• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of new information came out today, video survellence sent to NCAA.

Michigan's spy bought tickets for the OSU /PSU game this weekend. low center field on both sides of the stadium. tickets went unused. didn't they have a 2nd stringer set up to take conner's place???

but this isn't looking good.

and I love how so many are trying to brush this under the rug.
If this broke after the PSU game, I have no doubt those seats would have been filled.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of new information came out today, video survellence sent to NCAA.

Michigan's spy bought tickets for the OSU /PSU game this weekend. low center field on both sides of the stadium. tickets went unused. didn't they have a 2nd stringer set up to take conner's place???

but this isn't looking good.

and I love how so many are trying to brush this under the rug.

I probably should be concerned, but I'm not the least bit concerned for some reason. I really don't see this going anywhere but maybe a slap on the wrist (I don't see a punishment in regards to losing wins, losing scholarships, or being disqualified this year).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably should be concerned, but I'm not the least bit concerned for some reason. I really don't see this going anywhere but maybe a slap on the wrist (I don't see a punishment in regards to losing wins, losing scholarships, or being disqualified this year).
NCAA doesn’t run the playoffs anyway.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team, somehow, knew in advance every play my team ran on Saturday - both offensively and defensively.
I think it's probable the carnage might have been lessened some if yall had actually cared to steal some of our signs.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude makes 55K a year.
After Uncle Sam's cut, he is lucky is he takes home about 40K net.

He bought multiple 45 yard line prime expensive seats to multiple game (11 so far) and flights + hotels + meals to each one.
That probably set him back at least 10 grand if not more which seems a bit out of his salary range.

And he used video equipment....even if its nothing more than a cellphone camera.....that is a huge no-no.
The video and electronics part is the killer charge. That is a clear and obvious violation.

This is a bad look, and its going to be a lot more than just a slap on the wrist (if proven to be true)
Michigan is already still in the midst of another investigation.

Back-to-Back Minor stuff will almost 100% result in major penalties such as bowl bans and scholarship reductions.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, if you're going to have one good player, Harrison is a very fair choice. He's amazing.

Egbuka is also going to be a first rounder.

If Henderson actually manages to play he's no slouch either.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He bought multiple 45 yard line prime expensive seats to multiple game (11 so far) and flights + hotels + meals to each one.
That probably set him back at least 10 grand if not more which seems a bit out of his salary range.

And he used video equipment....even if its nothing more than a cellphone camera.....that is a huge no-no.
The video and electronics part is the killer charge. That is a clear and obvious violation.

This is a bad look, and its going to be a lot more than just a slap on the wrist (if proven to be true)

Back-to-Back Minor stuff will almost 100% result in major penalties such as bowl bans and scholarship reductions.
^ all good points.

He's probably under 40K I'm betting. and at that take home pay, the cost of tickets, travel, etc. , no way he could afford that.

Now, I have zero problem during the course of a football game that if you can figure out the other teams signs to know what they are doing, no problem, good for you. but paying a spy to go to a bunch of games using video to gain a competitive advantage, that's a serious violation in my opinion. It can CLEARLY gain your team an advantage. end of story.

I just heard this morning that for the last two years, this guy was going to most of the games, doing this. but guess what, supposedly, he was not able to get TCU's signs last year. and look what happened in that game.

have no idea how this doesn't result in some serious penalties. bowl ban? CCG ban? scholarships? vacated wins?

but if it's one thing I've learned, there are different sets of rules and penalties for team A vs. team B.

These violations don't affect game outcomes????? but getting some tattoos and selling some charms DOES affect game outcomes?? :scratch::gaah:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the outrage, it’s scouting. Now if someone hacks into the headsets then ok.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the host of the michigan football report on youtube. Did he say that on his show?
It also does appear from the pictures that I’ve seen that Stalions was on the Michigan sidelines at some games, so even if he didn’t get paid, he was getting benefits from the program.

Although the reports I had read said that he was suspended with pay. ‍♂️

I hope the NCAA comes out with something soon, although I could see them just punting the decision till the spring.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also does appear from the pictures that I’ve seen that Stalions was on the Michigan sidelines at some games, so even if he didn’t get paid, he was getting benefits from the program.

I hope the NCAA comes out with something soon, although I could see them just punting the decision till the spring.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA drags things out like you said.

If what's reported is true it's a bad look for UofM.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I've heard that he has been seen standing next to harbaugh and coordinators.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scholship reductions?

They can just pay the kids the equivalent instead. Scholarship restrictions aren’t really a thing anymore.

Corum is making more money playing the first three quarters for Michigan than he would if he’d entered the draft.