• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart breaks leg in Sprint car crash

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major bummer. I hope he has a speedy recovery. I also hope this doesn't end his sprint car racing days. He's his own boss, but I wonder if sponsors will ban his participation.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart's nonchalant attitude towards racing these events is eventually going to catch up to him, and now its at a point where its costing him the ability to race this weekend

im reaction is this..........LOL..........what an idiot, honestly, IMO. Im sure his cup sponsors really are loving the fact he can't race now this weekend

Maybe once he starts losing sponsors, it will hit home.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that there was a line of available NASCAR-qualified drivers snaking all the way down the hospital hallway from the ER once the news broke, so it's a safe bet that we'll see the #14 at every race that Tony has to sit out.

As for the sponsor's reaction; I'm guessing that being a multi Sprint Cup champion who is still pretty much at the top of his game will carry a lot of weight with them. As long as this injury doesn't become the start of a pattern, he'll still be their guy.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off-the-charts stupid. A case of pure hubris. To put a NASCAR Sprint career at risk for a rinky dink dirt track race is about as stupid as a starting NFL quarterback playing tag football with a bunch of old college buddies. Sometimes a guy runs out of luck and gets what he deserves. If I was his sponsor I'd be plenty pissed off. Sponsors pay for exposure on TV and the announcers talking about a driver fucking up isn't the same thing as seeing him driving during a race, being interviewed before and after a race, seeing him burn donuts after a win, etc. Not even close.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of these guys run smaller tracks on their off weeks. It's nothing new and nothing out of the norm. These guys are race car drivers. Most of them eat, breathe, and live racing 24/7 regardless of the risk. I mean they understand that running a stock car at 190 mph every weekend could cost them their life one of these days, so I don't think money/sponsers/career losses are going to deter them. They just love to race.

But I will say karma's a bitch bro. He fucked up that girl a few weeks ago and it came back around on him this time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's wrecked in like the last 3 races he's done. He can race them all he wants but it might be time to address his attitude towards the races. The frequency of the wrecks sorta indicates to me he's pretty nonchalant in his approach and its biting him in the ass. It could be a fluke but 3 wrecks in 3 races is John Wes Townley-ish

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to fool around and piss-off a sponsor and then those dollars may just walk while he is healing up!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of these guys run smaller tracks on their off weeks. It's nothing new and nothing out of the norm. These guys are race car drivers. Most of them eat, breathe, and live racing 24/7 regardless of the risk. I mean they understand that running a stock car at 190 mph every weekend could cost them their life one of these days, so I don't think money/sponsers/career losses are going to deter them. They just love to race.

But I will say karma's a bitch bro. He fucked up that girl a few weeks ago and it came back around on him this time.

:agree:

I think he needs to figure out if he wants to be an owner or a driver. Right now he is enjoying success as an owner.... Danica aint much of a driver but she is making him tons of money!!! He just had the Trucks at his track and Nascar is looking into more... I think it maybe time for him to hand off the wheel to someone who is willing to make Sprint Cup thier life long goal, its obvious his goals and mind is else where!!!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont follow nascar that much, more drag racing and old hate I guess, but yeah, tony stewart the owner can go race sprint cars on tuesday nights, wednesday, do a demolition derby too if he wants, but driving that sprint car is irresponsible to the organization that depends on a paycheck for his big track racing. Its broken in two places, second surgery upcoming, so bye bye top 12, bye bye hopes for the title, just because he has to get his rush on a weeknight.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? :noidea:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I like Tony, I'm not dogging him, just saying ....

Hincheec

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of NASCAR, I hate to see Tony sitting this weekend, and maybe the rest of the season because of this. Tony wont be in the chase this year now, and I considered him the main candidate other than Kurt Busch to get the 10th spot in the chase, as I think Biffle is fading.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He caused a wreck at a dirt track a few weeks ago and a girl hurt her back in that accident.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/nascar-forum/105467-one-two-injured-drivers-dirt-race.html
hey Edisto I just realized. My post count is almost caught up to yours :becky:

Seriously though Tony had just said because he was mad at all the questions about his wreck (before the one that broke his leg) that it was an average Sprint car wreck. Where is total Bullshit. no such thing as an average wreck in Sprint cars. Go figure the very next race he is in he wrecks & breaks his leg on an average Sprint car wreck. (as he would say)
They are saying he will have to go on blood thinners with the surgeries he is having. You cant be cleared to race when Blood thinners in your system so depending on how long he is on them. Even when he gets to where he can slide in the car for a lap to gain points, if he is on the thinners he wouldn't be cleared. Even when he is cleared, the chase is over so no reason to get in the car until he can race the whole race. figure 6- 8 weeks if all goes well. Who knows his season might already be over. Knowing him though he will get in late in the season.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn!! Somebody miss throwing a yellow flag on that one. Car was just sitting still on the track?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of him, but I'd never wish harm on anyone. He probably shouldn't even bother with these types of races when your as rich as he is and has chances to make more $$$. Guys who race live to race though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ambrose on the pole for Watkins Glen-again! The dude loves that track!!