• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Tigers visit still hopefull Rangers, 8/14-8/16

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad night. Entertaining all around

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Gallo slugged his ninth home run of August in the Rangers’ win over the Tigers on Tuesday. Gallo, who doesn’t turn 24 years old until November, is the third player in major-league history to homer nine times in the first 15 days of a month at age 23 or younger, joining Joe DiMaggio (9 in June 1937) and Harmon Killebrew (9 in May 1959).

Elias Says: Aug. 16, 2017

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't completely given up on this team. It looks like Gallo is starting to figure it out and Hamels is pitching like a true ace. Griffin has made losing Darvish not a big deal. I know that sounds crazy, but this team just didn't play well when Darvish pitched. It almost seems like the lineup relaxed too much or " took the night off" when he pitched.

We have 44 games left. 2 back in the wild card. A lot of teams in between us tho.

With that said, we have 4 games with the white Sox, 10 against the A's, and 3 against Atlanta. Those are all bottom feeders. Will we win them all? No, but if we could go 10-7 or 11-6 against those guys that would be pretty good.

We also have games left against the main competition right now The Yankees and angels are in control of the 2 wild card spots. We have a total of 10 games left against those 2 teams.

We also have 6 against the Astros, but we've played decently against them this year.

Let's finish up the sweep and put Detroit out of their misery. We have Hamels going up against Sanchez tonight. Sanchez has an era over 6.00, we should get some runs for sure, but I've seen those guys shut us down before.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't completely given up on this team. It looks like Gallo is starting to figure it out and Hamels is pitching like a true ace. Griffin has made losing Darvish not a big deal. I know that sounds crazy, but this team just didn't play well when Darvish pitched. It almost seems like the lineup relaxed too much or " took the night off" when he pitched.

We have 44 games left. 2 back in the wild card. A lot of teams in between us tho.

With that said, we have 4 games with the white Sox, 10 against the A's, and 3 against Atlanta. Those are all bottom feeders. Will we win them all? No, but if we could go 10-7 or 11-6 against those guys that would be pretty good.

We also have games left against the main competition right now The Yankees and angels are in control of the 2 wild card spots. We have a total of 10 games left against those 2 teams.

We also have 6 against the Astros, but we've played decently against them this year.

Let's finish up the sweep and put Detroit out of their misery. We have Hamels going up against Sanchez tonight. Sanchez has an era over 6.00, we should get some runs for sure, but I've seen those guys shut us down before.
not ready to give up on them but the odds are not good. I think we would have to go 28-16 over the next 44 to make the wild card game and that would require the 7 teams ahead of us would have to all play no more than 4 games over or less than .500

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ready to give up on them but the odds are not good. I think we would have to go 28-16 over the next 44 to make the wild card game and that would require the 7 teams ahead of us would have to all play no more than 4 games over or less than .500

Just look at it a few games at a time.

Imagine how much better things would look if we win tonight and go 3 out of 4 or sweep the white Sox.

I know the white Sox usually give us trouble, but the games are at home and the Sox are really really bad. If this team has any aspirations of trying to do something, we will see some wins in the next few games.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at it a few games at a time.

Imagine how much better things would look if we win tonight and go 3 out of 4 or sweep the white Sox.

I know the white Sox usually give us trouble, but the games are at home and the Sox are really really bad. If this team has any aspirations of trying to do something, we will see some wins in the next few games.
We would just be disappointed again and not get past the ALDS. I would rather the front office didn't find fool's gold again and let it distract them from the need to rework/rebuild/retool this team.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would just be disappointed again and not get past the ALDS. I would rather the front office didn't find fool's gold again and let it distract them from the need to rework/rebuild/retool this team.
i think what you say here is true. This off-season we are facing having only having 1 quality starting pitcher and nothing else to depend on so we either rebuild the rotation with quality free agents or we go with medical rehabs and average inconsistent pitchers like Perez, Martinez & Griffin and go thru another inconsistent year in 2018. Offensively insert Gallo at 1st, resign Gomez and stick Calhoun in left.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Win the wildcard matchup and the likely opponent is the Astros.

We are 8-6 with them this year and I'd think we would do better against them then what we did in the ALDS last year.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win the wildcard matchup and the likely opponent is the Astros.

We are 8-6 with them this year and I'd think we would do better against them then what we did in the ALDS last year.

hard to do any worse. blown out in the first game and almost 20 men LOB in the second.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to do any worse. blown out in the first game and almost 20 men LOB in the second.

Yes.... I'm still mad that people gave me shit for wanting to avoid the jays and when we got the jays, I said they'd roll us and they did. I wasnt trolling or trying to be a jerk, I was just trying to warn people not to get their hopes up and prepare them for what was going to happen. Not one person said I was right either, they just shrugged it off and said we would of lost to any other team we faced, but I think we matched up much better with the Indians / Orioles.

As much as I don't like them, the jays seem to have our number. Long story short, I think we'd give the Astros a good fight and lose, but if we could get it to a game 5 in Houston anything could happen.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.... I'm still mad that people gave me shit for wanting to avoid the jays and when we got the jays, I said they'd roll us and they did. I wasnt trolling or trying to be a jerk, I was just trying to warn people not to get their hopes up and prepare them for what was going to happen. Not one person said I was right either, they just shrugged it off and said we would of lost to any other team we faced, but I think we matched up much better with the Indians / Orioles.

As much as I don't like them, the jays seem to have our number. Long story short, I think we'd give the Astros a good fight and lose, but if we could get it to a game 5 in Houston anything could happen.
You don't get to cherry pick the opponents. You ride the bull you draw. The Jays were favorites in Vegas but you can never finish a race until you start.

Two weeks ago you were not interested in the team and you saw nothing worth watching and here you are again.

By the way, you are on the wrong thread.