• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen his recent film, but I've heard similar sentiments. QB in the state of Texas this year is top heavy with 3 or 4 prospects and then it goes to shit after that. I don't think he's a bad get at all.

I think not having a QB committed may have slowed things down a bit for us. Hopefully this helps remedy that.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not having a QB committed may have slowed things down a bit for us. Hopefully this helps remedy that.

You guys will be fine when the smoke clears. You can afford to sit and develop the kid.

Texas - well we need guys that can play NOW. I'm nowhere near as high on Shane Buechele as other longhorns fans......I need to see more than I have right now. Rising and Thompson can run Hermans offense with no issues......Buechele is more of a traditional pocket passer but the only thing he does well IMO is throw a deep ball.

Without a dominant run game the RRSO might be a blood bath this year

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will be fine when the smoke clears. You can afford to sit and develop the kid.

Texas - well we need guys that can play NOW. I'm nowhere near as high on Shane Buechele as other longhorns fans......I need to see more than I have right now. Rising and Thompson can run Hermans offense with no issues......Buechele is more of a traditional pocket passer but the only thing he does well IMO is throw a deep ball.

Without a dominant run game the RRSO might be a blood bath this year

I hope so. We need to slow Herman's momentum a little.

Problem for you guys is you can't keep your stud RB on the field. Problem for us is MLB is a question mark. I think we'll be okay on the edges, but I don't trust Emmanuel Beal a lot right now. Our interior is gonna get tested quick because I expect Ohio state to go right at it to see what we've got.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you didn't hear? Columbus is tropical now. We've had snow like 5 times over the past two years. It's been 60+ degrees the last two Christmases. Walk through the Oval from April-September and you'll see we're far from hurting for girls not wearing any clothes.

El nino? Global Warming?

And I'm going to go out on a limb and state outright that Texas has hotter chicks than Ohio......lived in Cleveland for three years, YEEEEEEESH

Yeah... also here in the Detroit area the winters over the past 5+ years have been very wimpy. Kinda sucks.

It's easier to get women in a horny mood during colder weather too. The ladies want to come indoors, have a hot chocolate or coffee with some rum and/or Kahlua, and cuddle under a blanket with you..... A LOT.

Fuck that hot & humid weather... I will NEVER move south.... hell, I often think I should move a bit further north because the winters here in Detroit are becoming too mild.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take Texas women over pretty much ANYTHING Ohio has to offer......Michigan too. Have at it boys, they're all yours.......

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take Texas women over pretty much ANYTHING Ohio has to offer......Michigan too. Have at it boys, they're all yours.......
All yours.

bH55wKI.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Savion Smith to transfer from LSU, believe he was a 5 star DB. In class on my cell so I can't find all the links etc. All between the ears, the kid is a physical speciman. Whoever gets him will hopefully get a more mature prospect, kid is a freak.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State lands 4* Florida DE Andrew Chatfield

King of a out of nowhere one. I'll trust the coaches though considering I doubt theyd take a player they thought was fringe this early in the game

Andrew Chatfield, American Heritage, Weak-Side Defensive End

To add on to this, looks like a possible flip from Miami commit 4* DT Nesta Silvera as a result of this

Nesta Silvera, American Heritage, Defensive Tackle

Also high 4* CB Tyson Campbell (another American Heritage teammate) seems to be trending toward OSU as well

Tyson Campbell, American Heritage, Cornerback

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add on to this, looks like a possible flip from Miami commit 4* DT Nesta Silvera as a result of this

Nesta Silvera, American Heritage, Defensive Tackle

Also high 4* CB Tyson Campbell (another American Heritage teammate) seems to be trending toward OSU as well

Tyson Campbell, American Heritage, Cornerback
This is dead on. There's a good chance Meyer locks down 3/4 from Heritage, if not 4/4. Surtain seems LSU-bound, but his father said he loves OSU and plans on getting to Columbus at least 1-2 times this year. If Meyer reels in 3 of his teammates, it wouldn't be even slightly surprising to see him grab all 4.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is dead on. There's a good chance Meyer locks down 3/4 from Heritage, if not 4/4. Surtain seems LSU-bound, but his father said he loves OSU and plans on getting to Columbus at least 1-2 times this year. If Meyer reels in 3 of his teammates, it wouldn't be even slightly surprising to see him grab all 4.

I don't think they have much of a shot at Surtain at all.

Campbell is not that far behind Surtain talent wise. If they take 2 more DBs and land Campbell and Cook that would be a home run.

Silvera is a beast, not sure why he isnt rated higher. Him and Vincent would be a lock solid DT duo (Throw in Matthew Jones as well)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have much of a shot at Surtain at all.

Campbell is not that far behind Surtain talent wise. If they take 2 more DBs and land Campbell and Cook that would be a home run.

Silvera is a beast, not sure why he isnt rated higher. Him and Vincent would be a lock solid DT duo (Throw in Matthew Jones as well)
I read an interview this week with Surtain's dad, and he said OSU is still extremely high on his list and that we'll be getting a couple visits for sure. They're not the favorites, but that's hardly ever stopped Urban.

