• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: TNF Chefs @ Chargirls

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That man's gonna have nightmares tonight...
Mean Girls Nod GIF by filmeditor

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers: the Team is fired up, you play a solid game, leave many easy points away from scoreboard, and Chargers coach defending his position in the presser. Not much else to say.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers: the Team is fired up, you play a solid game, leave many easy points away from scoreboard, and Chargers coach defending his position in the presser. Not much else to say.

He can't be serious. This is a perfect situation for Staley to say "I fucked up. This is on me" Instead he's:

whatever-southpark.gif

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s one thing to keep going for it on 4th down but it’s quite another when you have no good plays called for it. The weak plays on every 4th down attempt by the Chargers was astonishingly bad

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of going for 4th downs, seems to work more than it does not. IMO it was the execution and not the decision.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for it on 4th down is a gamble. This game was too valuable for the Chargers to gamble away. I think the Chargers looked like the better team until their defense got tired at the end. Chris Jones wasn't playing and the Chiefs couldn't get pressure and had to sell out on the run.

When you are up by 4 you should kick the FG almost every time imo to get to 7.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for it on 4th down is a gamble. This game was too valuable for the Chargers to gamble away. I think the Chargers looked like the better team until their defense got tired at the end. Chris Jones wasn't playing and the Chiefs couldn't get pressure and had to sell out on the run.

When you are up by 4 you should kick the FG almost every time imo to get to 7.
Yeah, if the coach woulda got past his ego and "analytics" I'm pretty sure the Chargers woulda won this game. Chances are against them winning the division...not that that upsets me...:D

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my eyes, the Chiefs are the clear favorite in the AFC.

They have a tough remaining schedule, so they really need the Colts to beat the Pats tomorrow night. They need to avoid a trip to Foxboro.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my eyes, the Chiefs are the clear favorite in the AFC.

They have a tough remaining schedule, so they really need the Colts to beat the Pats tomorrow night. They need to avoid a trip to Foxboro.
My read on the AFC is that its going to come down to whoever is healthiest when the playoffs start. I think when healthy, Tennessee has the best roster but they are almost certainly going to be missing key pieces. The Chiefs and Bills are pretty close to the same team. Chiefs are a little better in the trenches and run game but Allen has been a little better than Mahomes this year. Chargers have all of the pieces but they lack consistency and a home field advantage. Id group them like Arizona in many regards. Bengals are probably in the same boat.

The thing about the Patriots is that their defense is the best unit - offense or defense - of any unit in the AFC. If they lose then it will be because another team will play 'bend but dont break' against them and Mac Jones will eventually show up as the weak link. I do think other AFC teams will be able to limit the Pats offense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see this Chiefs defense over the last 3 games healthy. They have looked quite compelling at times over the win streak… though they are tragically thin at certain positions. Needs to be healthy for a SB run, imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see this Chiefs defense over the last 3 games healthy. They have looked quite compelling at times over the win streak… though they are tragically thin at certain positions. Needs to be healthy for a SB run, imo.
Chris Jones seems like the key piece. If he is in the middle then that seems to unlock Clark and Ingram. I really like Bolton in Spags scheme because he has great instincts. Likewise it seems that teams target him thinking they have a mismatch and the more defensive players you have that can pressure the QB the better a LB like that.

It does seem like the Chiefs are always missing 1-3 CBs.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we had an upgrade over Hitchens and Neiman...

Plus an upgrade for the #2receiver in our offense. Mecole ain't there yet, and who knows what'll happen with Josh Gordon...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we had an upgrade over Hitchens and Neiman...

Plus an upgrade for the #2receiver in our offense. Mecole ain't there yet, and who knows what'll happen with Josh Gordon...

If the past is an indication of the future for Gordon he'll be getting suspended again.

Just a same his inner demons have gotten the better of him.

Very talented wr when he's on the field.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one FG that absolutely should have been kicked was the Chargers right before the half. I think the other 4 the Chargers went for and the one the Chiefs went for are fine for the most part. I think it could have been argued that the Chiefs taking the FG would have led them to getting the lead so that one I think you can go either way on at that point in the game.

Everyone knows the Chargers are going for it on 4th down, though. When teams prep for the Chargers, they are going to spend more time on situational football because they know it will come up. I'm going to be curious to see if they start loosing their advantage for going for it over time as more people gameplan against them.