• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Thurs night football

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win tonight, we sweep Pittsburgh and beat Watson-less Cleveland..... Best record in the division. Book it!
Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucked. I thought the D was playing well after that first series.... Which is to be somewhat expected. Burrow was figuring some things out. That game was going to come down to the 4th quarter. But...... It's looking like the clock is pretty darn close to midnight for this season. It's hard to imagine Burrow making it back anytime soon and it's hard to imagine us winning more than 1 or 2 games without him.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda expect Joe will be back either next week or the one after. a sprained wrist doesn't take long to heal.

I'm curious to see what kind of game Browning will have. before his college injury, people thought he was going to be top notch, high pedigree and all. It would make a good Cinderella story. Can't say for sure he'll have a win next week, but dumber things have happened.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Joe B put that on himself, just trying to tough it out. the staff should have probably questioned him more thoroughly.

The problem is the gambling aspect. If he was effected at practice or receiving any type of extensive treatment it has to be reported.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fined is one thing, losing a draft pick is a whole other thing and that will be costly as hell.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, 0-3
I'll say this . Mixon has great hands. that dude is money when you throw it to him. I'm glad they reworked his contract. Those quick hitters are working too. I think they are done, but nothing to lose now except draft capital

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things noticed:

Thought Taylor did a great job of mixing in the run game early...and keeping it balanced. Mixon had a very nice night overall...and I thought the majority of the calls where balanced in so much that it wasn't just "run more" but getting the RB/OL set up in plays where they are successful. Only thing I noticed was the need to move Chase more as BMore was playing bubble coverage (1 under/1 over) on Chase all night long. Maybe they would have before Burrow's injury.

I thought, after the 1st drive, Lou brought more pressure for a few drives. This kept Lamar from being as mobile in the pocket and kept the passing game in check. Once he went back to 4 main rushers...too much time, too much room...and LJ picked them a part. DB's can't cover for 4-5-6 seconds on every play. As good as Hendrickson is (and Hubbard when healthy)...this team needs help in the pressure department. That doesn't mean all out blitzing, or even blitzing in general, often...but a bit more. The 4man rush just isn't getting it done when facing QB's that can move around in the pocket like CJ, LJ, etc...

Once again I feel the need to point out the lackadaisical attitude that Taylor displays in weeks 1-4 as not really part of the season...You simply can't rely on going 10-0 after a 1-3 or 1-2, or 0-3 starts. Again, injuries have played a key...but watching Burrow stand like a statue in weeks 1-3 while unleashing over 100 passing attempts is criminal. If there was more emphasis on the pre-season to get everyone as ready as possible...you likely would have guys in a better position to step up and help win games when others are out with injuries.

Lastly...Browning may throw the worst deep ball I've ever seen...it goes 50 yards high, and only 20 yards long....it's like he's trying to bring rain...

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the gambling aspect. If he was effected at practice or receiving any type of extensive treatment it has to be reported.
To me, I think it would be hard to prove that the Bengals knew something was wrong with his wrist. At this point, they have a deleted video that shows Burrow wearing something that doesn't look like much of a brace. It looks like it was described - Like an ipad accessory. Then, if you look at that last drive, Burrow fires a dart to Tyler Boyd on 3rd down to get them into the redzone. He's not making that throw with a seriously compromised wrist. A few plays later he is dumped on that wrist by Clowney and the next throw is when he screams. The Bengals story that he was hurt on the play with Clowney holds water in my opinion.

Now, if you want my opinion about reality..... I do think he hurt his wrist/arm, but I think he did it several weeks ago. I can't remember which game, but he had something going on with it enough that he was asked after the game and he said it was fine. Whether that had anything to do with that hand brace or glove is anyone's guess.... That could have just as easily been deleted because Burrow wasn't carrying a Surface and the Surface is the official tablet for the NFL.

The last point I'll make is that the injury report is pretty dumb. What constitutes an injury? Is Ja'Marr's back not still an injury? I imagine it still hurts. If anything, this will just make the Bengals do what the Patriots used to do - Just list Brady (Burrow in this case) as injured but probable ever damn week. I think New England did this for at least 2 years straight.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things noticed:

Thought Taylor did a great job of mixing in the run game early...and keeping it balanced. Mixon had a very nice night overall...and I thought the majority of the calls where balanced in so much that it wasn't just "run more" but getting the RB/OL set up in plays where they are successful. Only thing I noticed was the need to move Chase more as BMore was playing bubble coverage (1 under/1 over) on Chase all night long. Maybe they would have before Burrow's injury.

I thought, after the 1st drive, Lou brought more pressure for a few drives. This kept Lamar from being as mobile in the pocket and kept the passing game in check. Once he went back to 4 main rushers...too much time, too much room...and LJ picked them a part. DB's can't cover for 4-5-6 seconds on every play. As good as Hendrickson is (and Hubbard when healthy)...this team needs help in the pressure department. That doesn't mean all out blitzing, or even blitzing in general, often...but a bit more. The 4man rush just isn't getting it done when facing QB's that can move around in the pocket like CJ, LJ, etc...

Once again I feel the need to point out the lackadaisical attitude that Taylor displays in weeks 1-4 as not really part of the season...You simply can't rely on going 10-0 after a 1-3 or 1-2, or 0-3 starts. Again, injuries have played a key...but watching Burrow stand like a statue in weeks 1-3 while unleashing over 100 passing attempts is criminal. If there was more emphasis on the pre-season to get everyone as ready as possible...you likely would have guys in a better position to step up and help win games when others are out with injuries.

