• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically Auburns defense is terrible. But Ive noticed all season that when they have to have a stop they get it. They were so many times in the Iron bowl where We were down on their side of the field and they either stopped us on 4th down or made us kick field goals.(which we missed). But FSU offense is better than bamas so we will see if they can do it against FSU.

We have a better kicker too. :yahoo:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Very true. Im ready for next year our kicker griffin looks pretty solid he should have been kicking for us this year.

Never understood why Foster was still the kicker. Screw underclassmen/upperclassmen crap. If Griffin looks better and has better accuracy use him. 2 years in a row that Saban did not switch out the kicker when he should have. I can honestly say FSU has always had good kickers for the past 25 years. Even with the Wide LEfts and Wide Rights. Pretty clutch group of kickers.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont believe in fsu's run defense. extremely overhyped, i think auburns run game takes them to town. beat the rapist!!

Who has overhyped the run defense? NOBODY!!! That is the one thing that everyone has wondered about. Come on and try to get with it.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn's 38th in scoring defense

And 88th in total defense.

Of the 8 big stat lines (tot D, score D, pass D Rush D and same 4 for O) fsu ranks in the top 20 in 7 (28th in other), with 5 in the top 10 (4 in top 3, #1 at 2) Auburn is top 20 in 4, with 4 outside of top 50, and 2 outside the top 100 :eek:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of the 8 big stat lines (tot D, score D, pass D Rush D and same 4 for O) fsu ranks in the top 20 in 7 (28th in other), with 5 in the top 10 (4 in top 5, #1 at 2) Auburn is top 20 in 4, with 4 outside of top 50, and 2 outside the top 100 :eek:

miami was the 2nd best team florida state played during the regular season. think that might have had something to do with it? because miami is pretty bad.

ToolmyDread

We Are The Boys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has overhyped the run defense? NOBODY!!! That is the one thing that everyone has wondered about. Come on and try to get with it.
What?? All Ive heard from my fsu buddys is that yalls run d will shutdown auburns attack. Has Fsu played a team with a badass run game besides Boston College? I think Rapeis's karma will bite him in the ass in the nc.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how uf was gonna destroy louisville :corso:

I didn't say that and that wasn't for a Crystal ball either.. we tend to do alright when it REALLY matters not for a consolation prize.. I'm sorry when was the last time Miami won a nc.. oh wait. That's right it's been team sec for the last 7 years or so

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?? All Ive heard from my fsu buddys is that yalls run d will shutdown auburns attack. Has Fsu played a team with a badass run game besides Boston College? I think Rapeis's karma will bite him in the ass in the nc.

Actually Miami had a good run offense. Also you are taking your FRIENDS opinions as factual? :laugh3:

Auburn will get yards between the 20s no doubt. The one thing that FSU has been good at the season is not allowing rushing TDs. Even o BC and Miami. They have given up 5 all season and all 5 were given up by the 2nd and 3rd string defenses in the 2nd halves of games.

I do not care if Auburn gets 1000 yards rushing as long as FSU limits the TDs like they have against the 2 good power run teams they have faced.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of the 8 big stat lines (tot D, score D, pass D Rush D and same 4 for O) fsu ranks in the top 20 in 7 (28th in other), with 5 in the top 10 (4 in top 3, #1 at 2) Auburn is top 20 in 4, with 4 outside of top 50, and 2 outside the top 100 :eek:

because we don't throw the ball. We're 18th in passing yards per attempt though

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that and that wasn't for a Crystal ball either.. we tend to do alright when it REALLY matters not for a consolation prize.. I'm sorry when was the last time Miami won a nc.. oh wait. That's right it's been team sec for the last 7 years or so

Can you remember the last time the canes had only 4 wins? Me either. Maybe sometime before UFs last winless season. :noidea:

Trying to rember the last time uf had more NCs too.....its not coming to me

vandelay industries

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while the offensive & defensive stats are what they are, no one ever talks about special teams, and they should b/c it's a big part too. hell, look no further than the IB for an example of both the highs AND lows of special teams, all on one play. an extreme example, yes, but the point is not to take special teams lightly. while it remains to be seen how much a factor it will be in the MNC, auburn's opponents rarely get any return yards & are often pinned deep in their own territory, particularily on punts....so if FSU is gonna score alot of TDs, they'll probably have to do it by stringing together many long drives. they probably won't have a short field to work with, unless auburn turns the ball over. auburn does give up alot of yards, but for some inexplicable reason they get stingy near the red zone....while i won't be shocked if FSU gets alot of points, i won't be terribly surprised either if FSU racks up a ton of yards, yet doesn't have much to show for it on the scoreboard....

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami was the 2nd best team florida state played during the regular season. think that might have had something to do with it? because miami is pretty bad.

Your troll bait sux. Seriously, try to pick it up a notch. That disney shit is like Trix.