• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tired of the negativity in Sports Media

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys, but I see a ton of great stories out there in MLB. There are a bunch of up and coming future stars arriving on the scene. I want to hear about guys like Yaisel Puig and Jurickson Profar, or the young aces like Shelby Miller, Matt Harvey and Matt Moore instead of getting the seemingly hourly updates on the Braun/Aroid saga.

When the news broke, it was important to get it out, but I can't stand how our society continues to harp on the negative when there is so much positive to celebrate.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. A little conversation about the amazing amount of young players in the game this year is a welcome thing.

Gyorko, Arenado, Segura, Franklin, Cingrani, Wacha, Gausman, Cole, Skaggs, Wheeler (soon), Gregoruis, Ozuna...with Myers, Taveras, Hamilton, Yelich waiting for their chance.

Wow. :yahoo:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys, but I see a ton of great stories out there in MLB. There are a bunch of up and coming future stars arriving on the scene. I want to hear about guys like Yaisel Puig and Jurickson Profar, or the young aces like Shelby Miller, Matt Harvey and Matt Moore instead of getting the seemingly hourly updates on the Braun/Aroid saga.

When the news broke, it was important to get it out, but I can't stand how our society continues to harp on the negative when there is so much positive to celebrate.

I dunno if you follow wrestling but Eric Bischoff wrote a book and the title of the book is one of the truest statements in our society today.

Controversy Creates Cash

The media focuses on the negative because it sells.

Don't blame the media. Blame their customer. If we would stop buying it, they would stop selling it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if you follow wrestling but Eric Bischoff wrote a book and the title of the book is one of the truest statements in our society today.

Controversy Creates Cash

Don't blame the media. Blame their customer. If we would stop buying it, they would stop selling it.

Very true. Kind of sad though, don't you think?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am showing my age when I say that I think things used to be better before. I think I would trade my I Pod & I Pad to be able to deal with people who had common sense, back when having sense was still common.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree that the majority of main stream sports media seems to push more negative storylines than positive ones. Ironic that they do the same thing in most forms of media in this era..

Another young and exciting player out there that will be making his big league debut tomorrow is Gerrit Cole

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, it comes to the known vs the unknown.

Braun and ARod are known quantities. Their fall from grace is more attention-getting than talking about kids like Puig, Trout, Harper, Machado, etc.

There is a LOT to be excited about in the game, though. Other than those guys, you have Hamilton, Cespedes, Posey, Chapman, Harvey, etc who are all 26 or younger and already making huge names for themselves in the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, it comes to the known vs the unknown.

Braun and ARod are known quantities. Their fall from grace is more attention-getting than talking about kids like Puig, Trout, Harper, Machado, etc.

There is a LOT to be excited about in the game, though. Other than those guys, you have Hamilton, Cespedes, Posey, Chapman, Harvey, etc who are all 26 or younger and already making huge names for themselves in the game.

It really is a fun time to be a fan if you can get past the scandalous stuff.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Controversy Creates Cash

True. I don't care a hoot about it myself. I just celebrate what is great about the game. And there is plenty. The game is a true companion day in and day out, unlike any other sport. If you cannot find anything to interest you, watch soaps. Or ****s. Or something. But if you are addicted to sensationalism, watch TMZ or subscribe to the National Enquirer.