• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 LBs in past 15 seasons?

Best 5 LBs since 2000-01 season?

• Total voters

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his 2012 18 sack season wasn't eye popper enough for you?

Maybe cause we took their lunch in the Mile High Burn playoffs and sent him home to the couch !!
That should show you that he still needed other play makers around him to win big games like they lost this yr.
I knew you would run to wipe his butt as soon as I wrote the post...
You still don't know the difference between good and great....:gaah:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks and Lewis are in their own category.

Willis would've been in that same category if not for injury/retirement. Everyone else is in a separate league. Von needs a couple more seasons before I'll put him in that category.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe cause we took their lunch in the Mile High Burn playoffs and sent him home to the couch !!
That should show you that he still needed other play makers around him to win big games like they lost this yr.
I knew you would run to wipe his butt as soon as I wrote the post...
You still don't know the difference between good and great....:gaah:
Hmm I guess top 3 all-time in sacks his first two years combined. Rated as the top OLB almost every year in the league. Voted All-Pro. But yeah he is only good.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm I guess top 3 all-time in sacks his first two years combined. Rated as the top OLB almost every year in the league. Voted All-Pro. But yeah he is only good.

Well he's legend in your undeveloped homer mind but then, so was Brock, Sanchez, and heck, any qb for that matter, because you got the greatest Lb of all time and forever more, who can win a whole season without any help because, cd said it has to be or else he has no other reason to live....It just has to be I tell ya, it just has to be..... good is not great, learn the difference for God's sake, man...You sound more like a giddy school girl everytime you talk about your team....:rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's legend in your undeveloped homer mind but then, so was Brock, Sanchez, and heck, any qb for that matter, because you got the greatest Lb of all time and forever more, who can win a whole season without any help because, cd said it has to be or else he has no other reason to live....It just has to be I tell ya, it just has to be..... good is not great, learn the difference for God's sake, man...You sound more like a giddy school girl everytime you talk about your team....:rolleyes2:
Oh goodness. Way to exaggerate what I just said. Never once have I said Sanchez, Osweiler or any QB for the Broncos other than Manning has been elite. Miller though has been an elite player most of his NFL career. I

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh goodness. Way to exaggerate what I just said. Never once have I said Sanchez, Osweiler or any QB for the Broncos other than Manning has been elite. Miller though has been an elite player most of his NFL career. I

I'm sure....When are they putting his statue in the middle of the field and requiring that everyone bow and worship it before they can pass ????.....:rolleyes2::tsk::crazy:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Top 5:
1)Ray Lewis
2) P. Willis
3)Ware
4)Seau
5)Urlacher

Tough to leave Harrison and Brooks out.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Brooks, Lewis, Urlacher, Seau, and Miller.
Brooks, Urlacher, Seau, Lewis, and Willis (no order)
In no order...

Briggs
Brooks
Lewis
Seau
Urlacher

some explanations...
Willis didn't play long enough

Miller was busted for roids....taints it to me a little, plus he hasn't played long enough
Lewis, Urlacher, Brooks, Seau, Harrison
My Top 5:
1)Ray Lewis
2) P. Willis
3)Ware
4)Seau
5)Urlacher

Tough to leave Harrison and Brooks out.

I'm curious about the Seau love. If it was best LBs of the 90s, I would get it. He may even be #1. But in the early 2000s, he was a role player, and in the mid-late 2000s, he barely saw the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious about the Seau love. If it was best LBs of the 90s, I would get it. He may even be #1. But in the early 2000s, he was a role player, and in the mid-late 2000s, he barely saw the field.
True I guess I was looking at him as a whole. If not then you are right he would be off my list if we ar talking about 2000's.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you look at it. Seau is one of the best LBs in NFL history that has played since 00/01. He is not based on his play since 00/01. OP does not specify the criteria.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure....When are they putting his statue in the middle of the field and requiring that everyone bow and worship it before they can pass ????.....:rolleyes2::tsk::crazy:

There you go again with that exaggeration problem. I never said that Miller had earned some statue yet. I said to start off his career he is on pace with many HOF player that played his same position. So to me calling him just good would be calling all those players only good as well. I mean not like most of them were just average to start off with then all of a sudden just exploded onto the scene half way through their career. Miller while having a "Great" start to his career still needs to dominate through this next contract to get into that discussion of being HOF worthy and even beyond that statue worthy would be another probably 8 years of dominance and the team having great success during that stretch.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again with that exaggeration problem. I never said that Miller had earned some statue yet. I said to start off his career he is on pace with many HOF player that played his same position. So to me calling him just good would be calling all those players only good as well. I mean not like most of them were just average to start off with then all of a sudden just exploded onto the scene half way through their career. Miller while having a "Great" start to his career still needs to dominate through this next contract to get into that discussion of being HOF worthy and even beyond that statue worthy would be another probably 8 years of dominance and the team having great success during that stretch.

