• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

Craig24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the outrage, it’s scouting. Now if someone hacks into the headsets then ok.
An illegal form of scouting.
Kind of like saying in response to pass interference - "I don't get the outrage, it's defense." An illegal form of defense.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many times when a program does something illegal or unethical and gets busted, yes it seems unfair to the players to discipline the team.
I’m not so sure tha this is the case here.
Don’t tell me the players didn’t know the coaches had the signs from the other team. Because many times they d be in a coverage defense that made no sense but turned out to be the perfect coverage for the play that was being executed

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not so sure tha this is the case here.
Don’t tell me the players didn’t know the coaches had the signs from the other team.

You can see it in the tOSU vs. UM video posted on the last page. There were UM players standing behind coaches that were signaling the play to the defense.

At the least, UM should have a whole new coaching staff next year.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will end up being the biggest cheating scandal in sports history. Hairbaugh is such an Ahole that it looks looks like a Michigan booster turned him in to the NCAA. Also there was a gambling scheme going on so some people might be going to prison.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will end up being the biggest cheating scandal in sports history. Hairbaugh is such an Ahole that it looks looks like a Michigan booster turned him in to the NCAA. Also there was a gambling scheme going on so some people might be going to prison.
iron man eye roll GIF

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think. Wasn't the FBI also just on the UM campus regarding improper access of Michigan's computers? Could that possibly be related?? This is such a bizarre (and stupid) story. In a world where every single game is televised and recorded 10x over, the rule is that you can't have a staff member attend the game and record it themselves?

Obviously, teams are going to scout future opponents, and obviously this includes viewing their tape. It is a well-established practice to steal signs at the game, but somehow you have to pretend you don't see how an opponent does their signage in their past games. It's all insane to me.

Have you ever watched a game? Do you see the signs every single play? I see them once every couple of plays and it's definitely not always the last sign given. So obviously having some douche bag who has a 500+ page manifesto on how he's going to take over the Michigan football team sending little minions to games to record the signs every play is a huge fucking advantage.

And apparently you don't know how teams scout future opponents. It's tape sent by the OPPONENT. So you don't think they're placing the cameras to hide the signals? God Michigan fans have their heads buried so fucking far into the sand. If what they are being accused of doing was actually happening, it's fucking cheating. If you want to use the "everybody does it" excuse, then get better at cheating and try again.

Regardless, it's going to take a minimum of 365 days to really see any results of this because the NCAA moves at the pace of a paralyzed snail in regards to any punishments. And that's if the school and the NCAA agree on the punishment.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever watched a game? Do you see the signs every single play? I see them once every couple of plays and it's definitely not always the last sign given. So obviously having some douche bag who has a 500+ page manifesto on how he's going to take over the Michigan football team sending little minions to games to record the signs every play is a huge fucking advantage.

And apparently you don't know how teams scout future opponents. It's tape sent by the OPPONENT. So you don't think they're placing the cameras to hide the signals? God Michigan fans have their heads buried so fucking far into the sand. If what they are being accused of doing was actually happening, it's fucking cheating. If you want to use the "everybody does it" excuse, then get better at cheating and try again.

Regardless, it's going to take a minimum of 365 days to really see any results of this because the NCAA moves at the pace of a paralyzed snail in regards to any punishments. And that's if the school and the NCAA agree on the punishment.
I had no idea this was how things were done. Mind blown.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cheating so amazing that when they see the signs from the other team and know it is a pass, they still score touchdowns.

This scandal is so pathetically bad it is ridiculous.

Have any of you clowns ever played a down of football? Sure, I may know if a team is running or throwing the football, but unless I know the actual play design and direction it is going, it can actually be counter-intuitive.

When the Astros were stealing signs in a true one on one matchup of pitcher vs batter, and the batter knew a fastball, curve, slider, or change up was coming, it was a massive advantage. When 22 guys are on the field and you simply know pass vs run, you have no clue about the blocking, routes, which side it is going, nor the ability of the QB to check down and or even run the ball when nobody is open because the D 'knows' it is a pass.

This is so beyond dumb it is truly funny.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheating so amazing that when they see the signs from the other team and know it is a pass, they still score touchdowns.

This scandal is so pathetically bad it is ridiculous.

Have any of you clowns ever played a down of football? Sure, I may know if a team is running or throwing the football, but unless I know the actual play design and direction it is going, it can actually be counter-intuitive.

When the Astros were stealing signs in a true one on one matchup of pitcher vs batter, and the batter knew a fastball, curve, slider, or change up was coming, it was a massive advantage. When 22 guys are on the field and you simply know pass vs run, you have no clue about the blocking, routes, which side it is going, nor the ability of the QB to check down and or even run the ball when nobody is open because the D 'knows' it is a pass.

This is so beyond dumb it is truly funny.

You really don't think knowing run vs. pass is little to no advantage? And has it been revealed how much is given by those signs?

2014 National Championship game Auburn had FSU's signs (former coach) in the first half and FSU went into the half scoring just 10 points. Changed them up and put up 24 in the second half. So tell me again how it doesn't matter.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll see if I can find the quote in the article on The Athletic and screen shot it here
On which day of the week do teams send their tapes to their opponents? How much tape do they send?