• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial '2015 Tennessee Volunteers' Football Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's still a three man competition between Colton Jumper, Darrin Kirkland, and Kenny Bynum. I tell you what Darrin Kirkland did some things tonight (Monday) that you just can't coach," defensive coordinator John Jancek said. "We will get in there and watch the film and see where we all are. They have all been getting the reps. They are getting the looks that they need. We know that we are going to have to settle in here when we get back on Thursday. We can't share three guys with reps. We will know a little bit more after we watch tonight's film. We did a lot of football tonight and Darrin really jumped out."

As for what Kirkland showed, a smiling Jancek said it was just his awareness.

"Just instinctive things where he slipped a block. He's not robotic," Jancek said. "He understands concepts and makes plays with maybe not exactly how it's drawn up. It never unfolds exactly how you think as a coach so you want those players in there that can maybe slip a block a certain way. Kind of like a Reeves-Maybin. You just gotta feel the leverage on the ball. Can I take the run thru? Can I not? Do I have to play a little bit more over the top? Those were the things that I saw tonight. And he has the athleticism and quickness as an interior blitzer that will give some offensive linemen some problems."
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://t.co/LOrH5wYiScwYiSc

The Tennessee Vols have recruited very well under coach Butch Jones, and as such the Vols are a popular pick in many preseason top 25 polls for the upcoming 2015 season.

Tennessee is still a very young team, and may still be a year away from contending for any type of championship, but the Vols are also a trendy pick to win the Eastern Division this season.

The latest national analyst to pick the Vols to win the division is ESPN's Jesse Palmer. The former Florida quarterback was on the Paul Finebaum radio show on Friday, and Palmer said he thinks Tennessee will win the division.

"One team I'm really excited to watch that I think can make a lot of noise is Tennessee," Palmer said. "I think the X-factor that Tennessee has this year is Joshua Dobbs at quarterback. He's probably the best quarterback on their schedule. He'll be the best quarterback on the field each and every game Tennessee plays.

"There are a lot of players returning, a lot of key players returning at different positions. The offensive line, obviously, was a concern a year ago, they gave up the most sacks in the conference, but all five guys come back. With Joshua Dobbs' running ability, he can sometimes counteract some of that poor pass protection.

"Tennessee is a team that I think is going to win the SEC East. I think this is the year they do it for the first time since 2007, and then we'll see what happens after that. I'm really excited to watch the Vols this year with Joshua Dobbs under center."