• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart Apparently Hits Walking Driver With Sprint Car

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I just watched the video for the first time, expecting to see clear evidence of

a) Ward being wrecked by Stewart, and then
b) Stewart purposefully hitting Ward.

I did't see either. :noidea:

If I'm a juror looking at that video, I see an angry Ward doing something very stupid and getting himself killed.

This looks like a tragic accident and nothing more to me.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I just watched the video for the first time, expecting to see clear evidence of

If I'm a juror looking at that video, I see an angry Ward doing something very stupid and getting himself killed.

Bingo. Exactly right.

No criminal process needed here and no civil suit will win. Voluntary accident made in a moment of anger that lead to some very poor choices on Ward's part.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there's a grey area...you'd think a nascar driver would be looking at the track and would of easily seen this kid well before he hit him and he still hit him. I think there's a case for him purposely hitting him. The 3 time nascar champ didn't see the kid on the track...who he just spun out? He spun him out the lap before and were suppose to believe he didn't have a clue he was on the track? I'm not buying that...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a grey area...you'd think a nascar driver would be looking at the track and would of easily seen this kid well before he hit him and he still hit him. I think there's a case for him purposely hitting him. The 3 time nascar champ didn't see the kid on the track...who he just spun out? He spun him out the lap before and were suppose to believe he didn't have a clue he was on the track? I'm not buying that...

I think it's entirely probably he never saw him. Just like all the times drivers in broad daylight pull out right in front of motorcycles.

Just looking at the video, I see an accident that could have easily been avoided by this poor guy just staying in his car after the wreck.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure anyone said he didn't see him. Doesn't matter. The kid was running AT the car, was nearly clipped by the car in front of him, and was hit by the right rear of the car. He didn't smash him head on.

Wards fault. Period.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's entirely probably he never saw him. Just like all the times drivers in broad daylight pull out right in front of motorcycles.

Just looking at the video, I see an accident that could have easily been avoided by this poor guy just staying in his car after the wreck.

He's a 3 time champion at the highest level of motorsports...so he's not your average driver. He also just wreaked the kid, so how is it possible he's not watching the track as he comes back around to the wreak? Where else would his eyes be during a dirt track race, 1 lap after wreaking someone?

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please note that the sprint cars wheels stick out way beyond the body of the car, hence it was a really bad idea to walk down that track and get so close to the cars passing by.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 3 time champion at the highest level of motorsports...so he's not your average driver. He also just wreaked the kid, so how is it possible he's not watching the track as he comes back around to the wreak? Where else would his eyes be during a dirt track race, 1 lap after wreaking someone?

On the wrecked car.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I saw too. Stewart may have gunned his engine or done this or that but the "victim" in this case bears quite a bit of responsibility for being a road-raging idiot.

Yes, I know he died. Poor guy. But you don't get a free pass for doing something stupid just because it ended up getting you killed.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or didn't see him until it was too late. Even a seasoned veteran race car driver isn't gonna have a lot of experience dodging pedestrians on a dirt track. It's not like that happens all the time.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure anyone said he didn't see him. Doesn't matter. The kid was running AT the car, was nearly clipped by the car in front of him, and was hit by the right rear of the car. He didn't smash him head on.

Wards fault. Period.

To be clear, you think it's ok for Tony to hit him if he saw him? He shouldn't of tried to get out of the way of a moron kid on the track? Is it the kids fault for running in front of on coming cars, yes. Can you honestly say Tony shouldn't have tried to dodge him?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I saw too. Stewart may have gunned his engine or done this or that but the "victim" in this case bears quite a bit of responsibility for being a road-raging idiot.

Yes, I know he died. Poor guy. But you don't get a free pass for doing something stupid just because it ended up getting you killed.

Not even sure he gunned engine. Sometimes when you start a slide the wheels speed up for a second due to the lost resistance and so it sounds like you gunned it but you really didn't.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a.) I don't see how it's possible that Stewart wrecked him. It seems that he could not have made it around the track that fast.

b.) After driving in circles billions of times over however many years, I doubt seriously that in the dark anyone was looking for angry drivers running wild on the track.

I watched the video expecting to see one thing and instead saw nothing but an accident.

No way in hell Stewart purposefully targets and hits a driver in that situation.

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes. First I want to hear from the family. If they don't go after Stewart, my guess is he gives them a fortune out of grief over the accident.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, you think it's ok for Tony to hit him if he saw him? He shouldn't of tried to get out of the way of a moron kid on the track? Is it the kids fault for running in front of on coming cars, yes. Can you honestly say Tony shouldn't have tried to dodge him?

I don't think you're taking into account that driving one of those weird-ass sprint cars is nothing like driving a car on the street, especially at low speeds.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy gets out of his car, walks out into oncoming traffic, manages to get hit by a car (how shocking) and people think that the driver should be sued or face criminal charges.:L

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a.) I don't see how it's possible that Stewart wrecked him. It seems that he could not have made it around the track that fast.

b.) After driving in circles billions of times over however many years, I doubt seriously that in the dark anyone was looking for angry drivers running wild on the track.

I watched the video expecting to see one thing and instead saw nothing but an accident.

No way in hell Stewart purposefully targets and hits a driver in that situation.

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes. First I want to hear from the family. If they don't go after Stewart, my guess is he gives them a fortune out of grief over the accident.

It just looks really bad. I don't think anyone will ever know if this was on purpose or not, other then Tony. I'd guess he avoids charges because the kid was dumb for running in front of him, but I think it will head to civil court.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be clear HE DIDN'T HIT HIM. Ward came into his car and was picked up by the rear tires, which stick out well past the car, and was wrapped up in them and ejected out. THAT'S NOT HITTING HIM. That's being dumb and going into a moving vehicle with weird wheels and killing yourself.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just looks really bad. I don't think anyone will ever know if this was on purpose or not, other then Tony. I'd guess he avoids charges because the kid was dumb for running in front of him, but I think it will head to civil court.

And it will lose in that court. You cannot fault the driver for hitting someone moving into traffic and getting picked up by the back wheels. There is zero chance he is found guilty of anything.