• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Starters On Your Team You Wouldn't Mind Being Released

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 starters on your team that you wouldn't mind being released, or traded.

Packers:

1.) Morgan Brunett Mr. Average SS: 7th season making around 5 mil per season. He's had multiple 100 tackle seasons and good run support player. Is below average in coverage at best. He looks lost, misses open field solo tackles. He makes few splash plays like sacks, FF's, FR's, INT's, or TFL. He's basically the AJ Hawk of Safeties just there to assist the tackle with other players well beyond the LOS but doesn't add much after that.

2.) Sam Shields aka poor man's Deangelo Hall CB: 7th season as well making nearly 10 mil per year. He's very fast and makes some splash int's. Is a very weak tackler, falls for basic moves and gets toasted frequently. His receptions allowed per # times targeted percentage is 20th in the NFL yet he's paid like a top 10-12 CB.

3.) Julius Peppers aka Grandpa OLB: In his 15th season now and making 8.5 mil a year. Very tall and still has decent athleticism especially for his age. Had 11.5 sacks last season. Outside of being a good pass rusher he's terrible against the run, gives up the edge constantly to both RB's and QB's, can't cover anyone in pass coverage and many of his sacks are coverage sacks.

4.) Devante Adams WR aka greasy hands: In his third season now and had a great rookie year. In the 2015 preseason Aaron Rodgers and the head coach talked him up like he's some kind of a football god. He ended up dropping many passes and 2 were potential game winning TD's. He only had one TD last season. He failed to make separation and his catch: target ratio was one of the worst in the league.

5.) Eddie Lacy aka Feast Mode RB: He's now in his 4th season and making roughly 500k per year. I've been saying for years that he's going to eat himself out of the league. Feast Mode came very close to doing that last season. He stated that he won't lose weight until the men upstairs tell him too. Well MM said if he doesn't lose weight his fat ass is gone. He has power and a great spin move. He had a decent first couple years but after ballooning up to 260 lbs at 5'11" he couldn't even outrun some offensive linemen in the league. He was constantly caught from behind. His avg was 4.1 YPC and had under 800 yds rushing last season and had little production in the passing game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Seahawks offensive line. That's 5.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Seahawks offensive line. That's 5.

I feel for RW. If he had a halfway decent O-line the man wins MVP hands down. Instead he's running for his life and now getting injured. Just draft the offensive linemen from UW (Badgers) and you'll be fine.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Terrance Williams
2. Terrance Williams
3. Terrance Williams
4. Terrance Williams
5. Terrance Williams

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Terrance Williams
2. Terrance Williams
3. Terrance Williams
4. Terrance Williams
5. Terrance Williams

Hahahaha, I was going to do the same thing with Marcus Cannon.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I can come up with 5 off the top of my head.

1) Aqib Talib, I'd miss his talent but not the other BS he brings with him.

I think a couple of interior linemen could be replaced.

Trevor Siemien may be able to be replaced but I want to see how high his peak is.

This is tough for me. I feel like most of our players bring something to the table not easily replaced.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to come up with 5 without knowing who will replace them, but here goes...

Tim Barnes, C have needed an upgrade at center for years. He doesn't have to leave, but should be a backup IMO

Kenny Britt, WR don't understand why they brought him back, please find a REAL #1 WR that doesn't disappear for such long stretches

Brian Quick, WR again, another overdrafted WR that has underperformed almost exclusively. As soon as he teased some production last year, season ending injury. Would rather see Spruce or McRoberts get his minutes at this point.

Roger Saffold, G/T if healthy, he's fine (if overpaid). However, he's rarely healthy. As long as last year's draft picks on the o-line continue to develop, he should be gone before next season.

Coty Sensabaugh, CB I know he just got here, but I'd really like to see Gaines beat him out and send him packing, but the Rams have lost some of their DB depth. He likely would have to hang on as a backup.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are not 5 starters on the Eagles I would want to see released. Benched, maybe. Released? What a dumb thread.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence Timmons... Only guy that I would consider expendible because his position has been devalued over the last few years, and he is counting around $15mil against the cap this season. Nothing against the guy at all, he has certainly earned his contract for the 9 years that he's been here. Hence why the Steelers are honoring it. But due to the league's shift to pass-happy offenses, the position is being devalued for big nickel packages where they substitute another safety into the secondary. Not to mention his level of play has dropped off. Hard to justify his paycheck to his snap count & production. But like I said, he's earned it and the Steelers are honoring it. Many of us Stiller fans believe this to be his swan song season.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to drop 5 starters, your team is shit or the Cleveland Browns.