• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Crean does commercials for local businesses

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salin Bank and did Subway last year, do we not pay you enough? Embarrassing. :L

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he'll be looking to do that full time once the season is over. The man will have to make money one way or the other.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he'll be looking to do that full time once the season is over. The man will have to make money one way or the other.

I was thinking the same thing at the beginning of the season, but seeing how far down team's in the B1G have fallen I think he'll keep his job for another season.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salin Bank and did Subway last year, do we not pay you enough? Embarrassing. :L

Might be in his contract. Lots of coaches have media obligations written into their contracts. If you look at a lot of the highly paid (7 figures annually) coaches at public universities, they usually have a "modest" base salary of somewhere in the 6 figure range, (that comes from the state budget) and the rest of the money is bonus money and "media" money.

I know when I used to live in Lexington, Pitino was doing commercials for the Ford dealership and I'm pretty sure most of his predecessors and successors did as well. It's not because they all just really like ford. It was in their contract.