• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Thurs night football

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I think it would be hard to prove that the Bengals knew something was wrong with his wrist. At this point, they have a deleted video that shows Burrow wearing something that doesn't look like much of a brace. It looks like it was described - Like an ipad accessory. Then, if you look at that last drive, Burrow fires a dart to Tyler Boyd on 3rd down to get them into the redzone. He's not making that throw with a seriously compromised wrist. A few plays later he is dumped on that wrist by Clowney and the next throw is when he screams. The Bengals story that he was hurt on the play with Clowney holds water in my opinion.

Now, if you want my opinion about reality..... I do think he hurt his wrist/arm, but I think he did it several weeks ago. I can't remember which game, but he had something going on with it enough that he was asked after the game and he said it was fine. Whether that had anything to do with that hand brace or glove is anyone's guess.... That could have just as easily been deleted because Burrow wasn't carrying a Surface and the Surface is the official tablet for the NFL.

The last point I'll make is that the injury report is pretty dumb. What constitutes an injury? Is Ja'Marr's back not still an injury? I imagine it still hurts. If anything, this will just make the Bengals do what the Patriots used to do - Just list Brady (Burrow in this case) as injured but probable ever damn week. I think New England did this for at least 2 years straight.
So why not just do it with every single player on the team to be on the safe side. I am sure everyone is a little bruised or have muscle soreness. This would eliminate the issue.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why not just do it with every single player on the team to be on the safe side. I am sure everyone is a little bruised or have muscle soreness. This would eliminate the issue.
Exactly. Not to mention how dumb this whole conversation is given that Jalen Hurts has been playing the entire season limping around and hasn't appeared on the Eagles injury report. They even talk about him having a knee contusion when discussing his play. Why does that not need to be reported, but a compression sleeve does? It's all pretty dumb.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Not to mention how dumb this whole conversation is given that Jalen Hurts has been playing the entire season limping around and hasn't appeared on the Eagles injury report. They even talk about him having a knee contusion when discussing his play. Why does that not need to be reported, but a compression sleeve does? It's all pretty dumb.

Jalen could be MVP this year if he doesn't get screwed by the refs.