, 18 from LA, 13 from AL.