• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo Wins American Century Championship

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Romo.

After an every now & then oops! He comes back to save the day!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude won 2 playoff games in an entire career. Is the bar that low for greatness?
Well that is what makes it a team sport.

Some QBs help carry a team. Non Playoff teams in the playoff shouldnt win to often.
Some QBs hold back really great teams. Championship caliber teams should win playoff games.
Team sport.

Could you imagine how many championships the eagles could have had, if it werent for McNabb? Wasted one of the greatest defenses in history. :thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude won 2 playoff games in an entire career. Is the bar that low for greatness?
WTF are you talking about? You quote a post about him playing golf and comment about his playoff success as if that's the topic:noidea:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, but this was great:

Now of course we won't show the shot that put him on the patio in the first place, but hey that's golf...
If we still had Romo we'd have been in the SB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great round one for Romo this week. Playing on the PGA tour requires 4 great rounds against the greatest golfers in the world and I still don't see Romo ever being able to do that consistently or even make a cut, but on one day he showed he belonged and that is a pretty darned good start and accomplishment. Very impressed Romo and maybe he can take it to the next level. I think it will be a great story if he can.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Romo was a good QB for the Cowboys. By the time he honed his skills and had the knowledge to be a great QB his body was broken down. I stand firm on my thought regarding his commitment early on. He really was not the greatest leader. The trip to Cabo really was not necessary and ended up being a distraction going into that playoff game against the Giants. His time spent golfing could have been used to study film early on in his career.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is what makes it a team sport.

Some QBs help carry a team. Non Playoff teams in the playoff shouldnt win to often.
Some QBs hold back really great teams. Championship caliber teams should win playoff games.
Team sport.

Could you imagine how many championships the eagles could have had, if it werent for McNabb? Wasted one of the greatest defenses in history. :thumb:
McNabb was really overrated . Dude puked away one superbowl and he was not good in the other ones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Romo was a good QB for the Cowboys. By the time he honed his skills and had the knowledge to be a great QB his body was broken down. I stand firm on my thought regarding his commitment early on. He really was not the greatest leader. The trip to Cabo really was not necessary and ended up being a distraction going into that playoff game against the Giants. His time spent golfing could have been used to study film early on in his career.
I think it's obvious Romo wasn't the team leader and uniter that Dak is and wasn't exactly universally loved buy all in the Dallas locker room if you read the tea leaves, but Romo did some things better than Dak too. Take the good with the bad for both and call us lucky for having both of them :2cents:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had a problem with Romo's trip to Cabo and it says nothing about his leadership. Remember Witten was on that same trip and he's seen as a great leader.