• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To Troll or Not to Troll.....is this a question?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, this isn't quite fantasy related, but kinda is fantasy related.

text chain started by the commish of a redraft I've been in for a few years. I'm friends with the commish and 1 or 2 of the guys, I know the rest of them but we really aren't friends. Only guy I don't know is the commish's uncle.

there's some VERY mild trash talk going on between a few of us, to which he replies (his 1st message on the chain):
'Can you all do this shit on your own time. I don't need my phone blowing up every fucking minute over this stupid shit'

so, in good fun, I reply:
'Found the guy who doesn't know how to turn text notifications off'

his response:
'It's Andy's uncle and u will beat your ass'
'I'
(yes, I included his typo, cause he's a dbag and it was funny)

so, not being one to let things slide (shocker, right?), I respond again:
'Andy's uncle into ass play. This is getting freaky, love this league!'
'I always thought the pegging team was John's this whole time'

here's where it gets fucking weird, imo

this dude calls me during dinner tonight and threatens to beat my ass (again), saying repeatedly to leave him out of everything.

and back to the question posed in the title....do I troll this loser all season long, or be the adult and just let it go?

I know the answer is always 'be the adult' (which is what the commish asked of me) but I'm seriously in a dilemma here, cause my desire to troll someone who got unreasonably aggressive for no reason is very high.

what say you, online fantasy brethren??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

text chain started by the commish of a redraft I've been in for a few years. I'm friends with the commish and 1 or 2 of the guys, I know the rest of them but we really aren't friends. Only guy I don't know is the commish's uncle.

there's some VERY mild trash talk going on between a few of us, to which he replies (his 1st message on the chain):
'Can you all do this shit on your own time. I don't need my phone blowing up every fucking minute over this stupid shit'

his response:
'I'

this dude calls me during dinner tonight and threatens to beat my ass (again), saying repeatedly to leave him out of everything.

and back to the question posed in the title....do I troll this loser all season long, or be the adult and just let it go?

I know the answer is always 'be the adult' (which is what the commish asked of me) but I'm seriously in a dilemma here, cause my desire to troll someone who got unreasonably aggressive for no reason is very high.

First off, I loathe group texts.

That said, this guy is begging to get fucked with.

He called you!?! Have you ever met this dude?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I loathe group texts.

That said, this guy is begging to get fucked with.

He called you!?! Have you ever met this dude?

nope, but my good friend (the commish), I've known since I was a little kid. spent the night at this house multiple times. we've literally grew up together, experimented with drugs and alcohol together, the full works. I met my now wife for the 1st time in my life when we were playing video games in his basement. I know his parents extremely well - the dbag's older brother would be my friend's dad.

humble brag time: at our grade school, I'm the most decorated male track athlete of all-time, my buddy's little sister is the most decorated female track athlete of all-time.

like, he's one of my very few REALLY good friends, which is the only reason I'm even hesitating going full throttle troll on this dude's ass

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his response:
'I'

Troll him? I'd have told him to check his fucking tone unless he wants me to curbstomp his ass

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll him? I'd have told him to check his fucking tone unless he wants me to curbstomp his ass

lol, I usually laugh at people that say "they're going to beat someone's ass"

I'm not a big dude and definitely not a fighter, but my friends that can thump NEVER make threats, cause they finish shit, they don't start it.

that's why i know his threats are hollow, no one that actually can fight flips out over a text convo that wasn't even bad or mean

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I usually laugh at people that say "they're going to beat someone's ass"

I'm not a big dude and definitely not a fighter, but my friends that can thump NEVER make threats, cause they finish shit, they don't start it.

that's why i know his threats are hollow, no one that actually can fight flips out over a text convo that wasn't even bad or mean

See, you're missing out on a grand opportunity to put on a full display of badassery with this guy. Give him the Liam Neesen quote, that oughta put the fear a'God in him

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him a "lighten up, Francis" then drop it. Five years or so ago, I'd say keep eggin that pos on, dig deep and really get him going. Today, I don't have the energy, and MF'er be crazy out there today

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him a "lighten up, Francis" then drop it. Five years or so ago, I'd say keep eggin that pos on, dig deep and really get him going. Today, I don't have the energy, and MF'er be crazy out there today

Lighten up, Francis

and we found my new team name for this league!

thanks Treff, lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-8-27_7-51-4.png

HAHAHAHAHAHA

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go, now you mildly troll him every time he sees it, but your not actively inciting him..like it

it was tough to choose between a Sgt Hulka pic or Bill, but the pointing finger really sold me on that image

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his response:
'I'

Your strategy is to win...therefore, part of the strategy is get in a competitors' head. You are all in his head and you could affect is week to week head game. I say you just keep at it...he will end up with 4 wins and you can send him a selfie after holding up the trophy at the end of the year :yes:

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your strategy is to win...therefore, part of the strategy is get in a competitors' head. You are all in his head and you could affect is week to week head game. I say you just keep at it...he will end up with 4 wins and you can send him a selfie after holding up the trophy at the end of the year :yes:
I believe Sun Tzu said, in 'The Art of War', that "Trolling your enemy with endless memes as a way to throw off their mental balance is a top 1% move, especially in regards to fantasy football group chats".

Maybe it was Napoleon, though.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can kick his ass, then totally troll him. If he would wash you, then tread carefully.... but still troll him.

we've never met
we live in different states
the dedication on his end to kick my ass would be INTENSE, lol

I've thought it through, even if he did show up at my house and kick my ass some random day, it would make one hilarious story to tell.
Not quite as funny would be the life ruining consequences of his actions, since I believe he has a family and is a catholic school teacher.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've never met

I've thought it through, even if he did show up at my house and kick my ass some random day, it would make one hilarious story to tell.
Not quite as funny would be the life ruining consequences of his actions, since I believe he has a family and is a catholic school teacher.
Wait wait wait... he's a Catholic school teacher? That 'butt-play' comment must have REALLY hit home for ol' boy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've never met

He sounds like such a good guy

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.
Just remembered. You moved to TN.
Is "uncle" back in MO?

Thats one heck of a commute for a figurative Red Foreman swift kick.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.
Just remembered. You moved to TN.
Is "uncle" back in MO?

Thats one heck of a commute for a figurative Red Foreman swift kick.

he's from granite city, IL, home of the steel refineries and weird fumes/smells in the air

lives in tampa as a catholic school teacher now.

either way, he'd be the most dedicated angry person if he figures out where I live and actually shows up.
but if the internet has taught me anything, never underestimate Florida Man!!!