• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other side of the coin. Will be a fun game to watch.

Thinking of K State and Auburn in February has me anticipating this game 1000x more than I did for the SB.

Hell. I would be looking forward to an Illinois vs Kansas game more than any NFL game.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, if you think it's more plausable that #11 Northwestern with a 5-3 record just happens to be ranked above #20 Alabama with a 7-2 record and there is no bias, then that's fine.

You said yourself you hear about it all the time about bias, but yet nobody is going to believe me and everyone else is going to think it's totally legit! All because nobody has signed confessions by the writers.

:laugh3:

Of course I think it plausible that a team that lost only to top 5 teams gets ranked over a team that lost to an unranked team. Last year, Stanford finished with 3 losses and finished ranked above 2 loss Ohio State, 2 loss Baylor, 1 loss Louisville, and 1 loss Central Florida. This is not unheard of in polling, it's pretty normal in fact. I'd have to be an idiot to just assume it's bias based on such flimsy evidence.

And yet I hear about bias all the time. I hear a lot of things that get repeated over and over again without factual backing. I get email all the times that are false stories but they are just to good that people believe them. Because it gets repeated often does not make it true. The internet culture makes for some wild tales. Because most people who engage in conversation really don't know much about their topic, they search the internet for it and act like they know it themselves. Very often these get repeated over and over again without any truth. Wikipedia ranges between great stuff and complete garbage. There's no knowing what your reading is true without personal research, and most people won't do that.

Again, I think the bias theory is possible, but I'm not going to be like the sheep who are so gullible they believe everything they've heard repeated 1,000 times.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you've got it. It's usually the best policy to defer to those that know more about you on a subject.

If that's what you think is going on, so be it.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucks were not given that day...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. Good to see AU having the balls to travel to Big 12 country.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 Announces Football Date Adjustments
Courtesy: Big12Sports.com
Release: 02/03/2014

More Sharing Services

The Big 12 Conference has worked with its television partners to adjust the dates of three football games on the 2014 schedule to provide national exposure for the matchups.

Any additional date changes will be released as they become available. Television selections for the first three weeks of the season and special dates are due to the Conference by June 1.

2014 Big 12 Football Date Adjustments

Saturday, September 6
Oklahoma at Tulsa (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2) (originally scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 20)

Thursday, September 18
Auburn at K-State (ESPN) (originally scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 20)

Saturday, September 20
Oklahoma at West Virginia (TV Network TBA) (originally scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 27)

< Back to Football

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. Good to see AU having the balls to travel to Big 12 country.
Kudos to a Big 12 team for not whoring themselves out and selling their home game, times have changed since we played Kansas in the 80s.

Although making us play on a Thursday really isn't encouraging a repeat.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have a bye week the week before this game so it really isnt as big a deal. But college football belongs on Saturdays I hate Thursday night games they are for ACC and AAC games that no one cares about. Not the SEC and Big 12.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap we could be screwed:

Doesn't Auburn know Thursday nights are where top-10 teams go to die? (Kevin Scarbinsky) | AL.com

Thursday nights are where Top teams go to die evidently.

I think that only applies to conference games. Tell yourself that and you should ease your pessimistic thoughts.

2012. Oregon @ ASU I heard the exact same thing. 1st play of the game from scrimmage. Oregon fumbles and ASU recovers. 2nd play of game They throw a td pass. Here I am thinking oh shit, here we go.

Oregon goes on to put away the game with 43 points in less than a full quarter of football.

2013. Stanford debacle. But that was more than just a Thurs headscratcher. They beat the Ducks on both sides of the line and also for the 2nd time in as many tries.

Thurs games can go sideways. But it isn't as bad as many make it out to be when we look further into it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have a bye week the week before this game so it really isnt as big a deal. But college football belongs on Saturdays I hate Thursday night games they are for ACC and AAC games that no one cares about. Not the SEC and Big 12.

Especially an OOC game pitting two conference heavyweights.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to a Big 12 team for not whoring themselves out and selling their home game, times have changed since we played Kansas in the 80s.

Although making us play on a Thursday really isn't encouraging a repeat.

Not really sure why you're feelings are hurt about this game being on Thurs night. This game will be watched by more people than it would be on Sat. You're acting like this game will be the end of AU football. Calm down guy, you and AU football will be just fine.....

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a VT fan, I kinda like thursday games. Before this past season, it was usually one of, if not the best, home game for VT. Plus, it was the only day VT would have a night game in Lane. I cant remember the last saturday night game in Lane:think: