• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This makes my day! Bring it on Pitt

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely HATE this. I was pissed when we scheduled the first 2 games. Fuck Pitt and the horse they rode in on. They had the chance to play us every year and turned it down when we wanted to Join Big East and Form all East sports conference. They are now stuck in a conference that's ready to implode while we have the most profitable conference in the nation expanding east to keep us. I live in SW PA and thsi game is a lose - lose for us. If we don't kill the assholes, its like we lost and god forbid we lose to them ever. They get beat like a drum 23 of 30 games under Joe, yet point to a 12-0 loss we had in teh last one every time you bring it up....yes, a game against the second losing team in Paterno era with 2 phantom offensive PI calls that called back TD's, which would have won the game....that's the highlight of the series for them over the last 30 years.

The series does nothing for PSU, but sells out Heinz twice for them. Also, I don't know if you went to or recall the last time we played those assholes in Pittsburgh. We were forced to buy the "Pennsylvania Package" with games against Temple and Villanova to get PSU-Pitt tickets. They basically stole money from our fans. This is likeek a fucking charity case and we are the ones giving. I'd rather drive 2 hours to State college to see us play a Division 3 team than go see Pitt with a 10 minute drive. Fuck them.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By then we'll pretty much be in the middle of what the sanctions are going to do to us... Its a great opportunity to me to possibly get a stranglehold on recruiting in western pa. I don't see Pitt getting too good too fast.

I actually can't wait to see them play in Heinz

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By then we'll pretty much be in the middle of what the sanctions are going to do to us... Its a great opportunity to me to possibly get a stranglehold on recruiting in western pa. I don't see Pitt getting too good too fast.

I actually can't wait to see them play in Heinz

We'll have Hack and Breneman as the centerpieces of our offense then. Pitt will always be Pitt. An also ran who can win 8 games on a good year. Chryst will be gone by that time, either he'll do well and leave or be fired by then.

You'll love how Pitt screws us and bundles the tickets to force you to buy for some shit games to get PSU ticket. Then again, you can get some Pitt season tickets for less than I pay for single game PSU tickets. I just hate giving those bastards charity ans a guaranteed sellout. It won't help recruiting, Pitt will still get the kids they get now. Kids who are scared to leave town or have family issues (thats why Shell is there, Johnson is going there and they will get a commit from Foster, who probably won't qualify). Penn state, OSU, UM, ND and the rest of the big boys will fight over the kids who aren't scared to leave or bound by circumstances beyond their control to stay home. Beating their brains in won't change it. Hell, we were 23-7-1 under Joe against them and they'd still pull some gems for those reasons.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care that it is Pitt, I'm just glad it isn't another team that is there just to pad our win total, as happened so often in the Paterno era. Pitt is at least a respectable team that we can reliably beat and make voters respect us for it.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care that it is Pitt, I'm just glad it isn't another team that is there just to pad our win total, as happened so often in the Paterno era. Pitt is at least a respectable team that we can reliably beat and make voters respect us for it.

you mean like USC, Texas, Bama, Miami, Nebraska, ND, teams like that who we played in the Paterno era?? Pitt hasn't been good in 30 years, they are there to pad the win total. You really think you gain voters respect for beating a team who has been in the worst BCS conference in America and never won it outright?? Hell, their only BCS game was as a 4 loss team when the rest of the conference was even worse. Pitt has not been relevant since 1981. I'd rather play more home-home series with teams like I mentioned above along with VT, Georgia and any other SEC team willing to come north.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can start adding the tough games again once we get back to full strength IMO

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can start adding the tough games again once we get back to full strength IMO

We are about to pull a top 20 class in what will be the toughest year for BOB and company to recruit. Played with a roster of around 670 schollie players this year, I think we'll be fine when he's pulling top players who fit what he wants to do. Getting some quality walk ons as well. Greg Garrity's kid will contribute.