• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans Get Good Grades From Many Publications & Writers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true but what was their biggest need?

They could've stayed at 15, drafted Conklin (or Decker if Conklin was gone) and saved 2 valuable draft picks. The Titans need far more than just a right tackle, and throwing picks away just because you have a bunch is wasteful.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could've stayed at 15, drafted Conklin (or Decker if Conklin was gone) and saved 2 valuable draft picks. The Titans need far more than just a right tackle, and throwing picks away just because you have a bunch is wasteful.

Well no one said they were particularly bright

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no one said they were particularly bright

Giants were picking Conklin at 10 and were avoiding Tunsil just like Baltimore Tennessee were thats why the Titans got him at #8.

Our GM was groomed in New England so if he is dumb he got it there

Finally Tennessee is not like Cleveland,Buffalo,Jacksonville,St. Louis,Oakland,Detroit,etc. The last three or four years have been fucked up but the Titans do have one of the league's best young QB's and things are gonna pick back up.

2014 and 2015 were very tough years but the team drafted a franchise QB one year and the next traded a number one pick for a shitload of picks if you ask me that was bright and the right thing to do.

From their first year 1999 through 2013 their first fifteen years they only had losing seasons in 2001,2004,2005,2010,2012 and 2013. The Titans from 1999-2008 their first ten years were in the top ten winningest teams.

2012 is when the team hit a brick wall mainly due to drafting a bust at QB Jake Locker. From 2012 through 2015 the team struggled due to lack of a quality starting QB. But with the recent drafting of QB Marcus Mariota as well as a bounty of draft picks including six picks in the top 76 the team should rebound. Also they have two first round picks for next year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants were picking Conklin at 10 and were avoiding Tunsil just like Baltimore Tennessee were thats why the Titans got him at #8.

Our GM was groomed in New England so if he is dumb he got it there

Finally Tennessee is not like Cleveland,Buffalo,Jacksonville,St. Louis,Oakland,Detroit,etc. The last three or four years have been fucked up but the Titans do have one of the league's best young QB's and things are gonna pick back up.

2014 and 2015 were very tough years but the team drafted a franchise QB one year and the next traded a number one pick for a shitload of picks if you ask me that was bright and the right thing to do.

From their first year 1999 through 2013 their first fifteen years they only had losing seasons in 2001,2004,2005,2010,2012 and 2013. The Titans from 1999-2008 their first ten years were in the top ten winningest teams.

2012 is when the team hit a brick wall mainly due to drafting a bust at QB Jake Locker. From 2012 through 2015 the team struggled due to lack of a quality starting QB. But with the recent drafting of QB Marcus Mariota as well as a bounty of draft picks including six picks in the top 76 the team should rebound. Also they have two first round picks for next year.

They really screwed that up.

Give up the Rams third to get up for Tunsil. Better player for a lesser trade up price.

They gave up way too much to get to 8.

Then they took a backup RB and a 24 year old rookie 43 DE in round...when they run a 34......

i hate this franchise.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial thoughts on the Titans 2016 NFL DRAFT

I think Robinson had a pretty good first draft as new GM. The Mr. Irrelevant pick Kalan Reed i was looking at highlights on youtube and there were quite a few comments from fans of other teams that liked him and thought he should've went much lower. He was the 3rd best in coverage in college football by PFF according to one commenter. How did teams overlook this guy.

Sebastian Tretola
the guard out of Arkansas i love his attitude he basically says he is tough,nasty and gonna go to the final whistle so this sixth rounder for all we know could end up being Warmack's replacement possibly.

Tajae Sharpe the WR out of UMass could end up being a big steal. Robinson said he had his eyes on Sharpe for a good while since he was in Tampa and said he is very dependable can get open and has great hands to catch anything. Robinson seemed happy he was still there on the board. Kevin Byard was very happy to get picked by the Titans and seems like a really talent CB and has a rep as a ball hawk. Saw a few comments where a few Ravens fans months back said they wanted Byard and he reminded them of Reed so i'm very glad the Ravens missed out.

Austin Johnson has potential to be really good. Jack Conklin i wanted so that turned out good i think he will be a long term lineman here and if Taylor Lewan stays healthy i think our line could be really improved.

Didnt know much at all on LB Kevin Dodd but my hope is he becomes a good pass rusher for us and there were numerous fans of other teams wanting him so he seems like he has the potential to be really good.

Finally RB Derrick Henry i'm trying to warm up to this pick but my fear is unless the blocking is good then he will be one of those type of backs that ends up consistently being tackled behind the line of scrimmage. I could see us drafting a fast shifty back so the team would have two different type of backs but i was very puzzled when i first saw the Henry pick. I would love to get Fournette next year but that probably won't happen. With us having other needs i didnt get drafting Henry but i really do hope he turns out to be something special.......

The quality of their picks seemed to be INDIRECTLY proportional to where they were drafted.

Moving up for Conklin when Spriggs fell to RD 2 was a MAJOR slip up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true but what was their biggest need?

Honestly. Talent.

IF I had to pick a position. Probably corner.

Tenn hasn't had 2 good CBs since Denard Walker had his one fluke good year (contract year) in like 2000 (same year Kenny Holmes had his one fluke year (also...a contract year).

RT was up there...but not at that price.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. Talent.

IF I had to pick a position. Probably corner.

Tenn hasn't had 2 good CBs since Denard Walker had his one fluke good year (contract year) in like 2000 (same year Kenny Holmes had his one fluke year (also...a contract year).

RT was up there...but not at that price.

honesty! I like it!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalan Reed looked like trash in the game I watched. Just because you rack up great stats against nobody teams doesn't make you a steal. I very much disagree with PFF on that analysis.

PFF is the worst. They once claimed Dominic Raiola was the best C in the NFL. He was out of the league a few months later

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF is the worst. They once claimed Dominic Raiola was the best C in the NFL. He was out of the league a few months later

Sometimes, trying to put point values on positional play just distorts things.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he mean, talent-wise, no?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans started with the #1 pick but after trading down with the Rams then up with the Browns they ended up with #2 pick value. Then they over-drafted. Sure, they got better, but with that amount of Draft capital they should have gotten much better. They're now further behind the Jaguars.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's his name from ESPN (Last night who was on with the HOT Lyndsy Czarniak) had the Titans making the play-offs!