• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on my 10- Team League Draft:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked 7th. PPR League. (3rd year in a row I have drafted between 6-8, but that's another story):

QB: RGIII (8th Round)
Romo (12th Round)
Rivers (14th Round)

RB: Forte (1st Round)
R. Matthews (5th Round)
T. Richardson (7th Round)
D. Sproles ( 10th Round)

WR: AJ Green (2nd Round)
P. Garcon (3rd Round)
P. Harvin (6th Round)
C. Shorts (11th Round)
J. Gordon (15th Round) (we'll see)

TE: V. Davis (4th Round)
A. Serferian-Jenkins (16th Round)

K: J. Tucker (13th Round)

D/ST: Broncos (9th Round)

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only 2 people will question are my 3rd and 4th Round picks (Garcon and V. Davis). And if I should have taken another RB instead. But I had Davis as my #3 TE, behind Graham and Thomas. I did not have another elite TE - so I grabbed him. I figure if I get him, I can just plug and play for the year and not really have to worry about carrying a backup. Garcon was the most heavily targeted WR in the league last year, and in a PPR league that caught my attention. I think he could be a top 5-6 WR this year easily.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got forte thats a bonus...

good qb depth....but your rb's are pretty poor, and im not a fan of your wr, i would of waited on a te rather than take davis off a career year with a qb who has more mouths to feed, and well doesnt pass the ball well..or often.......and garcon now has jackson to contend with.....and harvin is risky.........

the roster has potential but on the surface im gonna say its a mediocre

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got forte thats a bonus...

good qb depth....but your rb's are pretty poor, and im not a fan of your wr, i would of waited on a te rather than take davis off a career year with a qb who has more mouths to feed, and well doesnt pass the ball well..or often.......and garcon now has jackson to contend with.....and harvin is risky.........

the roster has potential but on the surface im gonna say its a mediocre

I gotcha. I knew those would be the arguments when I drafted them. I went all in on Garcon - but I think he has a career year this year. I think DJax will actually help him. Both RGIII and Cousins look his way. He won't/can't get as many double teams with the speedy #2 guy requiring safety attention. I think him and AJ Green are studs. And you're right about Harvin - but for a 6th Round pick, it was a risk I was willing to take. We get points for KO and Punt TD's as well. If he stays healthy (and that's a huge if) he is an easy #1 WR.

I, like you, am not crazy about my #2 RB. Never in a million years thought Forte would fall to #7 - steal. But I sacrificed my #2 RB to get my #2 WR and my #1 TE. In a PPR league, I think it was the right call - but we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get the arguments, almost all leagues get KO and punt return TDs

I dunno, i know they looked his way alot, but its also a new system......alot of ppl are high on him hope garcon works out

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotcha. I knew those would be the arguments when I drafted them. I went all in on Garcon - but I think he has a career year this year. I think DJax will actually help him. Both RGIII and Cousins look his way. He won't/can't get as many double teams with the speedy #2 guy requiring safety attention. I think him and AJ Green are studs. And you're right about Harvin - but for a 6th Round pick, it was a risk I was willing to take. We get points for KO and Punt TD's as well. If he stays healthy (and that's a huge if) he is an easy #1 WR.

I, like you, am not crazy about my #2 RB. Never in a million years thought Forte would fall to #7 - steal. But I sacrificed my #2 RB to get my #2 WR and my #1 TE. In a PPR league, I think it was the right call - but we'll see.

I think you got some good values. Forte at 7 was a steal. Green, RG3 and Romo were good values also.

I am nervous about Garcon though. I think you reached too far. He is solid, sure, but pick 27 overall is way too soon. I am not sure what affect DJax will have on the offense and specifically on Garcon, but I think you should have taken the best RB here. Garcon would have still been there at pick 34 and that could have prevented you from making another big mistake.

Vernon Davis is not a 4th round pick, especially in PPR. He does not get enough targets and now that Crabtree is back and healthy, Davis is being over-drafted big time. He should be going in the 6th or 7th round in PPR.

I really worry about your RBs after Forte and I honestly don't think you are strong enough elsewhere to make up for it unless Garcon has a career year (possible, but doubtful IMO).

For now, there is no reason to have 3 QBs and although Rivers is good, he has no trade value in a 10 team league, so you can drop him for the best available RB.

Good luck.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, you already said this, but since you invested so highly in Davis, there is absolutely no reason to roster your backup TE.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I woild have preferred an RB in the 3rd, with a chance of nabbing Garcon in thd 4th, but if you really wanted him, I can see him not lasting to the 4th in a PPR, but yeah, can't get behind Davis in the 4th.

I would also add RB/WR for Rivers and ASJ.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, you already said this, but since you invested so highly in Davis, there is absolutely no reason to roster your backup TE.

Yep. Rivers and A.S-F are bot early FA moves once I see who will pan out. Nobody there I wanted so snatched for preservation for a couple weeks just in case RG or Romo go down early. But you are right on both of them.

I also figure if Percy stays healthy for a few weeks and lights it up, or if somehow Gordon doesn't get suspended - I have great trade bait for another RB.