• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wang - IR
Powell - cut
X - cut
Grimm - cut
Coale - cut
Boykin made the roster it seems!

Cody Grimm cut? WTF BUCS! I was watching one of their preseason games and he was in on just about every tackle (just like his VT days).

Over/Under time before Skins fans say they should sign Grimm: 30 seconds

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under time before Skins fans say they should sign Grimm: 30 seconds

lol. Well the Skins do only have a 52-man roster right now, still waiting to find out who #53 is. And Tanard Jackson, a safety, just got suspended for a year so why wouldnt Skins fans want Grimm?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT Football ‏@VT_Football
RT @NFLSTROUD: S Cody Grimm, contrary to some reports, was not released and returns for his third season. #Hokies

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I had no idea Whitely was on a roster.

Sucks about Evans. Two years in a row where imo, he was the 2nd best back on that dirt rotten Colts team. Guys must be showing way more in practice than they do in games

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact... VT currently has several more offensive players on NFL rosters than defensive players. Who would have guessed?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up RW AND DW in the late rounds of my fantasy draft. Hope they make some noise.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Coale was signed to the Cowboys practice squad. Given Dallas' issues with anyone eligible to catch a pass, there's a chance he may get called up to the active roster this season.

Interesting fact... VT currently has several more offensive players on NFL rosters than defensive players. Who would have guessed?

Really?

Defense: Tapp, Carmichael, Flowers, Hosley, Chancellor, Worilds, Anderson, Hall, Grimm

Offense: Vick, Taylor, Williams, Royal, Morgan, Wilson, King (is he still on Arizona?), Boykin, Graham (not sure if he won Houston's kicking job), Montgomery, Brown

Looks like 9 for defense, 11 on offense. Have a missed anyone? (this is strictly 53 man roster, not practice squads)

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense: Tapp, Carmichael, Flowers, Hosley, Chancellor, Worilds, Anderson, Hall, Grimm

Offense: Vick, Taylor, Williams, Royal, Morgan, Wilson, King (is he still on Arizona?), Boykin, Graham (not sure if he won Houston's kicking job), Montgomery, Brown

Looks like 9 for defense, 11 on offense. Have a missed anyone? (this is strictly 53 man roster, not practice squads)

Yes, King is still with Arizona. And yes, Graham did win the kicking job (his competitor being lost for the season didn't hurt). I think that's it. I had also been counting Andre Smith and Anthony Davis, but turns out they were both cut on Friday (neither surprising, but I hadn't seen it). Blake DeChristopher and Ed Wang are on IR, but that doesn't count against the 53-man roster. I'd probably call Graham special teams rather than offense, so that makes it pretty close to even between D and offense... 9 vs 10.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate darren evans. he probably is my all-time least favorite hokie (besides sean glennon obviously) i will never forgive him for fumbling the ball when were about to score to beat james madison.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea i understand that. but at the same time, evans is the one who physically fumbled the ball when we were about to score to win.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i hate darren evans. he probably is my all-time least favorite hokie (besides sean glennon obviously) i will never forgive him for fumbling the ball when were about to score to beat james madison.

I don't hate DE at all. I think he was under appreciated by sharing a backfield with guys just as good that were more exciting on and off the field. The decision to leave early - even if he had his family in mind - was a bad one. His fumble vs. JMU was no different than RW34's fumble vs UNC or DW4's backwards adventure vs Michigan. His VT record game vs MD is there with Ryan dragging Wolfe and David's return to beat GT.

Anyway, I'm hearing the Titans signed Darren. Good for him, wish him well, and I hope he soon gets the chance to have the breakout year that Williams and Wilson will have this year.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The JMU game is what happens when you don't have a deep team and you have to wear your starters completely out because the backups are horrible. That and when you have a guy playing Whip that was probably the worst defensive starter in the last 10 years