• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2012 College World Series Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance:

Whether or not Heyer comes back next year, I think Konner Wade may end up being Arizona's ace, or at worst a 1a. He's really found his stride this post season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see a broad streaking.

Or not see.

Did they say she was streaking on TV?

If so she wasn't, she was fully clothed wearing a pinkish skirt and halter top type shirt.

She came out of the outfield down the third base line, past the third baseman (who got out of her way) and tried to hug the third base coach. He dodged her and she tried to hug some other folks by the dugout when security finally nabbed her. I thought they were slow to react.

I saw her outside a bit later as the cops were turning her over (ticket in hand) to what was probably her boyfriend. She was drunk and she and her boyfriend were high fiving as they were walking away.

I'd give her a 4 out of ten.

Blonde
Early 20's
Big Butt
Nothing special in the face

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Game 1

Arizona played the park like it has to be played. I know they got the Bot 1st homer, but they flat out won with solid small ball batting 2nd - 8th innings. Most of what they hit went over the SC infielders heads and dropped 20-30 feet in front of the outfielders for base hits. SC kept trying to gorilla ball it and that doesn't work in TD Ameritrade. That was the difference.

Basically what Darkstone's been saying all along about AZ batting.

Early on, I think 2nd or 3rd. SC really screwed themselves out of at least one run (w/ no or 1 out) trying to get 2 bases and the runner got gunned down at 3rd base. They were playing too agressive. If they would have held him up at 2nd the next batter got a sac fly and that would have advanced him to 3rd with just the one out and there was a base hit after that that would have pushed 2 home.

Hindsight I guess...But SC was too tight, too aggressive and really never in the game after that.

Solid win for AZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SC wins with Roth tomorrow night (I won't be there :(), forcing game three Tuesday night (and I will be there :)).

Mo_Cutter

'Member 34-13, Taters?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't have my phone out atm. :L

605379890.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Game 1

Arizona played the park like it has to be played. I know they got the Bot 1st homer, but they flat out won with solid small ball batting 2nd - 8th innings. Most of what they hit went over the SC infielders heads and dropped 20-30 feet in front of the outfielders for base hits. SC kept trying to gorilla ball it and that doesn't work in TD Ameritrade. That was the difference.

Basically what Darkstone's been saying all along about AZ batting.

Early on, I think 2nd or 3rd. SC really screwed themselves out of at least one run (w/ no or 1 out) trying to get 2 bases and the runner got gunned down at 3rd base. They were playing too agressive. If they would have held him up at 2nd the next batter got a sac fly and that would have advanced him to 3rd with just the one out and there was a base hit after that that would have pushed 2 home.

Hindsight I guess...But SC was too tight, too aggressive and really never in the game after that.

Solid win for AZ

They don't hit a lot of home runs because they hit line drives at an uncanny rate. But line drives turn into base hits 75% of the time according to most batted ball studies, and that's why everyone in that lineup has a high batting average and they can score runs with such regularity, regardless of the quality of pitching.

Today's game makes me a little nervous, because Roth is a heck of a pitcher, and if he's able to shut down Arizona, and they lose for the first time this post season, I have to wonder what it will do to them for the last game.

Of course, from what I've seen, all Arizona needs to do is keep it close, because they've come through with the big hit in the big spot about 90% of the time so far. I do, however, think the whole title series hinges on today's game, so they best come to play.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they say she was streaking on TV?

If so she wasn't, she was fully clothed wearing a pinkish skirt and halter top type shirt.

She came out of the outfield down the third base line, past the third baseman (who got out of her way) and tried to hug the third base coach. He dodged her and she tried to hug some other folks by the dugout when security finally nabbed her. I thought they were slow to react.

I saw her outside a bit later as the cops were turning her over (ticket in hand) to what was probably her boyfriend. She was drunk and she and her boyfriend were high fiving as they were walking away.

I'd give her a 4 out of ten.

Blonde
Early 20's
Big Butt
Nothing special in the face

College-World-Series-Streaker.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2