• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on These M's

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the 2015 Season starts, give the SportsHoopla M's board your thoughts on these busts/stars.

Rate them as:
Future A/S (AS+), or future AS once or twice (AS)
Regular Starter and major Contributor for 6+ years (RS+), or RS for limited time (RS)
platoon Player (P)
Bench Player (B)
Bust (Bust)

Zunino, some on down on his numbers, low BA, high K's, D is meh? Others like his progress, HR's are a strength, K's ok because he will adjust, D, he is a stud!

Miller, Def he has some bad throws, he can hit the snots out of the ball, occasionally, the non batting gloves bothers me, more of a Movie Star than HOF'er. Can he play multiple positions? He is better off at another position(s)? Keep him at SS, he is our guy?

Taylor, A natural glove with some pop. Always will play great D which is what we need, any O is a +. His D is over-rated! Better than Miller.

Peterson, Jackson, Kivlehan, Marte, Guerrero, Wilson, other

Pitchers

Walker,
C Smith
Vargas (unknown) my pick to do something.
Hultzen
Pike
Diaz

Post 1000, hoping this is a good OMEN. Go M's.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon, let's discuss the future.

In Spring, Walker looks like the guy we are GLAD we didn't trade. But it is Spring. Thoughts Now?
Hultzen, will he recover?
Jackson, 1st rounder, along w/Peterson......these guys? Trade bait this year or future M's?
Miller, I like him a lot, Taylor too.
Zunino?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon, let's discuss the future.

In Spring, Walker looks like the guy we are GLAD we didn't trade. But it is Spring. Thoughts Now?
Hultzen, will he recover?
Jackson, 1st rounder, along w/Peterson......these guys? Trade bait this year or future M's?
Miller, I like him a lot, Taylor too.
Zunino?

Out of those guys you listed I think Miller is the most likely to be trade bait. He is the type of player every WS champion needs/has. It's just hard to imagine him and Taylor are going to continue to compete for SS and to me Miller is the guy that I would trade for before Taylor and Taylor seems to fit what the Mariners "identity" is.

I can't see them dealing Jackson or Peterson since a team like the Mariners need to finally hit on a position player and he seems to be in their future plans or they wouldn't have him working at 1B. The only guy I can remember in recent Mariners history that they spent so much time in changing positions that they dealt is Adam Jones, and I don't count Nick Franklin because they ended up moving him back to his natural position prior to his trade.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually hoping we don't deal anyone at this point. Ramirez had to go so no biggies, but let the roster play out and see what happens. If improvement was to be made, it should have happened via free agency this winter.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually hoping we don't deal anyone at this point. Ramirez had to go so no biggies, but let the roster play out and see what happens. If improvement was to be made, it should have happened via free agency this winter.

Nope, nope, Jack's philosophy is winter is for free agency and waits until the tradeline to find that perfect deal that doesn't make him look foolish, even though he has over and over again.