• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Stewart Apparently Hits Walking Driver With Sprint Car

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the video links have been removed. Anyone have new link?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He let his emotions get the best of him, it's as simple as that.

Well, too bad for him then.:doh:

Is it a requirement for drivers to watch for pedestrians in these races?? :noidea:

Do you have to use turn signals or flash your brights when passing. :pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure the car didn't flip, that being said you have no idea what the guy saw.

i'm guessing he does have an idea, as there is video evidence of what happened. So we got to see exactly what he got to see. The only thing that could vary is the angle of which we watched it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is stupid but hardly unprecedented. A lot of times drivers confront the cars after the fact while still on the track. I understand emotions, but maybe this will lead to the governing bodies to place an automatic 1 race suspension if you do not immediately go to the medical transport.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that here. You are more likely to get "ZOMG TONY IS A STRAIGHT UP MURDERER HE DID IT ON PURPOSE AND ISSUES TICKING TIME BOMB CANT BELIEVE NASCAR NEVER DID ANYTHING RABBLE RACIST RABBLE"

You won't hear that from me. You want to know who is at fault? The bonehead who decided he was walk into the middle of a car race while it was still going on.

Those saying -- Drivers are very alert and don't believe that it is not possible Stewart didn't see the guy. My response is -- I agree, they are alert for other cars, which Stewart was driving in tandem with one. My guess is when the 1st guy cleared, THAT is when Stewart possibly saw the guy and had to make a split second decision. I think the part missed here is -- if I'm reading the story correctly -- he actually approached him in a turn as well, when these type of cars accelerate.

IMO -- that is how he was clipped by the back right tire. I don't think there is a chance Stewart is charged with anything and those saying Murder 2, you are crazy. The guy who was killed got out of his car and walked into the middle of a race track approaching a driver as he was making a turn.

That being said -- All these athletes can get back to making professional left turns.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a requirement for DRIVERS to watch for pedestrians in these races??

Exactly my thoughts. It is one thing to say drivers are alert to their surroundings on the race track, but the LAST thing they are looking for is another person coming after them on foot.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a caution flag, speed was reduced. I don't think the 'he wasn't alert' defense is gonna work.

:nono:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the video links have been removed. Anyone have new link?

It's not too bad til you realize you are watching a dude roll along with the tire for a couple of revolutions.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the video linked a couple of pages back I really don't see how there could be any charges.

I don't care how common it is for drivers to come at moving vehicles in anger, it's about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Caution or not those cars were still moving fairly fast and he walked right into a moving vehicle on a dirt track. :L

It's a tragic death, but totally avoidable. He was a volunteer victim pure and simple. Go attack him after the race, but attacking a moving car as a pedestrian is just plain fucking stupid and asking for trouble. It's like bringing a rock to a gun fight. Dude was seriously stupid in the heat of anger and it cost him his life.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jh3qy0.png

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the video linked a couple of pages back I really don't see how there could be any charges.

I don't care how common it is for drivers to come at moving vehicles in anger, it's about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Caution or not those cars were still moving fairly fast and he walked right into a moving vehicle on a dirt track. :L

It's a tragic death, but totally avoidable. He was a volunteer victim pure and simple. Go attack him after the race, but attacking a moving car as a pedestrian is just plain fucking stupid and asking for trouble. It's like bringing a rock to a gun fight. Dude was seriously stupid in the heat of anger and it cost him his life.

Link!! ?

All the video's I clicked in this thread said "removed by user". Haven't seen it.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A car moving at 20mph can kill a pedestrian and even under caution they're moving a lot faster than that. What did that kid think he was gonna do? Punch the car off the track?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally seen it. Yeah, that was ugly.

No doubt that dumb ass walked onto the track and those cars were still moving probably 40/50 mph.

If the driver is not intoxicated, and being a professional driver, this will simply be labeled an accident. Tony about to get sued though so he is going to need to keep racing, but how will the other drivers react around him. I'd imagine Tony Stewart is going to eat a wall a couple of times in the future.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, do you believe in superstition?

His car's number was Lucky 13.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally seen it. Yeah, that was ugly.

No doubt that dumb ass walked onto the track and those cars were still moving probably 40/50 mph.

If the driver is not intoxicated, and being a professional driver, this will simply be labeled an accident. Tony about to get sued though so he is going to need to keep racing, but how will the other drivers react around him. I'd imagine Tony Stewart is going to eat a wall a couple of times in the future.

Other drivers are supporting him during this time. I doubt they will put in in the wall over this tragedy.