Man, you're so homer smitten, you don't even recognize sarcasm, that's bad, but then to actually consider the statue is just downright retarded.....You're a sick puppy, with an out of control imagination...
And save your stat argument, we've been down that misleading road before....:doh:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you're so homer smitten, you don't even recognize sarcasm, that's bad, but then to actually consider the statue is just downright retarded.....You're a sick puppy, with an out of control imagination...
And save your stat argument, we've been down that misleading road before....:doh:

You are the one that brought up the statue idea. I said he has to have elite production with huge team success over a long period of time before a statue would ever be considered. How is that different than any other player in the NFL right now? I said he has had a good start to his career putting up very good numbers plus huge team success for the start of his career. Man you just read into posts whatever you want.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, either way, he hasn't done it for long enough IMHumbleO

Its highly unlikely, but if Miller gets lazy this offseason, gets hurt because he was dancing with the stars instead of working out, gets busted for steroids trying to come back to fast, gets hurt again, gets traded, gets arrested, gets hurt again, and fades away......... he's Shawne Merriman.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that brought up the statue idea. I said he has to have elite production with huge team success over a long period of time before a statue would ever be considered. How is that different than any other player in the NFL right now? I said he has had a good start to his career putting up very good numbers plus huge team success for the start of his career. Man you just read into posts whatever you want.

LISTEN BONEHEAD !!!!!....The statue remark was a ridiculous out of the question sarcastic statement....
But you are sooooooo retarded you actually considered it.....
I used to think you were intelligent but turns out, you are just another giddy fan that talks out his gluteus maximus .....Cick your heels Dorothy, you're not in the Land of Oz anymore !!!!:doh::doh::gaah:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Ray Ray. The unquestioned top dog of the era. They played different LB positions, but he's right there with Jack Ham as the best LBs I've seen play.

2) Demarcus Ware. Surprised to only have seen his name a couple times. He's older and has had injury concerns in the latter part of his career, but when healthy. hH's still right there as a pass rushing force.

The rest.........and you can interchange their rankings.

3) London Fletcher. Call it a homer pick, but he was one of the most unheralded, but should of been heralded players of the first decade of the 2000s. Dude could play the run, pass, could blitz, read offenses as good as any LB. Played 16 years never missing a game and upon becoming a starter in his 2nd season. Wold start 238 of the 240 games he would play in from that point. And his play never fell off till his very last season with the Redskins.

4) Brian Urlacher. For those fans who engaged in this particular pissing match, Urlacher vs Arrington. Whenever a Bears fan who did says. "Urlacher or Arrington?", to a Redskins fan who did. Just say 'Uncle.' and go about your business Redskins fan. Dude can do it all and lost out on some stats no doubt playing that deep middle in the Bears pass defense. My only gripe with Urlacher and its not even with Urlacher himself is this. I've never heard a defensive player's name called more for being the 2nd or 3rd player in on a tackle. Or just a player in the vicinity of a tackle than Urlacher's name. If tackles were kept by calling a player's name Urlacher's tackle count might be uncountable it'd be so high.

5) Karlos Dansby. His career reminds me of Fletcher's career. He can do everything, but for whatever reason just never got the props he deserves.

HM. Navarro Bowman. Good call on Bowman by Sonny. From a talent/production standpoint. He doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone. Just didn't have enough time in for for me.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Why would you have Willis on the list and not Kuechly?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LISTEN BONEHEAD !!!!!....The statue remark was a ridiculous out of the question sarcastic statement....
But you are sooooooo retarded you actually considered it.....
I used to think you were intelligent but turns out, you are just another giddy fan that talks out his gluteus maximus .....Cick your heels Dorothy, you're not in the Land of Oz anymore !!!!:doh::doh::gaah:

This is not why I come to this board. The whole name calling thing just seems pretty childish. I was stating a fact and you took it like I had put some incredible thought into this whole statue thing. No it is what it would take for any player not just Von Miller. Pretty easy stuff that requires very little thought. Anyway like I said not really into the name calling thing and that seems to be all you do lately. Let me know when you want to talk football again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with NOT Julian Petersen...