• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 teams' Opponent records

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, their win is better than USC's best win. USC has more better wins, and a better loss, which why as a whole USC has a better resume IMO. I'm just looking at all the data points. Has nothing to do with who I personally think is better. USC has just played a tougher schedule and like OU has just the one loss.
To be fair, looking at the efficiency rankings that you love, Iowa State is better than USC:

upload_2017-10-17_18-12-55.png

If that's the case, it turns things around quite a bit. For reference, Washington St. is at 29th.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, looking at the efficiency rankings that you love, Iowa State is better than USC:

View attachment 167992

If that's the case, it turns things around quite a bit. For reference, Washington St. is at 29th.

USC and Wazzu haven't played as good as their record indicates, which is why they aren't rated as highly in terms of efficiency. Wazzu losing by 30+ will do that, and USC has generally played down to competition. Efficiency just measures how good a team has played, If both ND and USC play how they've performed thus far ND will win this weekend, but USC still has a better resume thus far than ND does.

If Iowa State played either USC/Wazzu on a neutral it wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa State win.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC and Wazzu haven't played as good as their record indicates, which is why they aren't rated as highly in terms of efficiency. Wazzu losing by 30+ will do that, and USC has generally played down to competition. Efficiency just measures how good a team has played, If both ND and USC play how they've performed thus far ND will win this weekend, but USC still has a better resume thus far than ND does.

If Iowa State played either USC/Wazzu on a neutral it wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa State win.
Fair enough. I don't see how USC wins the game this weekend, FWIW. ND is a matchup nightmare for them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25-15 you say? That's all I needed to know. We should be #1. And Syracuse is getting fucking in the rankings. They're the best 3 loss team out there. They should be top 10 for sure.

Cotdamn! All these stats or metrics, as some of you fellas call them, are making my fucking head hurt.

I need a new team with less pressure. @Used 2 B Hu any room left on that Baylor train?
You can join any of the ones I've listed. I'd have listed more but ran out of room. I'm thinking about kicking Rutgers out of the club since they beat Illinois.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real SoS rankings for games played thus far. These will change over the season, as it only counts the games played. So big games at the end of the season will give some movement. Unless you are Wisconsin, you're pretty much not going anywhere.

BCF Toys - 2017 SOS Ratings

#1 Texas
#6 Notre Dame
#7 Oklahoma
#12 Florida St
#29 Ohio St
#42 Penn St
#49 Georgia
#74 Washington
#75 Alabama
#82 Wisconsin

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real SoS rankings for games played thus far. These will change over the season, as it only counts the games played. So big games at the end of the season will give some movement. Unless you are Wisconsin, you're pretty much not going anywhere.

#1 Texas
#6 Notre Dame
#7 Oklahoma
#12 Florida St
#29 Ohio St
#42 Penn St
#49 Georgia
#74 Washington
#75 Alabama
#82 Wisconsin

Wisconsin #51 SOS remaining.., Penn St at #52. with the murderers row of Michigan, Ohio St and Michigan state

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin #51 SOS remaining.., Penn St at #52. with the murderers row of Michigan, Ohio St and Michigan state

Where do you see that?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1 Texas
#6 Notre Dame
#7 Oklahoma
#12 Florida St
#29 Ohio St
#42 Penn St
#49 Georgia
#74 Washington
#75 Alabama
#82 Wisconsin
That's some interesting info right there. And like Desi said, I need you to "Splain that Lucy" to me.

Public perception was Clemson had played the best schedule and therefore had "the best wins"...at least going into last weekend with Va Tech, Aubie and Louisville. Yet they are down at #51.

And 7 of the top 10 right now are Big 12 schools....and K-State is at #11, Ok State at #16 and TCU at #20...so every member is in the top 20. Why is that? Their schedules don't look much different than usual. What am I missing?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some interesting info right there. And like Desi said, I need you to "Splain that Lucy" to me.

Public perception was Clemson had played the best schedule and therefore had "the best wins"...at least going into last weekend with Va Tech, Aubie and Louisville. Yet they are down at #51.

And 7 of the top 10 right now are Big 12 schools....and K-State is at #11, Ok State at #16 and TCU at #20...so every member is in the top 20. Why is that? Their schedules don't look much different than usual. What am I missing?

I was a bit surprised about the results as well, but these are the stats I pay attention too and they are what they are.

The strength of the teams is based on FEI:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | FEI COLLEGE FOOTBALL RATINGS 2017

These are a week old, waiting for them to update. The SoS is using the new ratings but I can't find the update for overall.

In the case of Clemson, it's not so big on those teams. And those teams have lost luster in human polls as well over the past few weeks. Louisville is no longer top25 - in FEI they are #32 - and they lost again last weekend. Same thing with Auburn, down at 19 - and they also lost again last weekend. VT is also way down there at #28.

Texas on the other hand has played USC(#11) and Oklahoma(#5).

TCU has played Oklahoma ST(#13).

Maryland has played Ohio St(#6).

Oklahoma played Ohio St.

KState has TCU(#2)

etc.

Where most SoS use averages, I like this one because it rewards more for playing actual tough teams. The Big12 is seen representing with 3 teams right now, Oklahoma, TCU and OKSt.

It'll change over the next weeks as tougher games get played.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it rewards more for playing actual tough teams."

Just win, baby