• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony The Tigers @ White Sox

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question is will Eloy spark this team - making playing baseball fun again and remind everyone how to hit occasional HRs?

I was impressed with Eloy's return with a HR - a double - 3 RBIs and a very nice play on a ball in the LF foul territory.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could possibly have been the worst at bat of Jose Abreu’s career…

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude…This game sucked.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've seen Jose Abreu look so old as he did after he got picked off base and tagged by the catcher between 1st and 2nd base. Abreu followed that up with a really awful at bat KO.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have that manager Hahn wanted to hire.
I have zero doubt Hinch would be a superior manager to TLR, but much of our disappointing season still lies primarily on the players themselves. And as good a manager as Hinch may be, his Tiggies still possess the 3rd worst record in the AL. Of course the sad part is we're closer in the standings to them than we are the Twins. THAT's pathetic.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero doubt Hinch would be a superior manager to TLR, but much of our disappointing season still lies primarily on the players themselves. And as good a manager as Hinch may be, his Tiggies still possess the 3rd worst record in the AL. Of course the sad part is we're closer in the standings to them than we are the Twins. THAT's pathetic.
You can't fire the players, but you can play them in a system where they can't get their rhythm.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team can’t go 2 games without doing something extremely dumb
Don't knock our AA-star because he had a brain fart at 2nd. It remined me of Abreu setting up shop between 1st and 2nd yesterday.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't knock our AA-star because he had a brain fart at 2nd. It remined me of Abreu setting up shop between 1st and 2nd yesterday.
It’s almost like every time they do it they fall apart the rest of the gm too

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no joy in Mudville tonight. Nice metaphor for the season though - an almost comeback - about 5 feet short of a walk off Homer.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for it.
we all over-estimated this team from before day 1. STARTERS - giolito over-rated. he's no #1 starter. maybe a #3. lynn is his own worst enemy. not a #1 either. these guys are a little better than average now. the kids (cease and kopech) may develop into really good starters ... but not yet. PEN - couldn't be more undependable and average at their best. around the diamond - 1B - abreu isn't the same and there's no turning back the clock. he'll still have his moments but that's all. 2B is below average. 3B is below average ... crap for a hitter. one of the worst hitters in the league. best year is behind him and he'll not get better. good fielding doesn't win ballgames. SS is average (maybe) with the glove. good hitter. LF - too early to tell with eloy. may develop and may not. CF - robert is a slow learner and may always be. good bat when he isn't stupid at the plate. RF - engle is only a backup and sheets can't hit major league pitching. DH - vaughn will be a potent bat soon.
throw in an inability to stay healthy and there's no good backup to cover. then there's the worst manager in the game. also the worst owner. meaning with this arrangement don't look for a good white sox team until all that changes. apparently JR will have to simply drop dead before there's a chance something good will happen and who knows when that will be? this team will be lucky to reach .500 this year. too much rot and it will manifest itself in the clubhouse if it hasn't already. i've watched the sox for 70 years and this year has the distinction of being the biggest disappointment of them all. i first felt this possibility when they brought TLR onboard. before the year is over some of these guys we counted on will be gone .... but it won't much matter because the system is the problem, not the players, and they are too damned stupid to know it! i wasted good money to be able to watch this team play this year. i won't make that mistake again.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday’s game was really a gut punch. I wanted to destroy property after that game. I didn’t even watch Saturday but just shook my head as the updates rolled in on my phone. Mucho disappoint.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all over-estimated this team from before day 1. STARTERS - giolito over-rated. he's no #1 starter. maybe a #3. lynn is his own worst enemy. not a #1 either. these guys are a little better than average now. the kids (cease and kopech) may develop into really good starters ... but not yet. PEN - couldn't be more undependable and average at their best. around the diamond - 1B - abreu isn't the same and there's no turning back the clock. he'll still have his moments but that's all. 2B is below average. 3B is below average ... crap for a hitter. one of the worst hitters in the league. best year is behind him and he'll not get better. good fielding doesn't win ballgames. SS is average (maybe) with the glove. good hitter. LF - too early to tell with eloy. may develop and may not. CF - robert is a slow learner and may always be. good bat when he isn't stupid at the plate. RF - engle is only a backup and sheets can't hit major league pitching. DH - vaughn will be a potent bat soon.
throw in an inability to stay healthy and there's no good backup to cover. then there's the worst manager in the game. also the worst owner. meaning with this arrangement don't look for a good white sox team until all that changes. apparently JR will have to simply drop dead before there's a chance something good will happen and who knows when that will be? this team will be lucky to reach .500 this year. too much rot and it will manifest itself in the clubhouse if it hasn't already. i've watched the sox for 70 years and this year has the distinction of being the biggest disappointment of them all. i first felt this possibility when they brought TLR onboard. before the year is over some of these guys we counted on will be gone .... but it won't much matter because the system is the problem, not the players, and they are too damned stupid to know it! i wasted good money to be able to watch this team play this year. i won't make that mistake again.
I’m with you. I haven’t watched the Sox as long as you have, but this is certainly the most disappointing season thus far and ‘frustrating’ would be a huge understatement. I find it hard to watch them play this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice outing by Johnny Cueto today. Approaching the trade deadline, he happens to be the most tradeable White Sox commodity since he has no contract next season and has big game experience. If the Sox trade him, it would likely mean the Sox would have put Rey Lopez back into the rotation.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice outing by Johnny Cueto today. Approaching the trade deadline, he happens to be the most tradeable White Sox commodity since he has no contract next season and has big game experience. If the Sox trade him, it would likely mean the Sox would have put Rey Lopez back into the rotation.
Sad that we're even discussing trading experience prior to the deadline. What a truly upside down season this has become.