• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that did not take long

He is an absolute monster and played tough competition. 6'7", 250 and gets to work in our S&C program. He'll be good.

Also, from what I'm hearing, not only is Dre'Mont coming back next year, but they want to possibly shift him to DE.

Last edited:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an absolute monster and played tough competition. 6'7", 250 and gets to work in our S&C program. He'll be good.

Also, from what I'm hearing, not only is Dre'Mont coming back next year, but they want to possibly shift him to DE.

Yea I've seen Dre'Mont is probably coming back. He could definitely flip to DE.

Also read they might use Williams at TE with news today that AJ Alexander is a medical retirement. Would like to see him groomed at DE though, considering we have the #1 TE incoming already.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I've seen Dre'Mont is probably coming back. He could definitely flip to DE.

Also read they might use Williams at TE with news today that AJ Alexander is a medical retirement. Would like to see him groomed at DE though, considering we have the #1 TE incoming already.
We need a DE way more than a TE. I'm not sure who wrote that and I'd love to see where they're getting that idea. Unless Berry is moving back to DE?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Texas has ever been DBU. They were one of the better schools at putting DB prospects into the NFL for a few years under Mack Brown, but they were never the best.

That said, you're definitely bringing in a hell of a haul in that department. Sounds like OSU backed off of Cook earlier this fall.

I don't think you guys backed off at all......I think Cook did. He's been trending to Texas or LSU for most of the year........I think he just wants to stay closer to home.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a DE way more than a TE. I'm not sure who wrote that and I'd love to see where they're getting that idea. Unless Berry is moving back to DE?

Berry would have to stay at TE, unless yea they move him to DE and Williams to TE.....Berry has more experience at TE and would likely see a decent amount of PT next year though. Makes a lot more sense to leave him and groom Williams at DE

Baugh Gone
Alexander medical retirement
Hawkins transfering to YSU

That just leaves Farrell and Berry with Ruckert incoming.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the talk about Proctor. He's never really wavered. Even when he committed, I knew OU would still keep coming after him and that he would even take an OV there, which I guess didn't happen. He's seemed solid all along, and yeah I'm really excited for him to get to Columbus. Even if we lose Woodbey, our safety haul in this class is outstanding.

Looks like OU is plucking a couple kids from Ohio and one right out of Columbus.

Brian Asamoah
LB Columbus, OH 6'1" 215

Tavion Thomas
RB Dayton, OH 6'2" 227

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like OU is plucking a couple kids from Ohio and one right out of Columbus.

Brian Asamoah
LB Columbus, OH 6'1" 215

Tavion Thomas
RB Dayton, OH 6'2" 227

Thomas kind of got bogged down because of the scandal @ Dunbar. He appears himself to be clean but that caused a lot of schools to back off of Dunbar players. (Scates is a High 3/Low 4* WR from there looks like he's gonna end up ending up at Iowa State) Would not be suprised if he turned out to be a very good player.

Don't think Asamoah was ever heavily recruited by Ohio State. Havent really paid much attention to him because so, but his offer list is decent. Meyer has definitely had a more national approach than Tressel did. Schools like Michigan State and Kentucky (and now Cincinnati) are benefiting from this, along with national programs like OU coming in and getting guys instead of a state lockdown.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a hit piece. A good chunk of it has already been redacted for inaccuracies......there may be some truth there, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it

Tomorrow expect 19 or so kids to sign early with Texas.......they know the issues but they are coming in clean, these are Herman's recruits

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you guys backed off at all......I think Cook did. He's been trending to Texas or LSU for most of the year........I think he just wants to stay closer to home.
Most of the year? As of October 1st, over 80% of his CBs were to Ohio State. It wasn't until the last 6-8 weeks that things started trending the other way. It's odd that he wants to stay closer to home. His whole MO from the start was saying he didn't want to just follow his friends to one of the Texas schools and how he wanted to make his own path. Oh well.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry would have to stay at TE, unless yea they move him to DE and Williams to TE.....Berry has more experience at TE and would likely see a decent amount of PT next year though. Makes a lot more sense to leave him and groom Williams at DE

Baugh Gone
Alexander medical retirement
Hawkins transfering to YSU

That just leaves Farrell and Berry with Ruckert incoming.
Don't forget Hausman. He's in that TE group as well, so there's 4.

They won't need to shuffle anyone around, IMO. Jones is getting moved to DE, bring in Smith and Williams, still have Bosa, Young, and Cooper. I'm cool with that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brian Asamoah
LB Columbus, OH 6'1" 215

Tavion Thomas
RB Dayton, OH 6'2" 227
Yep, two guys that play positions we are loaded at in this class. Thomas is more of a classic bruiser, and he likely would've never seen the field at OSU. Asamoah, however, is going to be good. I think OU stole one OSU is going to regret not going after.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To nobody's surprise, Alabama's class has surged up to the 5th spot with the morning commitment from Christian Barmore. That said, it would appear they still have a long ways to go if they want to continue their streak of #1 overall classes. Right now, Ohio State holds a commanding lead, even with Emory Jones going to Florida and if Jaiden Woodbey signs with USC.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, two guys that play positions we are loaded at in this class. Thomas is more of a classic bruiser, and he likely would've never seen the field at OSU. Asamoah, however, is going to be good. I think OU stole one OSU is going to regret not going after.

I’ve thought Asamoah has been criminally underrated this whole time. Think Thomas will be a nice compliment to Pledger.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hit piece. A good chunk of it has already been redacted for inaccuracies......there may be some truth there, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it

Tomorrow expect 19 or so kids to sign early with Texas.......they know the issues but they are coming in clean, these are Herman's recruits

Y’all may be losing/not signing a couple kids because of it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, this early signing period kind of sucks. It basically just moved up signing day and I have to imagine the action in the next few weeks will be limited. At this point, they should just let kids sign whenever they want.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve thought Asamoah has been criminally underrated this whole time. Think Thomas will be a nice compliment to Pledger.
Asamoah should probably be a 4*. One of my best friends is a coach at one of the suburban Columbus schools who faced him, and he said he was absolutely dominant.

Thomas would be a good compliment, but I'm not sure he's the bellcow type. I think his ceiling would be a poor man's Perine.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asamoah should probably be a 4*. One of my best friends is a coach at one of the suburban Columbus schools who faced him, and he said he was absolutely dominant.

Thomas would be a good compliment, but I'm not sure he's the bellcow type. I think his ceiling would be a poor man's Perine.

I think he’s a little better than that but he won’t be our every down back. He’ll be a short yardage guy and a guy we use in the second half to beat on opposing teams and wear them down.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s a little better than that but he won’t be our every down back. He’ll be a short yardage guy and a guy we use in the second half to beat on opposing teams and wear them down.
So essentially a poor man's Perine?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially a poor man's Perine?

Lol. I guess so. He may develop into more but Oklahoma has so much depth at running back you’re gonna have to be SPECIAL to be the guy. Anderson is that guy. Pledger can be that guy. Sermon might be able to.