• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today's tailgate menus

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep that in mind the next time I have to reload at the liquor store. Typically stick with bourbon for myself or tequila, rum and vodka when we have guests since not many like bourbon (at least not without coke and I prefer it neat).

If you decide to dive in. Use Absolute Peppar.

98.jpg

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a good excuse for an upgrade.

Very true!

It's been so long since I bought one, when would be the time to get a good deal? Probably wouldn't use it until next spring/summer, but if they drop prices this fall, I'd jump on a good deal.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Wallace and I are BBQ some fish tonight. Prolly salmon and some sort of beef.

Grapeshine and Rainier beer.

Lots of hippie lettuce I spose.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bourbon, one scotch & one beer:noidea:?

Scotch is another one I need to buy again.

I'll be switching to bourbon around noon time. I have a bottle of VERY OLD BARTON'S to polish off.

And you're a much better host than I am. If you come to my house, you better bring your own booze.

Haha! Yeah, I typically provide for our guests, but it's typically only a handful of friend and their families, not the 100+ parties I'd throw in college. I'd provide the kegs then, but the liquor was for me, my roommates, and very close friends.

If you decide to dive in. Use Absolute Peppar.

98.jpg

Will do. Love spicy foods, so we'll see if I enjoy a spicy drink.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Wallace and I are BBQ some fish tonight. Prolly salmon and some sort of beef.

Grapeshine and Rainier beer.

Lots of hippie lettuce I spose.

Now shine is what I could hook you up with....considering I'm from the Moonshine Capital of the World (I know Jeffro is as well). Been mixing it with my own recipe since I was 5. Never made it myself :whistle:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't drink anything but coffee right now. I have to go deliver some firewood to a buddy that's camping at a local reservoir.

I stopped by there last night and watched him pay some dude $20 for about 15 pieces. :L

I was like :wtf: "Don't buy any more. I'll bring you some tomorrow"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone have a shot & a beer for me today.

Thank you!

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homemade chips and salsa and Corona for lunch, BBQ ribs, grilled corn on the cob, baked beans and Blue Moon for supper.

Then if still conscious, top it all off with Knob Creek.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true!

It's been so long since I bought one, when would be the time to get a good deal? Probably wouldn't use it until next spring/summer, but if they drop prices this fall, I'd jump on a good deal.

Around here the best time to buy a nice outdoor appliance like that is the dead of winter after Christmas because they're getting new stock in and trying to clear the old.

Try to buy the floor model and you can get even more off. Make them a reasonable "break even" offer and stick to your guns. Ask to talk to a manager if you don't get anywhere with a floor salesman who's negotiating his commission.

I got an awesome Sears Kenmore stainless steel grill ($2200 retail) a few years ago for $1200 in early January.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't drink anything but coffee right now. I have to go deliver some firewood to a buddy that's camping at a local reservoir.

I stopped by there last night and watched him pay some dude $20 for about 15 pieces. :L

I was like :wtf: "Don't buy any more. I'll bring you some tomorrow"

That's crazy! I would always bring my own when I camped because they can price gouge you since you're already there. Or just bring you own hatchet.

Someone have a shot & a beer for me today.

Thank you!

No problem :suds:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is my next purchase. I want to try it.

That stuff was made for bloody Mary's. A bartender at a restaurant turned me on to it when we were waiting for our table.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy! I would always bring my own when I camped because they can price gouge you since you're already there. Or just bring you own hatchet.

No problem :suds:

:drink:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homemade chips and salsa and Corona for lunch, BBQ ribs, grilled corn on the cob, baked beans and Blue Moon for supper.

Then if still conscious, top it all off with Knob Creek.

That's some good stuff.

Around here the best time to buy a nice outdoor appliance like that is the dead of winter after Christmas because they're getting new stock in and trying to clear the old.

Try to buy the floor model and you can get even more off. Make them a reasonable "break even" offer and stick to your guns. Ask to talk to a manager if you don't get anywhere with a floor salesman who's negotiating his commission.

I got an awesome Sears Kenmore stainless steel grill ($2200 retail) a few years ago for $1200 in early January.

Sounds good. I picked up a floor model for my grill a few years ago a well. Hell, it was already put together AND got it for a discount. Don't know why people don't try to get floor models more often.

Will be on the lookout late December and early January.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IKR

I supplement the heat in my house with a wood burner in the winter.

I have a 20 Ton log splitter and my brother in law has a tree trimming/removal business so he dumps me a load of hard wood now and then.

Even if I sold firewood, he'd get an 8 foot pickup bed full for $120.

My buddy knows this too. I was like "Why didn't you just call me ya dumbshit? Ya could have stopped by the house and taken what you needed".

That dude selling firewood down there is making a killin' off suckers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. I picked up a floor model for my grill a few years ago a well. Hell, it was already put together AND got it for a discount. Don't know why people don't try to get floor models more often.

Will be on the lookout late December and early January.

haha. You already now the routine then.

Case out Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, and anyone else who sells smokers. Figure out what you want. Find out the wholesale value, and pounce on a floor model after Christmas.

I got my dual blower wood burner in May a few years ago. Retail was $1200, I got it for $400.

It was a floor model with a minor dent in the side. They needed a forklift to get it moved out to my pick-up.

I used that as a dickering tactic. The manager offered it for $800 and said "I'll just sell it next fall". I told the him "You're gonna have to move it back to the stock room for the summer anyway. You're not gonna let it take up space out here on the floor. I'll give you $400 right now"

He took it. :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. Crisis averted. :lol:

Realized I was out of Bloody Mary Mix, so I went to the store for some Zing Zangs and found some nice tuna steaks on sale.

Looks like sliders and nachos for lunch and then tuna steaks with rice for dinner. Just need to decide if the tuna steaks are going in the smoker or on the grill.

Just took my first sip of Bloody Mary, all is right with the world.