• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 32 PFF O-lines for 2017

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF is stupid. Eagles OLINE isn't top 7. Dallas has 3 first team all pros. Dallas has a better LT, much better RG and waaaaaay better C.
The Eagles have the worst Center according to PFF but the best OLINE, hmmmm...
how did i know you would tie this to a center argument

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF has people who have not played a down of football rating professional football players. Go figure.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that the SB teams are all ranked below 15

Seattle 32
Broncos 25
Pats 19

Russell Wilson
Peyton Manning (even in that awful season his sack rate was very low)
Tom Brady

It makes some sense in that regard. More evidence for the value of a QB bringing up what often is a season wrecker for most teams.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that the SB teams are all ranked below 15

Seattle 32
Broncos 25
Pats 19

What little Seattle spends on the o-line makes up for it in other areas. It would be nice if they could hit in the draft on o-line, but oh well we'll have to see how much better they'll be with a full year under their belt.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised at the Panthers standing in the top half. The interior is strong, with Khalil #1 at C, Trai Turner and Norwell at guard. But Kahlil #2 at LT and who knows at RT? Is Oher coming back? Remmers just got traded and the edge is a dicey proposition at this point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#19 :eek: this is total bs.
I've read on the hoop from all the hooplian experts that TB12's success is contributed to his great Oline. Well that and the system. Right guys?

How Oak or Dallas isn't number 1 is crazy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Bengals used to have such a good line.... crazy how fast that changed.

And Tampa Bay Buds LOL. As much as that team smoked weed in the past it'd be a fitting change.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't think the Eagles are #1, they do have a lot of depth at the position now. Dallas has some elite, top-tier talent at LT, RG and C, but their overall depth is a little shaky and that is why they are not #1 now. Perhaps if La'El Collins shows he can play RT they will be #1 by the time the actual season starts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are about where I expected them to be. They have a chance to climb quickly if the young guys show up well but otherwise it is still probably the weakest unit on the team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are about where I expected them to be. They have a chance to climb quickly if the young guys show up well but otherwise it is still probably the weakest unit on the team.
Hey, preconceived excuses not allowed here on the hoop, :lol:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may as well jump in since I am OP.

Looks about right just based off of last season. A decent, but unspectacular LT who has been inclining. A big question mark at LG with Ehinger's health; but we pretty much know Fulton will be an oversized phonebooth at LG. Center through RT between Morse, Tardif, and Schwartz holds a great deal of promise on paper. If Tardif comes out firing like he did in the 2nd half of the season, the pass-pro on the right side of the line could end up being very good. Outside of LG, my big question is where did the run-blocking go in 2016? This was a unit that had gotten good marks in runblocking the previous couple of years even if they were brutal in pass pro. Seems a bit odd it disappeared.

There's a pretty good ceiling this unit has imo, not reached yet, but with not a ton of external talent coming in this will be one of the units the Chiefs probably need to keep inclining to keep up the 11+ wins they'd need to be safe when it comes to the playoffs. If, big if, things do incline for this unit, this could be one of the better ones in the NFL. Don't want to get too excited however just because there also are many ways this can go wrong; most notably injuries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks about right just based off of last season. A decent, but unspectacular LT who has been inclining. A big question mark at LG with Ehinger's health; but we pretty much know Fulton will be an oversized phonebooth at LG. Center through RT between Morse, Tardif, and Schwartz holds a great deal of promise on paper. If Tardif comes out firing like he did in the 2nd half of the season, the pass-pro on the right side of the line could end up being very good. Outside of LG, my big question is where did the run-blocking go in 2016? This was a unit that had gotten good marks in runblocking the previous couple of years even if they were brutal in pass pro. Seems a bit odd it disappeared.

There's a pretty good ceiling this unit has imo, not reached yet, but with not a ton of external talent coming in this will be one of the units the Chiefs probably need to keep inclining to keep up the 11+ wins they'd need to be safe when it comes to the playoffs. If, big if, things do incline for this unit, this could be one of the better ones in the NFL. Don't want to get too excited however just because there also are many ways this can go wrong; most notably injuries.

I would say the other thing for all AFC West OL's is just the competition they have to face every year. It is crazy that maybe 4 of the top-5 pass rush units in the NFL could all be in one division.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My .02 is that they've been good at pass blocking up the middle and good at run blocking on the edge. Basically the opposite of what you'd hope for with the running backs they have. The run game faded last year and part of that was Ehinger going down and Fulton not being good and part of that was West not being very good and Ware not being dominant.

Both Fisher at LT and Smith at QB had some errors that both made the other look bad at times. They are definitely going to need a playmaker or two to step up now that Maclin is gone or else they are going to have to lean on their defense to create turnovers like last year and usually thats not sustainable.