• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 14 NHL Goaltenders (NHL.COM)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee he happened to have one of the best teams ever assembled in front of him & they could only score 1 goal against Team USA. A team that because of the idiots who put it together didn't even have all their best players. I still think Quick is the better goalie. His record in Game 7's speaks for itself.

So you are partially judging a goalie by how much his team scores yet you largely discount offense provided by a defenseman?

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that in some ways Olympic Gold is harder to win than a Stanley Cup - It only comes around once every four years and once you get to the eliimination round, you are one and done (i.e. a bad game/bad bounce does you in, unlike a best-of-7 series).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are partially judging a goalie by how much his team scores yet you largely discount offense provided by a defenseman?

tumblr_mojquvAnJe1qjejgbo1_400.gif

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider at 6? Needs MORE wins for me

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that in some ways Olympic Gold is harder to win than a Stanley Cup - It only comes around once every four years and once you get to the eliimination round, you are one and done (i.e. a bad game/bad bounce does you in, unlike a best-of-7 series).

With the players Canada has to choose from they could probably put three teams together & win all three medals.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the players Canada has to choose from they could probably put three teams together & win all three medals.

As many times as I've seen this posted throughout the years, it is always tough to win gold (came away without a medal in '98 and '06 with our supposed best team). A great save by Luongo in OT in 2010 prior to the Crosby golden goal could have us looking at things very differently.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, the fancy stats don't look too great for Jonathan Quick...

Analytic Punching Bags: Players whose perceived value exceeds actual value.

1. D Jack Johnson, CBJ: Columbus significantly better team with JJ off the ice since assuming top-four role.

2. D Andrew MacDonald, Phi: A magnet for consistently negative shot and goal differentials.

3. G Jonathan Quick, LA: Cup- and Conn Smythe-winning goalie just 14th in EVSV% last 3 years.

4. F Tyler Bozak, Tor: A passenger who has earned first-line role as by-product of Kessel's success.

5. G Marc-Andre Fleury, Pit: EVSV% last 3 years sits behind Neuvirth, Garon, Budaj & Bryzgaolov.

6. D. Brooks Orpik, Was: Defensive defenseman ineffective at deterring scoring chances or zone time against.

7. F Ryan Callahan, NYR: Decent, hard-working second-line winger paid to contribute like a top-tier goal-scorer.

8. F Milan Lucic, Bos: Negative possession player in Bruins even-strength machine.

9. F Chris Stewart, Buf: Weak 5-on-5 player whose only discernible value is raw shooting talent.

10. F David Bolland, Fla: A third or fourth line center being paid to log first or second line minutes.

Yost: Poster boys and punching bags of analytics - Article - TSN

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As many times as I've seen this posted throughout the years, it is always tough to win gold (came away without a medal in '98 and '06 with our supposed best team). A great save by Luongo in OT in 2010 prior to the Crosby golden goal could have us looking at things very differently.

God damn Bryan McCabe ended up on that fucking team. That squad was fucking doomed that very second.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, the fancy stats don't look too great for Jonathan Quick...

Analytic Punching Bags: Players whose perceived value exceeds actual value.

1. D Jack Johnson, CBJ: Columbus significantly better team with JJ off the ice since assuming top-four role.

2. D Andrew MacDonald, Phi: A magnet for consistently negative shot and goal differentials.

3. G Jonathan Quick, LA: Cup- and Conn Smythe-winning goalie just 14th in EVSV% last 3 years.

4. F Tyler Bozak, Tor: A passenger who has earned first-line role as by-product of Kessel's success.

5. G Marc-Andre Fleury, Pit: EVSV% last 3 years sits behind Neuvirth, Garon, Budaj & Bryzgaolov.

6. D. Brooks Orpik, Was: Defensive defenseman ineffective at deterring scoring chances or zone time against.

7. F Ryan Callahan, NYR: Decent, hard-working second-line winger paid to contribute like a top-tier goal-scorer.

8. F Milan Lucic, Bos: Negative possession player in Bruins even-strength machine.

9. F Chris Stewart, Buf: Weak 5-on-5 player whose only discernible value is raw shooting talent.

10. F David Bolland, Fla: A third or fourth line center being paid to log first or second line minutes.

Yost: Poster boys and punching bags of analytics - Article - TSN

This is like an aggregation of every sports discussion board conversation about each of these players in the past 3 years. I mean, what person with half a brain's perceived value of MacDonald or Bozak was higher than it actually is? It might be lower, even...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like an aggregation of every sports discussion board conversation about each of these players in the past 3 years. I mean, what person with half a brain's perceived value of MacDonald or Bozak was higher than it actually is? It might be lower, even...

Quite true, however now we have statistical analysis to back up the anecdotal evidence.

/Also, puckhead will be quite happy to see that there is additional information confirming that Jack Johnson sucks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite true, however now we have statistical analysis to back up the anecdotal evidence.

/Also, puckhead will be quite happy to see that there is additional information confirming that Jack Johnson sucks.

In addition to being a bad hockey player, he's also a shitty musician.