• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Graham is leaving

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few days ago I saw reports that Patterson turned down the oppourtunity as UTs next AD. Today I see that those discussions were far from done and that he's the top candidate. They're offering much more than ASU can and I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end. Patterson was instrumental in bringing Graham on at ASU and he will bring him to UT as well. A lot needs to happen but it just fits too perfectly.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few days ago I saw reports that Patterson turned down the oppourtunity as UTs next AD. Today I see that those discussions were far from done and that he's the top candidate. They're offering much more than ASU can and I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end. Patterson was instrumental in bringing Graham on at ASU and he will bring him to UT as well. A lot needs to happen but it just fits too perfectly.

Well you know, Texas has always been Todd Graham's "real" dream job, right. I mean, isn't that what he says everywhere he goes?

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Patterson be able to convince Texas boosters that Graham is the guy for the job? They want a big name coach, and if that doesn't happen Art Briles. If Graham leaves they need to try to keep as much of the staff as they can and promote Norvell to coach.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would Texas want Graham?

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Patterson be able to convince Texas boosters that Graham is the guy for the job? They want a big name coach, and if that doesn't happen Art Briles. If Graham leaves they need to try to keep as much of the staff as they can and promote Norvell to coach.

You absolutely try to get the big names first.. But is Saban really going to leave? Sumlin? Miles? Spurrier? Patterson? Gruden? Etc?

Graham is one of 20 right now. But it really all depends on how much Patterson believes in Graham. I have a feeling he can sell him very well.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You absolutely try to get the big names first.. But is Saban really going to leave? Sumlin? Miles? Spurrier? Patterson? Gruden? Etc?

Graham is one of 20 right now. But it really all depends on how much Patterson believes in Graham. I have a feeling he can sell him very well.

One thing going in our favor is Patterson wasn't the guy who sought out Graham. Graham was found by an outside service hired by Crow. Patterson was lobbying hard to the boosters for June Jones.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Colangelo is our guy..

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown isn't going any where just yet so calm down WhoDatDevil.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fucking believe this shit above. CTG is here to stay.. If he leaves in the next year or so. I am going to crawl under a rock.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson made an agreement with Crow that he cannot hire any ASU employees.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown isn't going any where just yet so calm down WhoDatDevil.

You might be right. If anywhere has a tenured coach, UT is probably the one. But this year started pretty badly for him, and depending on how it ends, he might remove himself on any perceived hotseat in Austin. But if he doesn't get back into the BCS picture on a regular basis, with all that UT has going for it, they might look elsewhere. Bringing in a new AD might unseat the powers loyal to Brown. Kind of the same way as Rick Barnes, for basketball. Brown came a long way from the beginning of the season. In early September, it looked pretty bad in Austin. But I guess it just goes to show that he might not be as untouchable as some would think. The past few years of 8-4, 7-5, 5-7 are pretty weak, especially if he had followed it up with more of the same, this year. Again, he looks like he pulled out of the mess at the beginning (the OK win was obviously crucial), but he finishes up against three ranked teams. If he loses those, it's another 7-5 season for him, and you have to ask -with a new AD- how many more of those does he get?

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Steve a nice departure. It was a fun short ride.

Patterson made an agreement with Crow that he cannot hire any ASU employees.

CTG continues on............