• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Herman is silently building a 'Burnt Orange Beast'

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Just like a kid doesn’t need to like his parent, he needs to respect his parent,” Herman said.
This is where Herman (and many other coaches) go way, way wrong. Respect doesn't just happen in a vacuum.

The way you get college athletes to respect you is to demonstrate to them that following your guidance will lead to improvements in their ability to perform. Only when they recognize the value of putting in the work that you request of them will they be motivated to actually engage in that work. If, on the other hand, he looks at the coach/player relationship solely as a parent/child relationship, he is going to lose his team. Respect has to flow in both directions to get the kind of results both parties desire.

Added in edit: Herman probably gets this better than comes across in this article.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Police: Texas LB Demarco Boyd allegedly punched victim multiple times after multi-car crash | Hookem.com

tenor.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Football: Game-by-Game Predictions for 2018

Can someone help me understand the subtitle of that article?

"Last season shouldn't dissuade anyone from jumping off the Tom Herman bandwagon"

shouldn't dissuade - That's equivalent of "should persuade", right?

Isn't that saying last season should persuade people to jump off the Herman bandwagon? But the article has a positive lean to it (overly, IMO).

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess Boyd punching that guy would sound like someones wrench box toppling over spilling its contents down a metal stairway from the top?

Is silence a pre-requisite when building burnt orange beasts?

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't sleep on TCU. I think they have a better QB, then Thrill. They have the best defense and speed all over the place.
WVU will score a lot of points and Texass hasn't done much to show they can score at will. When was the last time Texass beat OkieLite?

USC, TCU, OU, Okielite and WVU could all be losses. TT and Baylor will play up and ISU is not bad.

Final outcome BigXII

OU
TCU
WVU if they stay healthy, they could win the conference.
Okielite
Texas
KSU

I will not be surprised to face a 2-3 Texass in the RRS. I doubt better then 3-2

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on TCU. I think they have a better QB, then Thrill. They have the best defense and speed all over the place.
WVU will score a lot of points and Texass hasn't done much to show they can score at will. When was the last time Texass beat OkieLite?

USC, TCU, OU, Okielite and WVU could all be losses. TT and Baylor will play up and ISU is not bad.

Final outcome BigXII

OU
TCU
Okielite
Texas
KSU

I will not be surprised to face a 2-3 Texass in the RRS. I doubt better then 3-2
Bigger question is who will be under center? Will it be head-wound Sam or Jetski Shane? I don't think Ehlinger can stay healthy, too much of a bulldog.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Final outcome BigXII

OU
TCU
Okielite
Texas
KSU

I don't think you're giving Iowa St. enough credit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're giving Iowa St. enough credit.

You’re giving them too much. They’re not catching anyone by surprise this year.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of "Burnt Orange Beast"

Edit: Oops, my bad! Wrong forum!