Lastly...Browning may throw the worst deep ball I've ever seen...it goes 50 yards high, and only 20 yards long....it's like he's trying to bring rain...
I thought the D was dialed in for a long stretch in that first half. Even that touchdown was fluky because it came on a tipped ball. And they basically shut down the running game which was a huge point of emphasis after the Texans game. After falling behind 14-10, getting jobbed with some bad PI calls and realizing that their offense was not going to be able to make up the 11 points they were down at half, it's hard to blame them for losing their edge a little.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I think it would be hard to prove that the Bengals knew something was wrong with his wrist. At this point, they have a deleted video that shows Burrow wearing something that doesn't look like much of a brace. It looks like it was described - Like an ipad accessory. Then, if you look at that last drive, Burrow fires a dart to Tyler Boyd on 3rd down to get them into the redzone. He's not making that throw with a seriously compromised wrist. A few plays later he is dumped on that wrist by Clowney and the next throw is when he screams. The Bengals story that he was hurt on the play with Clowney holds water in my opinion.

Now, if you want my opinion about reality..... I do think he hurt his wrist/arm, but I think he did it several weeks ago. I can't remember which game, but he had something going on with it enough that he was asked after the game and he said it was fine. Whether that had anything to do with that hand brace or glove is anyone's guess.... That could have just as easily been deleted because Burrow wasn't carrying a Surface and the Surface is the official tablet for the NFL.

The last point I'll make is that the injury report is pretty dumb. What constitutes an injury? Is Ja'Marr's back not still an injury? I imagine it still hurts. If anything, this will just make the Bengals do what the Patriots used to do - Just list Brady (Burrow in this case) as injured but probable ever damn week. I think New England did this for at least 2 years straight.
that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

yea... that's the ticket.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the D was dialed in for a long stretch in that first half. Even that touchdown was fluky because it came on a tipped ball. And they basically shut down the running game which was a huge point of emphasis after the Texans game. After falling behind 14-10, getting jobbed with some bad PI calls and realizing that their offense was not going to be able to make up the 11 points they were down at half, it's hard to blame them for losing their edge a little.
Agreed. Defense was doing well after the 1st drive..but they also brought more pressure. Not on every play, of course, but on some clear passing downs they had extra guys coming which didn't allow LJ to run around and buy time. He was running towards the sidelines often and throwing the ball away.

That went away after about 3-4 series...and they went back to rushing just 4 often...and it didn't work. That has been an issue with all mobile QB's against this defense...the contain is poor, and the rush isn't getting home with just 4. Against less mobile QB's, it works at a higher clip...but I think it's a major reason why we've seen some of the inconsistencies and struggles with guys getting wide open down field...it's not usually immediate, but after a scramble.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Defense was doing well after the 1st drive..but they also brought more pressure. Not on every play, of course, but on some clear passing downs they had extra guys coming which didn't allow LJ to run around and buy time. He was running towards the sidelines often and throwing the ball away.

That went away after about 3-4 series...and they went back to rushing just 4 often...and it didn't work. That has been an issue with all mobile QB's against this defense...the contain is poor, and the rush isn't getting home with just 4. Against less mobile QB's, it works at a higher clip...but I think it's a major reason why we've seen some of the inconsistencies and struggles with guys getting wide open down field...it's not usually immediate, but after a scramble.
Yeah, there has been some criticism of our DBs, but I think some of that is unfair. If you don't get a pass rush or you let a guy cleanly break the pocket, there is no way your DBs can keep up with receivers for that long. They desperately need an interior 3-tech that can rush the passer and they desperately need more from all of their edges aside from Trey. It would also help if Lou added some different simulated rushes or other pressure packages. The current vanilla stuff aint cutting it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there has been some criticism of our DBs, but I think some of that is unfair. If you don't get a pass rush or you let a guy cleanly break the pocket, there is no way your DBs can keep up with receivers for that long. They desperately need an interior 3-tech that can rush the passer and they desperately need more from all of their edges aside from Trey. It would also help if Lou added some different simulated rushes or other pressure packages. The current vanilla stuff aint cutting it.
yea, if it turns into a flag football drill, and you got all day, there's no reason the opposing QB can't complete a pass.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

At this time of the year every player in the league is less than 100 percent.

I think it comes down to wether a player is actively being treated at the facility and if it had any bearing on their practice schedule.

Florio was beating the drum on the Bengals possibly concealing an injury to Burrow's throwing hand earlier this week and Burrow leaves the game in the 1st half with a hand injury. If this is all coincidence it's bad luck

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time of the year every player in the league is less than 100 percent.

I think it comes down to wether a player is actively being treated at the facility and if it had any bearing on their practice schedule.

Florio was beating the drum on the Bengals possibly concealing an injury to Burrow's throwing hand earlier this week and Burrow leaves the game in the 1st half with a hand injury. If this is all coincidence it's bad luck
Yeah, I agree that it doesn't look good. But I do think it's hard to draw a line. I mean, Burrow ripped the nail from his hand against Buffalo. I'd be surprised if he didn't have it treated or taped up the next week while healing. Is that an injury? Probably not. So, there is some subjectivity to it.

As I mentioned before, I'm of the belief that there was some sort of issue that might have been a few weeks old at this point. And hell, maybe that's just how these things go.... He pushed it on a compromised tendon and it popped. I'm just not sure how a team could report on every ailment that arises. I like the designation of how much they practiced - That seems to be most telling for whether they will play, which is what the gamblers really need to know anyway.