• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I wasn't a part of the KKFL. I know all of you love Lucas. He was on here for quite some time and then....poof? Does any one know where he went or what happened? Since you know more about him, I thought maybe you could shed some light.
Lucas lived in Jersey and worked in his family business - which I think was restoring old cars. It was definetly in the auto business. A great guy, but a lot of health issues ran in the family. He was big into alternative medicines, but I fear the worst. From an old PM from him, I knew the town he lived in, but never knew his last name so have never been able to google him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping one of these days he is going to tell us Crash had him locked up down in his basement and he finally escaped.

:dhd:

But for real. It would be nice to know if he just quit the message board stuff or something happend. I fear the worst too as I can't see him just leaving us like that, especially at draft time when he did. I was hoping he would return this year saying he won a bet where he was dared to not post for an entire year to see if he could do it.

I remember his sister died suddenly years ago and that was hard on him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Franklin has announced his retirement after 7 years in the NFL. He was also the last draft SpringStein watched with me...

His wife and kid were still living in Denver and it sounds like he will be staying in Denver.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to OF. He’s a well spoken guy, maybe we’ll be hearing him on local sports shows.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck and peace in retirement to Orlando Franklin.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read on one of my favorite players of his draft class Stedman Bailey who nearly lost his life a few years back after being shot in the head. He is trying to make an NFL comeback. No surprise to me that Kayvon Webster was by his bedside shortly after this occurred.

Unfinished Business

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another story I wanted to share.

I loved James Washington the first game I watched him, so not going to claim I fell in love with his story, but I do love his story. Worth reading. An example of a hard worker and naturally gifted athlete. He is good at everything he does.
Washington: 'I grew up working' 

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another story I wanted to share.

I loved James Washington the first game I watched him, so not going to claim I fell in love with his story, but I do love his story. Worth reading. An example of a hard worker and naturally gifted athlete. He is good at everything he does.
Washington: 'I grew up working'
Love the human interest story. And love the lessons his dad taught him through hard work.

It’s truly a pity the Broncos didn’t draft him.. just think he could have a farm that supply chicken feed for Von’s chickens!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the human interest story. And love the lessons his dad taught him through hard work.

It’s truly a pity the Broncos didn’t draft him.. just think he could have a farm that supply chicken feed for Von’s chickens!

BINGO

;)

( was Von’s chicken’s name)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coby Fleener was released today. Another vet TE on the market. He hasn't been the same since he left the Colts.

Also released was Zane Beadles.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Football guys aren't geniuses, there are no Norman Einstein's in football."

Joe Thiesman
USC

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Tuesday, DC’s favorite day of the week!

Go get em today, whatever that means in your world.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coby Fleener was released today. Another vet TE on the market. He hasn't been the same since he left the Colts.

Also released was Zane Beadles.
Not much done with the TEs
I hope Elway knows something we don’t but it could a disaster this year to count on guys who have never played or practiced in the NFL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much done with the TEs
I hope Elway knows something we don’t but it could a disaster this year to count on guys who have never played or practiced in the NFL

At this point not much is going to walk through the door that is going to change things drastically at the position. Every team has some young talent they have to depend upon to outplay what many might think they can bring to the table in order for the team to be successful. I still like our TE group more this year than last year. I at least have more hope for some production for a variety of reasons. Part of it being the players at the position but also just knowing we have a QB that has gotten some production out of the TE position before.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuck me as funny....from Ichiro Suzuki the great baseball player

Tom Brady asked Ichiro for advice on stretching, Ichiro had no idea who Brady was

One morning in spring training, 2017, he was in the coaches’ room looking at his cell phone text messages. Ichiro told the coaches about one message he had just received from a number he didn’t recognize. The guy said he’d gotten Ichiro’s number from Alex Rodriguez, and that he wanted to come meet him and study his stretching system.
“What’s the guy’s name?” asked one of the coaches.
Ichiro strolled to the end of the text. “Some guy named Tom Brady. Who the f— is Tom Brady?”

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point not much is going to walk through the door that is going to change things drastically at the position. Every team has some young talent they have to depend upon to outplay what many might think they can bring to the table in order for the team to be successful. I still like our TE group more this year than last year. I at least have more hope for some production for a variety of reasons. Part of it being the players at the position but also just knowing we have a QB that has gotten some production out of the TE position before.
I know . My comment was more about not doing anything in FA.
Jason Witten has 35 catches for 350 yards and 1 TD his rookie year. I don't expect much from our rookie TEs this year. Doesn't mean the future is not bright just that for this year not expecting much production.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our production at TE will be much better than last year. Doesn't say much, but I am looking forward to Butt and Fumagalli developing into solid TE's.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions waived Bradley Chubb's older brother, Brandon Chubb this week.