• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Coaching "Search" Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re supposed to respond telling me there is like a 99% chance he’s coming you fucker!

It's only about the 'when' IMO.

If UCF wins their CCG, I think Frost coaches their New Years 6 bowl game. He owes it to those players for buying into what he and his staff asked them to do. Not to mention it may be his only opportunity to have an undefeated season the rest of his coaching career. Pretty sure Nebraska admins would understand that.
I'm typically contrarian on rematches though. The losing team can look at the film, see how they got beat the first time and make adjustments.
The winning team looks at how they were successful in the first game and repeats the game plan. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
If UCF loses their CCG, Frost is in Lincoln Dec 3rd or 4th. If UCF wins their CCG, Frost will be announced as pending HC at Nebraska, but will not arrive in Lincoln until first week of January 2018.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s nothing anywhere about Moos meeting with any candidates yet, I’m get my foil hat and head on over to the Facebooks

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s nothing anywhere about Moos meeting with any candidates yet, I’m get my foil hat and head on over to the Facebooks

That Frost is his own agent and the rest of the programs making changes are no longer pursuing him tells me all I need to know to sleep easy.
If Frost were staying at UCF he'd have said it by now. That puts me in REM.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Frost is his own agent and the rest of the programs making changes are no longer pursuing him tells me all I need to know to sleep easy.
this. basically exactly what i've been thinking from everything i've read.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm typically contrarian on rematches though. The losing team can look at the film, see how they got beat the first time and make adjustments.
The winning team looks at how they were successful in the first game and repeats the game plan. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Memphis has really exploded on the points since their low against UCF of 13. so i think there is plenty of film to watch on them and figure out what's different and what they will need to stop.

i do agree though, rematches are tough, especially one's you won 40-13.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sleep easy knowing that if Jimbo Fisher jumps ship for A&M, Willie Taggart will likely be a target for FSU. If that happens people are going to start freaking the F out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis has really exploded on the points since their low against UCF of 13. so i think there is plenty of film to watch on them and figure out what's different and what they will need to stop.

i do agree though, rematches are tough, especially one's you won 40-13.

Remember this one?

Sept 29, 2012....Nebraska 30 Wisconsin 27
Dec 1, 2012.......Nebraska 31 Wisconsin 70

Jet Sweep must have looked aweful good on tape.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sleep easy knowing that if Jimbo Fisher jumps ship for A&M, Willie Taggart will likely be a target for FSU. If that happens people are going to start freaking the F out.

Not I.

Does Frost's have any more ties to Oregon other than being a coach there for a few years? They are not a blueblood and Kelly/Helfrich no longer have ties to the program. The 'Next Man Up' mantra there has all but been washed away.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2010/09/18 Nebraska 56 - Washington 21 W
2010/12/30 Nebraska 7 - Washington 19 L !! Holiday Bowl !!

Case made.

Wisconsin adjusted offensively.
Washington adjusted defensively.

Both adjustments had a huge impact on the spread.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska Insider Strongman Sean Callahan said this morning that one of his close buddies down in Tallahassee who is in the know about what’s going on says Frost isn’t even on FSU’s radar.

This is mainly because this news comes as a shock to FSU and they weren’t prepared to look for a HC.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost was just put on the spot in the AAC telcon whether or not he'd be returning to UCF next season. He side-stepped it and reiterated that his focus was on this UCF team at this time.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost was just put on the spot in the AAC telcon whether or not he'd be returning to UCF next season. He side-stepped it and reiterated that his focus was on this UCF team at this time.
Damn, that means he’s just renegotiating his UCF contract, and we’re still not interviewing anybody! :doh:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that means he’s just renegotiating his UCF contract, and we’re still not interviewing anybody! :doh:

First part is highly likely to be false.
Second part is of question.

Merely look at the AP, Coaches polls, and CFB Play Off Committee selections to determine if he stays at UCF.

The only thing that could fuck this up is a Big 12 expansion offer to UCF. IMO

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First part is highly likely to be false.
Second part is of question.

Merely look at the AP, Coaches polls, and CFB Play Off Committee selections to determine if he stays at UCF.

The only thing that could fuck this up is a Big 12 expansion offer to UCF. IMO
But Tennessee and Florida both backed off, because he wasn’t that good anyway was the insider report, why is UCF trying to keep him?