I agree on Campbell. Getting him and Cook would be amazing, but I'd have no problem snagging Surtain along with them. Best pass defense in the country for the forseeable future, that's for sure.

Silvera already got a boost in the ratings this week from 3* to 4*, and with a strong season he'll probably end up top 100. He's definitely a beast. Matthew Jones sounds like a Buckeye lock, but he might actually play on offense, even listing center as a possibility. It's never a bad thing to have an aggressive, nasty dude to snap the ball.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interview this week with Surtain's dad, and he said OSU is still extremely high on his list and that we'll be getting a couple visits for sure. They're not the favorites, but that's hardly ever stopped Urban.

I agree on Campbell. Getting him and Cook would be amazing, but I'd have no problem snagging Surtain along with them. Best pass defense in the country for the forseeable future, that's for sure.

Silvera already got a boost in the ratings this week from 3* to 4*, and with a strong season he'll probably end up top 100. He's definitely a beast. Matthew Jones sounds like a Buckeye lock, but he might actually play on offense, even listing center as a possibility. It's never a bad thing to have an aggressive, nasty dude to snap the ball.

I think Jones starts off at OG if he ends up here, that could allow them to take a wild card DL in this class, since Kradel who people thought as a lock decided to stay home at Pitt, Jones would take his spot at OG

Chatfield is a DE/LB type, I think he took the spot that people thought may have gone to Chris Oats.

Cincinnati ultimately reaps the benefits from this as they are likely to land Oats and DT Aeneas Hawkins now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones starts off at OG if he ends up here, that could allow them to take a wild card DL in this class, since Kradel who people thought as a lock decided to stay home at Pitt, Jones would take his spot at OG

Chatfield is a DE/LB type, I think he took the spot that people thought may have gone to Chris Oats.

Cincinnati ultimately reaps the benefits from this as they are likely to land Oats and DT Aeneas Hawkins now.
Yeah I saw that, works for me. I'm not sure what to think about Chatfield. I'm going to guess this means Mitchell is heading to FSU, which sucks because Jeremy Birmingham had a podcast earlier this week saying he has been hearing Mitchell would be a Buckeye.

And you're right about Jones, he'll start as a G and probably transition over later on in his career. I love that kid, and honestly hope someone else emerges on the OL so he can stay as a tackle. He's that good.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that, works for me. I'm not sure what to think about Chatfield. I'm going to guess this means Mitchell is heading to FSU, which sucks because Jeremy Birmingham had a podcast earlier this week saying he has been hearing Mitchell would be a Buckeye.

And you're right about Jones, he'll start as a G and probably transition over later on in his career. I love that kid, and honestly hope someone else emerges on the OL so he can stay as a tackle. He's that good.

I don't think Chatfield has anything to do with Mitchell, like I said Chatfield likely boots the in state guy Oats out of the class. I feel Mitchell chooses FSU, but I would not be shocked if he ended up going with OSU.

If Mitchell chooses FSU we likely end up with Michael Harris, who's shot up and will continue to shoot up in the rankings

Michael Harris, Tucker, Inside Linebacker

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Chatfield has anything to do with Mitchell, like I said Chatfield likely boots the in state guy Oats out of the class. I feel Mitchell chooses FSU, but I would not be shocked if he ended up going with OSU.

If Mitchell chooses FSU we likely end up with Michael Harris, who's shot up and will continue to shoot up in the rankings

Michael Harris, Tucker, Inside Linebacker
Yeah I've seen that Harris kid moving up. That wouldn't be a bad fallback, he's a hell of an athlete.

I'm not upset about losing too many of the in-state kids, as it seems like it's only gonna help Fickell down in Cincy. As long as we end up with Carman, Tyreke Smith and Blue Smith to go along with Gill and Gant, I'll be thrilled.

We need to save room for Zamir White, Parsons, Cook, Campbell, Mitchell, Babb, Matt Jones, Tuliaupupu (who is evidently a very real possibility), Ruckert, and Silvera. Our current numbers will allow for all of these kids along with 1-3 more if we want to.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've seen that Harris kid moving up. That wouldn't be a bad fallback, he's a hell of an athlete.

I'm not upset about losing too many of the in-state kids, as it seems like it's only gonna help Fickell down in Cincy. As long as we end up with Carman, Tyreke Smith and Blue Smith to go along with Gill and Gant, I'll be thrilled.

We need to save room for Zamir White, Parsons, Cook, Campbell, Mitchell, Babb, Matt Jones, Tuliaupupu (who is evidently a very real possibility), Ruckert, and Silvera. Our current numbers will allow for all of these kids along with 1-3 more if we want to.

I'd say we do end up with Carman and both Smiths

The in-state player I hate to see go most is Xavier Peters, tremendous athlete at OLB, think he's pretty underrated, looks like he is gonna end up at Kentucky. I'd much rather these type of guys end up at Cincy or UK than Penn State or Sparty though.

Parsons, Babb, Ruckert & Jones look like heavy OSU leans at the moment. Unless something significant change we at minimum end up with those 4 our of that group.