• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart Apparently Hits Walking Driver With Sprint Car

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant prove that Stewart did it intentionally.
You can, however, prove that the other driver was a dumbass.
Nobody deserves to die, but he doesn't deserve my sympathy either.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, this is from a hockey fan? :L

I want to get rid of fighting in hockey as well (and I have played in leagues where fighting happened and been involved). Check any post I have ever made on that topic. I think that is senseless and juvenile as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not racing, but I don't mind seeing the competitive spirit of a driver come out after the race.

I don't mind if things get hot in the pits but a driver getting out of his car and walking towards a speeding dirt car trying to have a confrontation is an automatic finalist for the Darwin Award.

Last edited by a moderator:

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As already has been mentioned, if there is no criminal investigation, Ward's family will launch a civil lawsuit. They may possibly settle out of court and once that is completed, Tony will face an eternal court of public opinion. The last one will take forever to disappear as every time Tony wins a race (if he decides to continue driving) some reporter or people will revisit this.

If I was in Stewart's camp I wouldn't settle but rather fight it. The kid could've avoided the whole thing by not walking into oncoming traffic.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to get rid of fighting in hockey as well (and I have played in leagues where fighting happened and been involved). Check any post I have ever made on that topic. I think that is senseless and juvenile as well.

I know, I'm just fucking with ya. You wanna fight about it? :boxing:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind if things get hot in the pits but a driver getting out of his car and walking towards a speeding dirt car trying to have a confrontation is an automatic finalist for the Darwin Award.

I fully agree with you.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Watch the video again. The first two cars to go past him after he left his vehicle were on higher lines. The kid intentionally went down the track to force the confrontation. The car in front of Stewarts nearly clipped him as well.

This incident happened at the end of a turn. The accident that lead to this confrontation happened at the end of the skid out of that turn.

Stewart was on a higher line than the car in front of him, but on the same line as two other cars that had already gone past the kid.

This is not on Stewart. Let your emotions go and see this for what it is, and avoidable tragic accident caused by a driver challenging a moving vehicle and losing.

You want to know what my opinion is? I think Stewart was trying to buzz him. He knew there was a yellow because the guys car he pinched went into the wall. Then he takes the higher line and makes no attempt to swerve. He didn't want to hit him but he wanted to make his point. But I'm not going to argue about it. If there was a spotter that told Stewart what was going on then this is definitely on him. If there's no spotter then maybe he didn't see him. He's a dirty prima donna and pulling a stunt like this is on par for the course for him.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if tony didnt speed up how the fuck do you miss him? Someone pointed out the blue car had just missed him, but the blue car was going way slower under caution, also of all the people who didnt hit him it was stewart who did? He also had clearance that he could have used, this did not appear to be the case.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to know what my opinion is? I think Stewart was trying to buzz him. He knew there was a yellow because the guys car he pinched went into the wall. Then he takes the higher line and makes no attempt to swerve. He didn't want to hit him but he wanted to make his point. But I'm not going to argue about it. If there was a spotter that told Stewart what was going on then this is definitely on him. If there's no spotter then maybe he didn't see him. He's a dirty prima donna and pulling a stunt like this is on par for the course for him.

I'm saying it doesn't matter what Stewart was doing, but any opinion is pure conjecture. No one will ever be able to prove what he saw and what his intent was. What we can prove is this was preventable and wouldn't have happened if the dumbass didn't charge DOWN the track into oncoming traffic to take on a moving vehicle. Therefore it HAS to be on him and him alone.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a pedestrian is walking down the middle of the interstate and gets hit by a car we could debate all day and night whether the driver could have done more to avoid hitting him but the fact remains that the pedestrian never should have been there in the first place.

This kid voluntarily walked into oncoming traffic on a dirt track. Could Stewart have done more to avoid hitting him? Maybe, maybe not. Is it Stewart's fault the kid walked in front of his car? No.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a pedestrian is walking down the middle of the interstate and gets hit by a car we could debate all day and night whether the driver could have done more to avoid hitting him but the fact remains that the pedestrian never should have been there in the first place.

If that happened though, there is more chance of the driver being charged than there is of Stewart being charged here.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happened though, there is more chance of the driver being charged than there is of Stewart being charged here.

I would think the opposite is true. A random driver doesn't have much expectation of having reaction time while a professional race driver does.

I just don't see any chance charges are filed in either. You can't fix stupid and walking into a speeding vehicle is pretty stupid.

Civil suit? Good luck with that. Video of that dumb move of going right into that car on purpose kills your claim.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the opposite is true. A random driver doesn't have much expectation of having reaction time while a professional race driver does.

I just don't see any chance charges are filed in either. You can't fix stupid and walking into a speeding vehicle is pretty stupid.

Civil suit? Good luck with that. Video of that dumb move of going right into that car on purpose kills your claim.

I see your point. You could probably see a reckless driving charge for it if something like this happened on any public road though.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There aren't words to describe the sadness I feel about the accident that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr. It's a very emotional time for all involved, and it is the reason I've decided not to participate in today's race at Watkins Glen. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and everyone affected by this tragedy."

-Tony Stewart

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This kid voluntarily walked into oncoming traffic on a dirt track. Could Stewart have done more to avoid hitting him? Maybe, maybe not. Is it Stewart's fault the kid walked in front of his car? No.

Yep. Kids need to stay the fuck out of the middle of the street...
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/politics-forum/159216-police-kill-18-year-old.html

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. But even then the driver would have a good defense because they would have no expectation of pedestrians walking on the interstate unlike a city street.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But even then the driver would have a good defense because they would have no expectation of pedestrians walking on the interstate unlike a city street.

Indeed. Like I say, I think you'd probably get a reckless driving charge but nothing more in a case like that.