• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 32 PFF O-lines for 2017

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Elliott & Prescott aren't all about their oline
Beat me too it!!!

No credit for having a good line unless it is to take away credit from the two kids I guess...
i guess the "Wentz would be better than Dak if" arguments go away now too...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't think the Eagles are #1, they do have a lot of depth at the position now. Dallas has some elite, top-tier talent at LT, RG and C, but their overall depth is a little shaky and that is why they are not #1 now. Perhaps if La'El Collins shows he can play RT they will be #1 by the time the actual season starts.
I'd be very surprised if Collins was not better than Free was last year. I think that is a big upgrade for Dallas this year. Free was not very good in 2016. LG on the other hand...let's see what happens...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent click-bait, ya think?

Yep... when I watch Dallas I don't even pay attention to line play and sit back and say, Damn... look at that hole they opened up. I don't remember thinking that once with Philly. Philly is borderline top 10. The only elite one is Lane Johnson. Peters is only good at 35 and far from great. Kelce is abysmal the LG might lose his position.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very surprised if Collins was not better than Free was last year. I think that is a big upgrade for Dallas this year. Free was not very good in 2016. LG on the other hand...let's see what happens...

To discredit them completely is ridiculous but Dallas has the best line BY FAR and, to me, not even close. I think Dallas is flirting with being one of the greatest OLINES ever. Wentz played waaaaaay better when Lane Johnson was in the line up but to compare the lines is ridiculous. Maybe Philly has better reserves but 60% of Dallas OLine was 1st team all pro. Philly had ZERO. PFF is stupid. Matt Asiata is probably better then Leveon Bell according to them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me too it!!!

No credit for having a good line unless it is to take away credit from the two kids I guess...
i guess the "Wentz would be better than Dak if" arguments go away now too...
we Cowboy fans know this story all too well. It's the oline, take that away and the rb & QB are a dine a dozen.
ask emmitt and aikman.

haters will hate and it remains football clueless as the day is long

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we Cowboy fans know this story all too well. It's the oline, take that away and the rb & QB are a dine a dozen.
ask emmitt and aikman.

haters will hate and it remains football clueless as the day is long

I don't think anyone ever said that. I think it was more along the lines of Barry Sanders is the greatest ever because Emmitt had a great line. No one ever said that Emmitt wasn't great.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Free and Leary leaving makes the top a much more open ended question. The Raiders are probably the best in the league at purely pass-pro going into 2017 on paper.

La'el Collins was very solid till he got hurt last year.

And although Cooper didn't do much in Arizona or NE, playing with the guys on Dallas might rub off and and make him what he was hoped to be when he was drafted.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'el Collins was very solid till he got hurt last year.

And although Cooper didn't do much in Arizona or NE, playing with the guys on Dallas might rub off and and make him what he was hoped to be when he was drafted.

Lots of teams have now said that Cooper could become something for them. At some point you just have to say the kid is a bust. Collins coming in for Free I do agree should help negate that loss some and could honestly be an improvement. It will be that LG spot though that a lot of questions could arise and make things difficult.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams have now said that Cooper could become something for them. At some point you just have to say the kid is a bust. Collins coming in for Free I do agree should help negate that loss some and could honestly be an improvement. It will be that LG spot though that a lot of questions could arise and make things difficult.

Not arguing, just that sometimes a guy gets surrounded by prime beef and raises his level of play.

He has not had linemates like he has in Dallas in Arizona, New England or Cleveland.

We shall see. I don't expect him to suddenly walk on water. I never thought Free or Leary were all that and then some either.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose 2 pro bowl players in 2 years and still be top 10 is all good with me

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissect the middling justifications for X ranking as you will.

Ranking all 32 O-Lines heading into the 2017 season | PFF

The Rankings:

1. Eagles
2. Browns
3. Steelers
4. Titans
5. Bears
6. Falcons
7. Raiders
8. Packers
9. Cowboys
10. Bills
11. Washington
12. Panthers
13. Jaguars
14. Vikings
15. Chiefs
16. Saints
17. Cardinals
18. Rams
19. Pats
20. Jets
21. Chargers
22. Colts
23. Ravens
24. Lions
25. Broncos
26. Dolphins
27. 49ers
28. Giants
29. Texans
30. Buds
31. Bengals
32. Seahawks
pats at 19th?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF pretty much admits it's a stupid ranking because they're too rigid with their methodology which has been a critique of mine for them forever it seems like.
if the pats were 19th tom brady may be dead

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he's got about a 1/3 shot to start. I'm rooting for the guy and hope he takes the job and runs with it. But I don't expect much and I really don't think I've read any Cowboy fan here or elsewhere expect much. I know the track record with Cooper, but I also trust this team's scouts lately. It wouldn't be impossible for him to become a player and he hasn't yet gotten to the point where the book is written on him.:hope:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he's got about a 1/3 shot to start. I'm rooting for the guy and hope he takes the job and runs with it. But I don't expect much and I really don't think I've read any Cowboy fan here or elsewhere expect much. I know the track record with Cooper, but I also trust this team's scouts lately. It wouldn't be impossible for him to become a player and he hasn't yet gotten to the point where the book is written on him.:hope:

Maybe he will prove me wrong. I've seen him though in one-on-one situations and he is down right terrible. Maybe the Cowboys can show him the way but I'm just not holding my breath that he will all of a sudden be the answer for the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he will prove me wrong. I've seen him though in one-on-one situations and he is down right terrible. Maybe the Cowboys can show him the way but I'm just not holding my breath that he will all of a sudden be the answer for the Cowboys.
While looks likely he will, there is not even a guarantee that he makes the final 53 at this point. So, like I said, I don't think anyone expects much right now. But for every player that is "done", another proves everyone wrong...