• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs Northwestern Thread

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Piss poor clock management today. 3rd straight year we lose to an unranked team at home.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know that! I'm just saying, we only had 18 seconds. By the time we recovered the kick we would have had about 14 seconds. Then we would need to get into field goal range from our 45 yard line throwing the ball into the wind.

He was trying to get the ball and pick up yards all in one onside kick. Two birds with one stone.

Two peacocks with one ruby?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Piss poor clock management today. 3rd straight year we lose to an unranked team at home.

Pelini is a terrible coach in some ways. Clock management is one of them.

I knew we were going to have some problems with NW, but this is ridiculous!

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Yea....the point was, were we going to have enough time in 14 seconds to go 30 yards to get into field goal range? We needed to get to at least the 25 yard line, we would have been kicking dead into a 40 mph gusting wind.

I fully understand..
For the game to come down to that was Pathetic, we should never have been in that situation to begin with. It's not like that cost us the game, it was just a last sliver of hope, that's all.

I don't mind losin', it's the way we lost and watchin' player slack off; PISSeS me OFF...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question. anyone know the stat of when the last time Northwestern threw the football? Amazing how the Cats just seemed to run the ball right up the gut every play for a few yards and nebraska never seemed to stack the box?

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question. anyone know the stat of when the last time Northwestern threw the football? Amazing how the Cats just seemed to run the ball right up the gut every play for a few yards and nebraska never seemed to stack the box?

You obviously didn't watch the game....

Their passing slowed down when Persa got hurt and Coulter came in.....plus they had a great game plan to bleed the clock.......Blackshirts suck at containing a fast qb......Persa getting hurt really was a blessing for Northwestern forcing them to focus on just running the ball, and then play action can hit for an 81 yard td.....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously didn't watch the game....

Their passing slowed down when Persa got hurt and Coulter came in.....plus they had a great game plan to bleed the clock.......Blackshirts suck at containing a fast qb......Persa getting hurt really was a blessing for Northwestern forcing them to focus on just running the ball, and then play action can hit for an 81 yard td.....

hmm well i did watch it. but why you claiming I didn't when you basically stated excatly what i stated? NW ran the football 98% of the time, and from what I saw NW didn't throw a pass at all except for that PA TD pass?? So my question was when did NW last throw a pass? And second why didnt Nebraska just load the box and attempt to stop the run because like you said, NW just could kill nebraska D on the ground with a running QB.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hmm well i did watch it. but why you claiming I didn't when you basically stated excatly what i stated? NW ran the football 98% of the time, and from what I saw NW didn't throw a pass at all except for that PA TD pass?? So my question was when did NW last throw a pass? And second why didnt Nebraska just load the box and attempt to stop the run because like you said, NW just could kill nebraska D on the ground with a running QB.

Maybe it's because Pelini doesn't know defense as well as everyone thinks he does?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it was just me that saw Northwestern run straight up the gut for most of the second half getting 3-4 yards a carry?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess it was just me that saw Northwestern run straight up the gut for most of the second half getting 3-4 yards a carry?

I saw it too. When I think of our defense, I picture a tin horn with liquid shit flowing through it. Whoosh!

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to argue with you....Northwestern had some runs and averaged 3.8 per carry......but they weren't routinely getting 4 yards a pop.....we were getting them into 3rd and long passing situations and Coulter would break contain and run for a bunch of yards.....Those count as rushing yards and bring the average all the way up to 3.8 per carry even though we were (aside from the final drive) stuffing the run fairly well on 1st and 2nd downs....

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think NW had over 200 yds rushing. That's obscene!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue with you....Northwestern had some runs and averaged 3.8 per carry......but they weren't routinely getting 4 yards a pop.....we were getting them into 3rd and long passing situations and Coulter would break contain and run for a bunch of yards.....Those count as rushing yards and bring the average all the way up to 3.8 per carry even though we were (aside from the final drive) stuffing the run fairly well on 1st and 2nd downs....

yeah you don't need to argue with me, because you just agreed with me.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NW had over 200 yds rushing. That's obscene!

yeah, 207 rushing, and 261 passing......

but yeah, they just only ran and we should of stacked the box better....:rolleyes:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
diethreaddie.jpg