• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 100 2014-15 NCAA ballers:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Ashley in the 80's is a joke. Last year before his injury he was a borderline 1st rounder, now he goes undrafted? Haaaa.

DX usually sucks up until they steal info from Ford/Woj and makes a mock draft 5 mins before the actual draft then brag about how many picks they got right.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a list of "top prospects," not top NCAA players. Several of these players aren't even in college, and some of the best college players are significantly underranked based on lack of pro potential. For example, I think the general consensus is Frank the Tank is a top 5 player (if not #1) and he is #24 on this list. Or to go to another team, Tyler Ulis is expected to be one of Kentucky's top players, but he isn't even listed because his height (5'8) means he likely won't go pro anytime soon.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Ashley in the 80's is a joke. Last year before his injury he was a borderline 1st rounder, now he goes undrafted? Haaaa.

DX usually sucks up until they steal info from Ford/Woj and makes a mock draft 5 mins before the actual draft then brag about how many picks they got right.

I take all these rankings with a grain of salt...still have Ashley going late 2nd round, in their 2015 mock draft.

One of the better sites however for video scouting reports, player profiles, etc...

Ashley going undrafted over here:

2015 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take all these rankings with a grain of salt...still have Ashley going late 2nd round, in their 2015 mock draft.

One of the better sites however for video scouting reports, player profiles, etc...

Ashley going undrafted over here:

2015 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Most sites copy DX or ESPN so I don't really take them seriously up until about a week before the actual draft. No one ever predicts the second round even remotely close. As long as he stays healthy I'd put money on him going in the late 1st to early 2nd round.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a list of "top prospects," not top NCAA players. Several of these players aren't even in college, and some of the best college players are significantly underranked based on lack of pro potential. For example, I think the general consensus is Frank the Tank is a top 5 player (if not #1) and he is #24 on this list. Or to go to another team, Tyler Ulis is expected to be one of Kentucky's top players, but he isn't even listed because his height (5'8) means he likely won't go pro anytime soon.

I was too quick to throw the NCAA label out. Truth be told the top prospects list is loaded with international players and freshmen.

As far as Kaminsky is concerned, I wouldn't put him in the top 5 players in college ball, let alone #1. Top 10 maybe. While versatile, he's not even the most dominant player underneath.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too quick to throw the NCAA label out. Truth be told the top prospects list is loaded with international players and freshmen.

As far as Kaminsky is concerned, I wouldn't put him in the top 5 players in college ball, let alone #1. Top 10 maybe. While versatile, he's not even the most dominant player underneath.

nah...you did good. :suds:

two undeniables here:

(1.) It's silly to think there's no/little connection between pro prospects rankings and collegiate players' (appearing on those rankings) expected contributions to the success of their teams.

(2.) It's equally silly to rank collegiate teams' expected success predominantly upon the number of pro prospects they have on their rosters - while ignoring/underplaying the contributions of players not appearing on pro prospects rankings.

I offer, as an example: MSU's Brandon Dawson...occasionally brilliant & dominating, oft-injured, motivationally erratic and generally disappointing for three years...doesn't appear on the pro prospects lists. he will be as of 18NOV14 - after leading an historic beat down (upset) over Dook in the Champion's Classic. mebbe.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

two undeniables here:

(1.) It's silly to think there's no/little connection between pro prospects rankings and collegiate players' (appearing on those rankings) expected contributions to the success of their teams.

(2.) It's equally silly to rank collegiate teams' expected success predominantly upon the number of pro prospects they have on their rosters - while ignoring/underplaying the contributions of players not appearing on pro prospects rankings.

I offer, as an example: MSU's Brandon Dawson...occasionally brilliant & dominating, oft-injured, motivationally erratic and generally disappointing for three years...doesn't appear on the pro prospects lists. he will be as of 18NOV14 - after leading an historic beat down (upset) over Dook in the Champion's Classic. mebbe.

Agreed. There is a significant amount of correlation between the two (enough not be ignored or simply disregarded). A lot is based on potential (both in college and the NBA) understood, as these freshmen have yet to log a single minute of time on the hardwood, in regular collegiate play. But freshmen often do have a large impact and develop quickly at this level. ...And it certainly wouldn't be fun without some speculation and debate, haha.

I don't always pull for Sparty but when I do it's generally against the Dookies. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

two undeniables here:

haha h2s i've missed your MSU homerism during this long offseason. have no fear, we are almost there college bball fans! then we won't have to pretend to care about college football any longer! wait, i'm not in the majority on that one? who fucking cares, it's almost BASKETBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps if MSU beats DOOK in the champions classic i'm going to beat off everywhere, on everything, and on everyone

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, i dunno, cfb has its share of exciting upsets...

while I woulda liked to see duckies run the table...it was pure deliciosity seeing RR repeat.

haha h2s i've missed your MSU homerism during this long offseason. have no fear, we are almost there college bball fans! then we won't have to pretend to care about college football any longer! wait, i'm not in the majority on that one? who fucking cares, it's almost BASKETBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps if MSU beats DOOK in the champions classic i'm going to beat off everywhere, on everything, and on everyone

you...and me...and erbody, brah.
slippn and slidn!