• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This has been a BAD pre-season for injuries

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. After two rough years, we get just a small sense of some optimism that we're moving forward. It seems every week there's another starter with an injury endangering his Week 1 status since camp opened. McPhee, Grassu, Fuller, Long, Porter... Damn man... We're struggling with injuries and we haven't even played a game yet.

Thank god the starters are essentially done playing.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you get with physical practices. I have not yet seen the Bridgewater injury, but Zimmer said he saw the playback and it was non contact. Apparently, (from what I read) Teddy came really close to needing to have the leg amputated the way the knee dislocated and tore up the ligaments, it sounds like it stopped blood flow for a long enough time.

So I guess it all comes down to luck, but we went thru years of non contact practices and it seemed like the defense had no memory of how to tackle, it truly is a double edged sword and seems like the injuries are gonna happen anyway.

Me, I like what New Orleans is doing. They have yet to click and their starters are going to play alot in the fourth game. I still think its worthwhile to get this offense some cohesiveness playing against Clevelands third string.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what's going on with the injuries, bad luck... I think the Bears are doing things the right way. Practices were NOT too physical they were typical 2016 NFL practices. With the current CBA you CAN'T have too much contact anyway. I sure they thought that McPhee would have returned by now and nobody would have predicted Long and all the CB's going down. Just bad luck. We haven't lost a single game yet...and even when they do...it's a long season and nobody goes undefeated. Long way to go boys. Let's hope for the best.

And HELL NO to playing starters in the the 4th Preseason game. They should cut it to 2 or 3 games anyway. Peace!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The experts that are there are all commenting on how physical the practices have been. When there are 20 guys in red no contact jerseys I guess it tones it down but this is definitely one of the top teams if you are rating pushing the boundaries of the CBA...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say some of the dumbest shit with such unbridled confidence, as if there is no doubt in your mind, or that you have first-hand knowledge of....which of course, you don't.

Literally the only reported thing regarding practices and training camp, is that there have been a few dust-ups. Which of course happens on every team, every year, since the advent of the forward fucking pass.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say some of the dumbest shit with such unbridled confidence, as if there is no doubt in your mind, or that you have first-hand knowledge of....which of course, you don't.

Literally the only reported thing regarding practices and training camp, is that there have been a few dust-ups. Which of course happens on every team, every year, since the advent of the forward fucking pass.

I heard the experts that have been watching the past decade of camps say this is the most physical the bears have practiced is me saying dumb shit with unbridled confidence? You heard everything, you listen to the same sports radio I do, or you just need work on just reading what is written and not what you think I meant to start an argument? Sounds like you heard one fucking report.

Get over yourself man.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, said practices are obviously within the guidelines of the CBA or we would have heard about it. Practices today, are half as physical as they were just 5 years ago. You would complain either way. Either they are too soft and need to practice harder, or all the injuries are the result of harder practices. You would bitch either way, and act like you know what's best either way.

Maybe YOU should get over YOURSELF.