• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, had it off just by a bit. It's not sent directly to the opponent, but it's uploaded to a service for all teams to access
Oh wild. Doesn't that mitigate sign stealing then if teams are provided tape of opponents signs?

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wild. Doesn't that mitigate sign stealing then if teams are provided tape of opponents signs?

They're the ones who provide the film. They know where it's being recorded from. And All-22 doesn't capture the sidelines generally. Look up NFL All 22 on youtube and it's essentially the same thing I'm assuming most teams provide to this service

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On which day of the week do teams send their tapes to their opponents? How much tape do they send?

Hell, we'd get them the week before in high school 30 some years ago.

College we'd get them Monday that included their most recent game.

Most people really don't realize how big of a community the coaching profession is. They all kind of root for each other and it is kind of a fraternity of sorts.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the ones who provide the film. They know where it's being recorded from. And All-22 doesn't capture the sidelines generally. Look up NFL All 22 on youtube and it's essentially the same thing I'm assuming most teams provide to this service
that's not much different than watching a game broadcast then right?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, we'd get them the week before in high school 30 some years ago.

College we'd get them Monday that included their most recent game.

Most people really don't realize how big of a community the coaching profession is. They all kind of root for each other and it is kind of a fraternity of sorts.
With all of that, is it then so wild to believe that tape of sidelines wouldn't also be passed around readily?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of that, is it then so wild to believe that tape of sidelines wouldn't also be passed around readily?

Maybe. Likely.

I just don't get it to be honest.

There is so much that goes into a single play of 22 players on the field that simply knowing whether a team is passing or throwing is fairly lame. Through pure scouting, you're going to know a teams tendencies, and what they do on almost any down and distance.

'Knowing' whether they will pass or throw within seconds of the snap seems petty and absurd. Not even sure why Harbaugh and Michigan would even invest in something so miniscule as to thinking it would actually help in the outcome of an actual game.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Likely.

I just don't get it to be honest.

There is so much that goes into a single play of 22 players on the field that simply knowing whether a team is passing or throwing is fairly lame. Through pure scouting, you're going to know a teams tendencies, and what they do on almost any down and distance.

'Knowing' whether they will pass or throw within seconds of the snap seems petty and absurd. Not even sure why Harbaugh and Michigan would even invest in something so miniscule as to thinking it would actually help in the outcome of an actual game.
Agreed. It seems like a shit ton of work for little, if any, gain. And if the reports from TCU are true, your opponent can switch up their signals to throw you off. As a Michigan fan, hopefully this was just some bullshit that the low-level employee took upon himself to scheme up and the higher ups had no idea what was going on. Even if there isn't any penalties against the program, this ordeal has tarnished the program in the eyes of many.

It baffles me why they don't simply use helmet mics anyways. College Football nets a literal fortune for these programs and they can't afford a couple grand per game for this?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would surprise me very much if Harbaugh is the Michigan coach after this season. I bet they get some kind of penalty that is fairly significant and he leaves.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would surprise me very much if Harbaugh is the Michigan coach after this season. I bet they get some kind of penalty that is fairly significant and he leaves.
Definitely has some Pete Carroll vibes. I'll be less than surprised if he is announced as the next Las Vegas Raiders Head Coach.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It seems like a shit ton of work for little, if any, gain. And if the reports from TCU are true, your opponent can switch up their signals to throw you off. As a Michigan fan, hopefully this was just some bullshit that the low-level employee took upon himself to scheme up and the higher ups had no idea what was going on. Even if there isn't any penalties against the program, this ordeal has tarnished the program in the eyes of many.

It baffles me why they don't simply use helmet mics anyways. College Football nets a literal fortune for these programs and they can't afford a couple grand per game for this?
The CFB world was so traumatized by Ivy League players walking around in fur coats and winning natties it has been completely unreasonable on anything that'd advance the sport past 1890.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFB world was so traumatized by Ivy League players walking around in fur coats and winning natties it has been completely unreasonable on anything that'd advance the sport past 1890.
I have a cousin that graduated from Yale with a minor in fur coat wearing

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will end up being the biggest cheating scandal in sports history. Hairbaugh is such an Ahole that it looks looks like a Michigan booster turned him in to the NCAA. Also there was a gambling scheme going on so some people might be going to prison.
when it is proven by the ncaa or whomever is investigating it,then i,ll believe it.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
send him to dc.we need a coach who knows how to win i the nfl and harbaugh fits the bill.we have a decent owner and maybe that will make a difference now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- this is almost identical to the Astros scandal. I would expect some serious penalties but nothing crazy. If you asked me if they will get a 1 year bowl ban I would say that is 50/50.