• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula Interview a Disaster

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect the 49ers to regret running Harbaugh out of town. Incredible how quickly the brass there forgot about the days of Nolan and Singletary.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the ****?

This is worse than the interview on House of Cards.

Maybe he's just nervous or doesn't interview well. Nobody will care about this interview if he puts together winning seasons like Harbaugh did.

But man.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect the 49ers to regret running Harbaugh out of town. Incredible how quickly the brass there forgot about the days of Nolan and Singletary.

Oh it was a complete F grade and go look at a lot of other sites/analyst commentary that do this for a living and they all agree.

Harbaugh may have had his differences with the GM, but if I'm the owner I tell the GM to F off and work with Harbaugh. Harbaugh was an amazing head coach for his tenure in San Fran. The only one I can put above in recent memory is Carroll (just is what it is guys, 2 SBOWL appearances, completely BLEW up a crap roster when 9ers had a good one)... BUT, Carroll had a TON of help from Schneider and Allen. The ownership and GM in Seattle are FAR better than the 9ers situation and that counts for A TON. Head coach can only do so much.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, he don't give a fuck

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking loved it. Part Bill Belichick, part Chris Farley. I don't know what kind of coach he'll be, but I hope every presser during his regime is just like that.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit!! Is this for real? I almost feel sorry for the Niners fans, how the mighty have fallen. Who's gonna work under this guy as a coordinator? Any solid coordinator is gonna be more qualified for the HC position than the actual HC. Train wreck! The rivalry was GREAT while it lasted, but all great things must come to an end.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to make a judgement until we see if he figures out how to beat the Seahawks. If he does I will hate him.
In the interview he is being overly careful not to give a wrong answer and he is definitely uncomfortable with it. Not everybody is real quick on their feet but that doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to how he is relating to the players.

Bellicheck gives the worst interviews but he is in the superbowl so what can we say.
Lets be nice and give the guy a chance. And then we can thrash him.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. The only question worth answering was about the play calling and he was really up front about the HC managing the game with the offensive and defensive coordinators taking care of that. Every other question was something he wouldn't or couldn't answer even if he did know what the answers were so why bother asking them? That's how it goes in SF though. It's been nothing but a soap opera when it comes to the front office and the coaching staff ever since Bill Walsh turned the franchise around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone is good at public speaking, doesn't reflect on his coaching abilities at all. Harbaugh always came across as being a dick on purpose when speaking with the press, don't get that vibe from Tomsula. I just think you have a poor public speaker that didn't want to say the wrong thing. I could be wrong, time will tell, but I just doubt that fans can work up the same disdain for Tomsula vs Harbaugh. That's a shame, because Harbaugh was just so fun to hate, damn it!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard a HC sound like that an interview. There have been rants and tirades that were over the top, but this guy appeared woefully unprepared and unpolished. Even with terrible questions you can do better than this. Any beginners level class on how to deal with the media will teach you to stay on your message and if you don't like the question that's asked, then answer a different one of your choosing. F triple minus. Hilarious.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AX142+1C0D+9+620x412

We're on to Cincinnati !!!! echo, echo, echo.....How do you like Tomsula now ?? :lol: